The Souls Apart and a Part of the Maw

11 Dec 2019 13:51 - 11 Dec 2019 14:24 #1 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
The Souls Apart and a Part of the Maw was created by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Lord Angelica and I were presented with a shared vision with the help of Galladel and Devriatus and we have agreed on this missive to post here in the Dragon's Claw:

There are souls trapped within the Maw, tainted by the same corruption that turned Gamaliel into what he is within. Some that have been studying with Profressor Algrave will be working on splitting off the souls (they appear as tendrils if I have read everything correctly) and those souls will lash out at people on the field. After they are incapacitated, there is a chance to save those spirits instead of have them completely lost to the void.

Galladel and Devariatus are lending their aid to those helping resurrect on the battlefield against this Maw. I do not know the exact details, but it has been assured it will take much less time to resurrect these souls at the very least. If you are able to resurrect a spirit and have not committed to any particular action against the Maw but know you want to help fight, please reach out.

We will have to convince these corrupted spirits that it is worth returning to be helped. You may make a note here or send either of us a missive, but I will be starting to organize this with Lord Angelica’s aid.

I am sure that there will be souls that are far too lost so please do not let that discourage you on the field. Do your best and every genuine attempt you make will be more than enough.

Thank you everyone.

Ilana Darkwood
Lady of Pendarvin
Headmistress of Darkwood Academy

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 11 Dec 2019 14:24 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Brian T.
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You cannot escape me, even through death.
  • Thank Yous: 186
11 Dec 2019 14:35 - 11 Dec 2019 14:44 #2 by Brian T. (Renthios)
Replied by Brian T. (Renthios) on topic The Souls Apart and a Part of the Maw
Lady Ilana,

You need people to help resurrect and save souls? You know where I'll be then, to the best of my abilities. My only request would be, if anyone finds any part of Gamaliel's soul guardian form, you bring him to me, as I'm still responsible for letting this monstrosity out of its cage apparently, and I'd like to deal with him appropriately.

~Therion

OOG: Brian T.
Marshal
Last edit: 11 Dec 2019 14:44 by Brian T. (Renthios).
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
11 Dec 2019 15:13 - 11 Dec 2019 15:14 #3 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic The Souls Apart and a Part of the Maw
Oh, I'm pretty sure you'll have plenty of chances to punch him to dust.
Repeatedly.
Happy hunting the "Master Soul"

-Ser Robert Morgan

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
Last edit: 11 Dec 2019 15:14 by Tom P (Father Ridigan).
11 Dec 2019 22:14 #4 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic The Souls Apart and a Part of the Maw
After they are subdued, do our healers and priests have a proven method of transporting these assets to a secure point for conversion? If so we can establish a pipeline to a conversion triage.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
12 Dec 2019 04:18 #5 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic The Souls Apart and a Part of the Maw
Now, is this specifically a request for those of the healer and priest persuasion, or will those of us with less tasteful methods of resurrection be able to assist in the rescuing of these souls?

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
12 Dec 2019 08:10 #6 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic The Souls Apart and a Part of the Maw
Whatever methods prove effective and efficient.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
12 Dec 2019 10:41 #7 by Jenn Cutter (Jenn)
Replied by Jenn Cutter (Jenn) on topic The Souls Apart and a Part of the Maw
Chesta,

While in most situations I am one that prefers non-chaotic resurrections, I believe that in this case, getting the souls resurrected as quickly as possible is crucial and as such, anyone capable of resurrecting who wants to help would be appreciated.

Dr. Selby Wainwright
Viceroy of Albriar
Quartermaster of the Blood Spirits Mercenary Company
Acting Guildmaster of the Travancian Crafters Guild

OOG Jenn Cutter
12 Dec 2019 13:31 #8 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic The Souls Apart and a Part of the Maw
Chesta- Anyone who can resurrect is appreciated. I'd tell anyone just be as respectful as you can about it since we're convincing them.

Magistrate- As I do not know what our battlefield will look like, I have loose ideas. There will be a glowing banner for this kind of triage if such an area is able to be created/is needed however.

-Ilana

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
12 Dec 2019 14:44 #9 by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
Replied by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen) on topic The Souls Apart and a Part of the Maw
Ilana,
As members of the same household, you're aware of my skillset and that of our house. I am unsure what my role will be in all of this. In truth, I want to assist the Archons in whatever capacity that I can, but if it makes more sense, I volunteer to act as protector and guard for those performing resurrections so that nothing disturbs the process. I'm willing to put myself wherever I'm most needed though. Please advise and the Order will act accordingly.

In Truth, Duty, and Honor,
Knight Commander Ravyn Aeronwen, Order of the Sagewardens

Main: Ravyn Aeronwen, Constable of Albriar, Vassal of Albriar, Knight Commander of the Order of the Sagewardens, Commander of the Sagewood Guard, and Professor of Bardics at Darkwood Academy
Alt: Vespertine Crimson, Owner of the Crimson Tide and Entertainer for the Blackbird

OOG: Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz
12 Dec 2019 22:02 #10 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic The Souls Apart and a Part of the Maw
Honestly, I just realized how many fellow students are assisting separating the souls but are also a good majority of those who resurrect souls in town. I am glad for Therion and, if he is willing, Chesta's assistance however.

Play it by ear Knight Commander, I trust your judgement.

Though, I may need an indicator for a rally point. The standard I mentioned earlier has decided to be difficult I am told. Maybe we can coordinate something.

-Ilana

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds