Some Things About the Duke and Count Winterdark

30 Jan 2020 07:47 - 30 Jan 2020 08:36 #1 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Some Things About the Duke and Count Winterdark was created by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
I had made this initial report before the map was presented and a few other details known so if I missed anything to update, please just let me know and I can edit it properly.

Ilana Darkwood
Lady of Pendarvin
Head Mistress of Darkwood Academy
---
First, the Esper of Loyalty-

We were able to successfully extract the Esper safely from Balliol with the help of Physicians, Psions, Archon students, and a few strong individuals to hold down the flailing man. The Esper is what was causing that ‘unending peace’ that Angeliana and a few others had felt and, with it being severed from Balliol, all the strange things he had caused to happen with his mind spikes (both the ‘good’ and ‘bad’ ones) began reverting themselves almost immediately.

He told us about his Djinn briefly, his wish for power, a second wish he would keep private, and his third wish releasing the Djinn from his service. It only made sense to me because of the Esper of Loyalty bound to him that he would make that wish, but now I do not think that Esper had any sway on his personality as Espers tend to do. That, because of the Djinn’s abilities, it was only a source of power so I am glad it is safe elsewhere now, it didn’t deserve that.
----

The final sentencing on Saturday began as it was meant to, a large group of us (a bit uncomfortably) squeezed into the cavern Cell Zero was held to bear witness to it. Words were spoken between Balliol and the Count, Balliol angry with him for lying to all of us, Sebastian far angrier about all the people he let die. It felt like a stalemate when the Count handed him the papers, but Lucious did seem like for a moment he would sign them (there was apparently a meeting earlier in the day he reviewed the document with some Travancians and revisions were made.) Unfortunately, he choose Empires over people and shredded the document.

At this point, the Count began to conjure up Mirrormere to rip Balliol's spirit to shreds at the exact same time Balliol called upon his Djinn. He had promised his final wish to the Djinn, but he never actually made it. The damn fool apparently never heard how things with Djinns’ go. Since they had opened the door to the Cell for the Duke to review the papers and so the Count could actually affect him, Lucious asked to be freed. The Djinn, spurned by his now former master, disintegrated Cell Zero as it was not active and then immediately dropped a rock on Balliol’s head, crushing him instantly, the Count suffering the same fate being at his side.

Mirrormere expelled from Sebastian and I only saw briefly that her spirit buffeted at rocks to protect those in her reach and at that point I was snatched up with a gate rune and did not see what happened after. The rune made it to the inn and we immediately started requesting assistance towards the prison, to find souls, see if we could get the rocks moving, anything that could help. Mirrormere had whisked away a group to the entrance of the Dragon’s Claw so by the time I had returned to the area of the cavern, Angeliana and several others were at her side at the now caved in entrance. She said ‘she could not feel her, he left her.’ Referring to Mirrormere, with Sebastian’s body remaining underground.

At this point I continued to search for spirits as I watched the dragoons round up Angeliana to attempt to summon Mirrormere to find Sebastian. I spoke with Angeliana the other night and I will give the important points of the account:

She sung a song she often sings to Mirrormere to calm her and the dragoons focused themselves on her and her song, acquiring any sapphire they could find on their persons and presenting them. At this point, Sebastian’s swords appeared in Angel’s and Aiki’s hands, feeling a weight like Mirrormere’s Claw which then formed into the Count’s hands, cold energy slowly reforming his body as her roar filled the area. Sebastian appeared, unconscious and freezing.

I checked on him the other night to try and give an updated report, but unfortunately there is not much to add. He is currently at a normal body temperature, still unconscious, but physically is healthy.
---

Currently, my best guess, and I will admit this is a complete guess, is that we need to contact the Plane of Fire to help Count Winterdark. For those who do not know he is part fire fury which come from that plane. From Angeliana’s account, it sounds like Mirrormere resurrected Winterdark and it was most likely through the Astral and that is why Angel did not see a spirit in the Spirit Realm.

Please, you may offer suggestions here if you have any. I know our resources are stretched at the moment, but any voice that wants to add true thought to this is appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 30 Jan 2020 08:36 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi), Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris)
  • Naranbaatar Aiki
  • Will generally just drink tea and eat sashimi
  • Thank Yous: 158
30 Jan 2020 08:47 #2 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Replied by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi) on topic Some Things About the Duke and Count Winterdark
Lady Ilana,

I know not of my connection to it but fire burns strongly within myself as well. The most devastating fire assaults barely affect my being and if I need to travel to this plan of fire I will do so. I will do whatever it takes to ensure my liege is returned to their former state.

Dragoons of Travance,

My brothers and sisters. Thank you for coming to our aide to help guide the spirit of Mirrormere when I called for it. This will be a trying time without the Count's guidance on the matter of the blades. If necessary we may need to congregate to beckon Mirrormere on what needs to be done. However this all comes with time as some of you are privy to a current plan set in motion with the infamous relic hunter. I ask that those informed share the information so that the age of Dragons can come forward once more.

Travance,

Please. As I proclaimed before feast. Do not take recourse against the imperials of Balliol. They know not of his true nature and what they mean to him. As far as I am concerned this war is over. If my hand is raised towards any of the empire its to show them the raised hand of mercy after besting them. Our actions will dictate how the aftermath of the war is handled and as such we must stop warring with ourselves. The new war we face is that of a fool invested in his own sad legacy willing to sacrifice anything to gain a small measure of power.

Naranbaatar Aiki
Squire to Count Sebastian Everest, Warden of Kormyre
Former Warlord Castellan to Corvencia
Legionnaire Commander, Kormyrian Army
"In service to the people"

OOG Name: Robert "Ira" Torres [MARSHAL]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
30 Jan 2020 15:10 #3 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Some Things About the Duke and Count Winterdark
Lady Darkwood,

Did Balliol ever elaborate on what these lies were that he accused the Count of?

-Father MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
30 Jan 2020 23:14 #4 by Darius Goldmane ()
Replied by Darius Goldmane () on topic Some Things About the Duke and Count Winterdark
Aiki,

Is Mirrormere still with the count?

Darius Goldmane
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard
Vassal of Kaladonia

OOG - Ryan Kramer
31 Jan 2020 08:54 #5 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Some Things About the Duke and Count Winterdark
Donny - Oh the usual 'didn't trust any of us knowing the king was dead' 'Usurped power using the King's seal' etc. So we either were oblivious, suspicious forever, or also lying to people if we ever found out.

Darius - In case you are looking for an 'as soon as possible response' yes, she is at the moment.

-Ilana

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
03 Feb 2020 11:08 #6 by Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris)
Replied by Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris) on topic Some Things About the Duke and Count Winterdark
Thank you for the report. So much catching up to do.

Being in possession of a planar rune, I will gladly assist in any efforts at the Plane of Fire.

Though, does this Plane have any physical footing for us to traverse? or is it an ever-burning vast scape of flames that we'd "fall" through indefinitely, if we were to actually travel there somehow?

Jeanne-Vierre Desmos
Professor of Psionics - Darkwood Academy
"Golden Codpiece of Ostcliff"

OOG: Chris Garnes-Ahmed
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
03 Feb 2020 13:04 #7 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Some Things About the Duke and Count Winterdark
The plane of fire is not a place one can just go walking around on. It is all fire, made of fire, and unless you have consistent and almost constant defense you are very likely to end up burned severely if not completely. It is not a place I recommend anyone visit unless they are very well prepared. I have spoken with Ilana about a possible solution to assist with this when I return as I do have a contact from this plane that might be able to assist us.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
03 Feb 2020 14:27 #8 by Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris)
Replied by Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris) on topic Some Things About the Duke and Count Winterdark
I wasn't assuming it would be possible to skip around like Travance on a Summer day. Merely offering tools and whatever else assistance if it were needed.

Having never personally traveled there, thank you for the heads up. Sounds like a great place for a vacation.

Jeanne-Vierre Desmos

• Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
03 Feb 2020 16:05 #9 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Some Things About the Duke and Count Winterdark
I apologize if my words came off wrong. They were in no way meant as a chastising. I am simply writing quickly as I am on the move and can only send so much by message. It was meant more as informative. Any idea can be helpful, we do not know what will be the thing that works at this time. It is very useful to know that you have a planar rune, and it is good that you are asking questions as you should be. I apologize if my words came off as harsh, I am often told I am more gruff than I intend to be something I still need to work on. When I return, I hope you seek me out, I will personally tell you of my experience and my friend if not introduce you if there is a need to call on him so that you can see for yourself what I mean.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
03 Feb 2020 16:34 #10 by Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris)
Oh my! I do apologize if I came off offended or anything of the sorts. You were perfectly fine in your writings.

See you soon

Jeanne-Vierre Desmos

• Garrett R
  • If you don't know where you're going, the enemy can't know where you're going
  • Thank Yous: 14
19 Feb 2020 19:39 #11 by Garrett R (Amhrán)
Replied by Garrett R (Amhrán) on topic Some Things About the Duke and Count Winterdark
Aiki,
What’s goin’ on about the blades? And what are we having Isabelle do for us?

Amhrán
[strike]Anam[/strike] Briste-Laoch
OOG: Garrett R
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
03 Mar 2020 12:15 #12 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic Some Things About the Duke and Count Winterdark
(NOT GRAS)

well well well now isn't this interesting.

Taylor Meise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wili ()
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.578 seconds