Information Request: Fields of Fallow, Heroic Hunters

• Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
27 Jan 2020 12:08 #1 by Aleister (Aleister)
Information Request: Fields of Fallow, Heroic Hunters was created by Aleister (Aleister)
I have, as of two nights ago, accepted a job in which I will be facing the creatures present within the Fields of Fallow. Notably, I'm told of a Lich who resides within, as well as creatures known as scaremortals. Before I depart for Caer Bridaeg, I am seeking any and all information from personal accounts about these monsters or others within the Fields, so that I may be best prepared to face them effectively. I have looked through the public records available in the Dragon's Claw, but will accept any more information or corroboration to already written documentation.

My second request, if I am to be prepared to fight such malignant creatures, I would seek wisdom. In order to be an effective guard against such creatures, I wish to know of any great heroes who once hunted these kinds of night beasts whose spirits I may seek to commune with for guidance.

May the Stars Light the Road,
Sq. Wrekk

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Garrett R
  • If you don't know where you're going, the enemy can't know where you're going
  • Thank Yous: 14
27 Jan 2020 12:46 #2 by Garrett R (Amhrán)
Replied by Garrett R (Amhrán) on topic Information Request: Fields of Fallow, Heroic Hunters
From what I’ve been told, the Lich is batshit insane, and thinks they’re the lord of Travance. You’ll have to dodge the Corpse Trees that surround the fields, just don’t damage the trees because they keep the undead contained to the fields. I’ve never actually faced any of the creatures from the fields, the people of Alisandria will know more. I’ll tell Nesterin that you need information.

Amhrán
[strike]Anam[/strike] Briste-Laoch
OOG: Garrett R
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
27 Jan 2020 16:17 - 27 Jan 2020 16:17 #3 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Information Request: Fields of Fallow, Heroic Hunters
Sq. Wrekk

I do have information for you that I can relay when you get to Caer Bridaeg, but I would very much like for others to bring forth their advice and information as well. Though I have been working on this problem for a few years, I'm still very much gladly accepting any advice and information. You never know what insight someone can bring to you that you have not thought of.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
Last edit: 27 Jan 2020 16:17 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner).
27 Jan 2020 16:24 #4 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Information Request: Fields of Fallow, Heroic Hunters
Look for tales of the First witch hunter, Angus McBride. Shamis Del'Dragon is around on occasion, and you should be able to reach out to him or Reyna Del' Dragon. There should be tales still around of Argyle Del'Dragon Reign as well.

Long and short of fighting undead for the average warrior is this:

-expect numbers. they will either work as a cunning pack in the case of werewolves or vampires, or you'll deal with the shambling waves of Cauldron Born-Zombies- or Skeletons.
-they do not like Silver. Use lots of it. As a resident of Kaladonia, where Blight is a concern, I like to combine Silver and Twilight Shard into the same item and cover both bases.
-watch out if you see one hanging back. its likely to be able to summon help, heal the enemy or cast against you. get our shifty folks and Witch Hunters to concentrate their efforts against that one.

Best advice I can offer.

-Father MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
27 Jan 2020 19:34 - 27 Jan 2020 19:35 #5 by Wren (Wren)
Wrekk,

I dug these out of the library at Sagewardens Keep for you, hope it helps some.

((sorry for the bit of blurriness on the second one))

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
  • Last edit: 27 Jan 2020 19:35 by Wren (Wren).
    • GJSchaller
    • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
    • Thank Yous: 1379
    31 Jan 2020 18:39 #6 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
    Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Information Request: Fields of Fallow, Heroic Hunters
    My wife and I have tangled with Fallow and his minions on several occasions. Here's the pertinent information I remember:

- The fields themselves show some form of sentience. They can shift and move, and eject beings they feel are threats. I don't know if the fields have intelligence, or it's Fallow's awareness spread to his crops.

- The Fields lure in children, and turn them into Scaremortals. Expect there to be sights and sounds, and other illusions, to draw you in and disorient you.

- The fields, and the Scaremortals, are highly susceptible to fire. Magical fire won't work (I believe Fallow's necromancy prevents that), but natural fire - torches, lanterns, and the like - will make short work of Scaremortals. The fields themselves will fight back if burned, ejecting the source of the fire (see above).

This knowledge comes from encounters outside the fields, so it may be different once you are inside. Very few people have gone into the fields and come back out with full knowledge or insight of Fallow's secrets.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
    Steward of Elvalion
    OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
    01 Feb 2020 19:18 #7 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
    Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Information Request: Fields of Fallow, Heroic Hunters
    ONE THING TAH KNOW ABOUT LORD FALLOW
    1) HE IS A GARBAG VERMIN MAN AN I DO NOT CARE FOR HIM.
    OK [strike]TWO THREE FOUR FIVE[/strike] SIX THINGS TAH KNOW BOUT LORD FALLOW
    2) HE LOVES TEA. GETS REAL PARTICULAR ABOUT IT.
    3) HES ALWAYS PUTTIN ON AIRS ON ACCOUNT OF IM GUESSIN HIS MIND TURNIN TO TURNT MOLLASES FROM CENTURIES OF LONELINESS.
    4) OL RATTLIN BONES THINKS HE'S THE BARON OF TRAVANCE AN HATES THE BLACKTHORNS TAH THE POINT WHERE HE JUST STRAGHT KILS PEPLE FOR MENTENIN THEM.
    5) HIS DIRTS A PHILACTORY. MEANS ITS GOT HIS SOUL IN IT. MEANS WES GOTSATAKILL THE LAND TAH KILL HIM PROPER.
    6) HE INVENTED CORN MAGIC. SINFUL.

IFN I THINK OF ANYTHIN ELSE I'LL LETYA KNOW
    YER NAYBOR,
    TOM BELL
    RATCATCHER GENERAL

Magistrate of Travance
    R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Verrill Lebastion,
    House Elder of House Bastion
    Xeno-theologist
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    OOG: -Ben .H
    Monster Marshal
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
    02 Feb 2020 04:19 #8 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
    Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Information Request: Fields of Fallow, Heroic Hunters
    If you ever come across Fallow himself, never mention you are Alisandrian. I almost got beheaded by him for mentioning it.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
    Knight Advisor of Alisandria
    Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
    Player Rep
    Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
    Time to create page: 0.533 seconds