Wendigos

28 Jan 2020 21:58 #1 by Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris)
Wendigos was created by Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris)
It was my arrival in Travance back in Winter 1217 where I first encountered these. . .magnificent beasts. Due to my comedic level of weakness in curiosity and lack of knowledge to what I was up against, my mind was quickly taken over. If it weren't for the courageous efforts of comrades just met, I'd have been drifting in spirit for ages to come.

Ever since then, I've felt a calling. Something inside of me growing.

It's frightening.

The power is something I'm not unfamiliar with per se. . .being psionic and all. . . but the darkness. Oh my the darkness became over whelming. I found myself waking up in the middle of forests. Cold. Wet. Covered in blood. Gasping for air. Without a clue as to what happened.

I've been gone for two years. Two whole years. I recused my ever living existence from even my wife. I haven't even seen her in half that time!

After some while drifting around, I managed to come across an abandoned grotto not too far from Travance that I've set up as a little study. My obsession of the beasts hasn't subsided. Book after book after book and no answers in sight.

It was a sack in a hole, and definitely not the Gilded Jeanne-Vierre life, but it worked to take time to grasp at what's going on in this soul. I had to resort to theft and bribery. Bending minds to feed my hollow tummy. It didn't feel good. I can without a doubt say it's been a humbling experience and I'd like to say I'm far from the conniving Jeanne-Vierre I used to be.

so with this being said I ask you. . . Please help me. Help me understand. I miss you all. I want to come back. I want to be a Professor again. Dirge and Wren, are you there? My Wolf Pack cousins in Ostcliff, are you there? I want to protect my comrades in Travance again. But I'm afraid I'll hurt someone this time. Tell me it's going to be okay. Tell me everything you know about Wendigo.

Kindest regards,

Jeanne-Vierre Desmos
Professor of Psionics - Darkwood Academy
"Golden Codpiece of Ostcliff"

OOG: Chris Garnes-Ahmed
29 Jan 2020 08:32 #2 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Wendigos
If you come by the Academy, there will be people looking out for you to bring you in to help. I will get someone to contact Wren, he is currently away from the Proper. Robert, in case we do not cross paths before you read this, please try and contact Jeanne-Vierre and get him back into civilization or at least not alone.

Ilana Darkwood
Lady of Pendarvin
Headmistress of Darkwood Academy

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
29 Jan 2020 09:10 #3 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic Wendigos
Dear Jeanne-Vierre Desmos,

I don't think I've met you, and I don't have any personal experience with wendigo, but I know what it's like to be afraid that I'll hurt people I care about again. I know that I've found a home here with people who've helped me. I know they can help you, too. You aren't alone.

~Eden Heimdell

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
29 Jan 2020 12:40 #4 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Wendigos
Lad,

Th' metaphorical bell is painted bright red and marked clearly as "do not ring" for a reason. Why did you ring it?

That said, I fought wendigos many moons ago, when I was much newer. Something about cannibalism and the snows brings them out. They're beasts of hard winter and poor decisions. Curing ye is a job for Scholars and Physicians, to the best of my recollections.

-Father MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
03 Feb 2020 10:24 #5 by Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris)
Replied by Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris) on topic Wendigos
Thank you all for your expressed concern.

Eden, I don't believe we directly met, but your name seems to carry many stories. Glad you are doing well and your kind words have helped calm anxious thoughts. I look forward to meeting you sometime. Thank you.

Father MacFhionnlaigh, my obsessive curiosity of "things" unknown blew past instinct and common sense at that moment of weakness at a speed unseen. These last two years have been a very, very long lesson learned. Thank you for the information.

I am writing to confirm that my esteemed colleagues at Darkwood have found and brought me along on their travels to a certain castle of interest lately. I suppose a fitting recovering is getting right back to work.

Jeanne-Vierre Desmos
Professor of Psionics - Darkwood Academy
"Golden Codpiece of Ostcliff"

OOG: Chris Garnes-Ahmed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.496 seconds