Wardens Rest

15 Mar 2020 17:27 - 19 Mar 2020 13:24 #1 by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling)
Wardens Rest was created by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling)
Recently I purchased a home in a place called Wardens Rest. Regretfully the domicile is in a uninhabitable state, though the potential of the property is promising.

I am reaching out to others for two purposes.

First, I am incredibly curious about the history surrounding my new home. If anyone could provide me a map I would be so very grateful!

Secondly, I will need to gather resources and find skilled craftsmen to aid in its restoration and expansion. My intention is to utilize this place as a orphanage. I am looking for suggestions as to good materials to utilize in this project, though I am currently focused on merely acquiring wood and stone raw materials.

Considering my less than impressive bank account, I am offering sweets in exchange for these resources. (Although donations will of course be appreciated!)

I am willing to exchange 4 cupcakes or Quinarian Kisses for 5 raw materials.

I am willing to exchange 1 peanutbuttercup cookie for 25 raw materials.

Once I have the materials I will be seeking craftsmen to perform the work on my home, though I am open to advisement and guidance concerning proper improvements for the children.

Graciously and with Respect,
~Vasryn Bira Skuggare

(OOG: Jan Keichline)
Last edit: 19 Mar 2020 13:24 by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling).
16 Mar 2020 23:35 #2 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Wardens Rest
HAY NAYBOR,

WHIL I THINK ON THAT PLOT YE BOUGHT UP, IMMA SEE WHAT I CAN GET SENT OVER YER WAY.

WORRY NOT ON PAYEMENT WIT ANY MANNER O CONFECTION- INSTEAD LES' WORRY TOGETHER BOUT GETTIN A ROOF SOLID ENOUGH TO DETER NIGHT BEASTS

YER NAYBOR,
SERR TOM BELL
RATCATCHER GENERAL

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
17 Mar 2020 15:44 - 19 Mar 2020 13:24 #3 by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling)
Replied by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling) on topic Wardens Rest
Serr Bell,

I am delighted by your offer of aid! I most certainly would appreciate any sort of advice you may be able to give as well. When the young ones move into this place, I want it to be as safe as possible. I imagine some may have fears after living through the horrors of the civil war and losing their families.

I expect to have a floorplan drawn up of the current building, along with a listing of the concerns and damages, soon. After that I mean to begin planning for proper expansions to the property. I think a playground is required at some point. I wish to install a swimming area too, but I am concerned there could be risks involved.

Maybe its just the flusters of being a unexpected mother. Pay this rambling no heed please!

~Vasryn Bira Skuggare

Last edit: 19 Mar 2020 13:24 by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling).
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
17 Mar 2020 20:42 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Wardens Rest
Unless you're Klarington Everest, rambling is better than saying too little. It's one of the worst problems in this town, even compared to some monstrous threats, when folk restrain themselves from honesty.

~Nalick DeMarche

18 Mar 2020 02:53 #5 by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling)
What a curious phrasing that is. ‘Restrain themselves from honesty’ I am having a difficult time imagining why one would do such a thing. Unless it were some misguided attempt to spare someones feelings I imagine? That being said, I appreciate your reassurance in my own temporary loss of control concerning my thoughts. I do suppose I did offer more insight to my daydreaming plans for the place, which can be conducive to convincing others to aid in my endeavors.

~Vasryn Bira Skuggare

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
20 Mar 2020 23:34 #6 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Wardens Rest
Vasryn,

As we come to know each other, you'll find I wax poetic more often than many--as often as others, perhaps involuntarily, restrain themselves from honesty. What I mean is sometimes, townsmembers are less open with their thoughts than one might hope.

~Nalick DeMarche

• Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
21 Mar 2020 09:08 #7 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Wardens Rest
Vasryn, I'm a carpenter by trade, if you need someone to check the stability of the home, or replace any beams, don't hesitate.

-Ser Robert Morgan

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
21 Mar 2020 17:11 #8 by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling)
Nalick,

To be perfectly honest, I delight in the symphony created by stringing poetic words together. Sadly I am not so skilled in such manifestations of the vocal or verbal type. I appreciate your clarification of the meaning, and now I do see and understand what you were saying. I do imagine that some people may wish to keep their inner thoughts...inner. I have been scolded a time or ten about being a little too honest. I believe the description used was 'tactless'. I can not argue that viewpoint either I am afraid.

Ser Morgan,

Actually, your offer is most timely. I was busy cleaning the kitchen the other day, and I swear I felt the whole floor shift under me. In addition, there is some strange swarm of insects making a nest in the living room that makes me hesitate to even try cleaning in there yet. I am pretty positive they have gotten into the walls. Also...I may need a large section of flooring removed in the hallway. There are some very unsettling stains in the wood which I do not wish to dwell upon more. I am attempting to find good lumber to do these repairs still...but I have been having some fun sketching potential future renovations and expansions for my potential children!

~Vasryn Bira Skuggare

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds