A Vardakkian Note

11 Mar 2019 17:40 - 11 Mar 2019 18:47 #1 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
A Vardakkian Note was created by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
(( OOG: This note is written in the Vardakk tongue. You must possess this Cultural Literacy to read the following message. The paper is old, but the penmanship is that of a strong, clear hand which lacks any hesitation. ))

What is with these paleskined idiots? Some of their kin are dying and yet they squabble among themselves? Dishonorable to the highest degree.

They speak of their Light God like he is a lantern which eradicates all shadows of the world while they reside a stones throw from the corruption of the Deep Wood. Hypocrisy by those who preach their Better's word.

I ask you, those who serve Gaaldron with faithful conviction, why do we bend the knee to such weakness? Our sons and daughters are slaughtered by the pretender's forces, yet we now prepare for a Feast? Disgraceful.

Let only human blood feed human crops in the months to come. This is not a matter for our glorious empire to concern itself in any longer ...

I wonder how long this Duke would last if he took to the field of battle himself ...

~ A Son of the True Might of Gaaldron

The Insightful, Knight of Pendarvin
OOG: Joe Glaser | Marshal
Last edit: 11 Mar 2019 18:47 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
11 Mar 2019 17:47 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic A Vardakkian Note
Heavens,

Someone with worse handwriting than mine own! A good number of these don't even look like letters. A shame, it may hold valuable knowledge.

~S. Kensington

• Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
11 Mar 2019 18:20 - 11 Mar 2019 18:21 #3 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic A Vardakkian Note
((OOG: word for word translation into common ))

What is with these paleskined idiots? Some of their kin are dying and yet they squabble among themselves? Dishonorable to the highest degree.

They speak of their Light God like he is a lantern which eradicates all shadows of the world while they reside a stones throw from the corruption of the Deep Wood. Hypocrisy by those who preach their Better's word.

I ask you, those who serve Gaaldron with faithful conviction, why do we bend the knee to such weakness? Our sons and daughters are slaughtered by the pretender's forces, yet we now prepare for a Feast? Disgraceful.

Let only human blood feed human crops in the months to come. This is not a matter for our glorious empire to concern itself in any longer ...

I wonder how long this Duke would last if he took to the field of battle himself ...

This is what the unfaithful do. They sow confusion, promote treason, promote heresy, heathsnism. Do not trust them, for they do not live in the Light of our God King. They hide in the shadows, like roaches, leaving their filth, spreading discord.

These heathens spit upon Duke Balliol, our Empire, and each and every one of you. But when the time comes and the fire of Valos blaze, they will be the first to burn. Will you burn with them? Or stand with the Light of Valos and the blessed Empire of Kormyre?

Like vermin, heretics and heathens must be destroyed before they spread their diseases to each and every one of us.

Trust not the dark, for it will only lead you to ruin. Trust only in The One True God King Valos, in the Empire of Kormyre, and in the true faithful. Look to those who stand shoulder to shoulder with you in reverance to our God King Valos, for these are your allies. These are the faithful.

Just as the Lion of Valos stands Rampant in the flag of Kormyre, we will stand victorious.

In service of Valos and The Empire of Kormre,
Mother Eliana Sherwynne

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
Last edit: 11 Mar 2019 18:21 by Cara Easton (Raeelle).
  • Ebony Hale
  • Go ahead, underestimate me. You will not be the first and you will not be the last... But you will be wrong.
  • Thank Yous: 60
11 Mar 2019 19:00 - 11 Mar 2019 19:01 #4 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats)
Replied by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats) on topic A Vardakkian Note
(OOG: Written in Vardakkian)

These children and their silly games. Wasting their time running to a from this board when maybe they should be looking for the one killing their kind. Someone else is bound to be next if they keep wasting their time here.

And to the youngster translating this for others, you seem to hate the dark so much, do you ever blink? Maybe you sleep with your eyes open?

I spit upon those who are weak and treat my kind with disrespect because of it. Hordes and hordes of them killed over some metal hat and fancy chair.

Orders are orders I suppose...

~Ebony Hale-MazoKisei
Knight of Cups of Albriar
Dean of Shamanism at Darkwood Academy
Last edit: 11 Mar 2019 19:01 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats).
11 Mar 2019 19:14 #5 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic A Vardakkian Note
Mother Eliana,

While I understand how you feel, instigating people we are supposed to be working with publicly is not something I can condone. They may not worship the God King Valos, however they are our allies and they are here to help.

To the one who wrote the note,

If Mother Eliana's translation is correct, I am saddened to see you think that way. I have sat with your kind and have had civil conversations. One way works for us, and another for you and yours. We need to learn to find a medium between those two to achieve our goals. Remember, the traitors and usurpers kill your kind as well as those of us from the true Empire. You say we squabble, yet you bring dissent and rebellion to our boards and amongst your people. If you truly have concerns, I bid you voice them to Ser Tristram in a civil manner so these things can be discussed and we can find a solution that works for all parties involved.

~Squire Keladry Aybara

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
11 Mar 2019 19:14 - 11 Mar 2019 19:15 #6 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic A Vardakkian Note
And surely, it is righteous, Mother Eliana to be literate in the language of such 'heathens' and 'vermin'. If I was part of your "Blazing Sun" I would wonder if you being literate in the language of Enax's preferred would make you a spy, a heretic or a traitor. I wonder what other ways you are in line with us "heretics".

I wanted to insult your faith, but honestly that much dedication is somewhat endearing. Though it blinds you to the fact that the Duke, obviously must not believe in the strength of your God-King if he so readily also agreed to work with us. For surely if it was solely his will, it would be true by now and there would be no need for us.

Thankfully, Enax's will is strongest when the whole works most efficiently. I am patient and wait for the weak to be culled or to fall in line. It works for our Empire and whether you like it or not, it is what you need if you do not wish for your "Empire" to fall before it's even begun.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 11 Mar 2019 19:15 by Narcis (ChrisR).
11 Mar 2019 19:25 #7 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
Replied by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher) on topic A Vardakkian Note
(( OOG: This note is written in the Vardakk tongue. You must possess this Cultural Literacy to read the following message. ))

I see at least one of theses idiots understand our language, but yet she claims we spread discord. Last I checked a majority of Gaaldron worships Enax the god of authority and order, so tell me how that is dark.

As for spitting upon Duke Balliol, we have split blood and had our blood split for this empire without help from Balliol. For multiple months, we held a city important to him and yet received no reinforcements from your empire. Gaaldron has lost lives for your duke, but what have we received in return so far? NOTHING! So think on what you say, follower of the so-called "god king."

Please, do tell us why we should still send our families to help your pathetic excuse of a war ...

Another True Son of Gaaldron

ig: Erik Silverfang
Captain of the Royal Guard

alt: Yoska Yahtzi
OOG: Alex Schleicher
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
11 Mar 2019 19:58 #8 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic A Vardakkian Note
What she sayz.
The Mother Eliana is rihgt.

Brother Arthur Lettinghast

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
11 Mar 2019 20:00 #9 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic A Vardakkian Note
(written in common but smelling of booze)

True Son's a Gaaldron,

Howzit any different from back home fer an orc. They say fight, we fight don't matter if we got no chance of survivin. That's what orcs do, saying other wise gets you sent to the fightin pits or worse an i got the scars to prove that true.

Such Philosophies aint suited fer our kind, Enax says fight, we fight, Enax says die we die. Same fer gobbos, and ogre's. Most Hobbos are safe from that, too important i suppose but not all.

Far as the Shite talkin Humans go, pay them no mind, most of them are pretty mighty with a pen, but come face ta face with an orc and they crumble asking where there god king is, To ignore them is a mercy, and a smart person only shows mercy when they know there is no risk, there is only no risk due to ones overwhelming strength, over whelming strength is proof of enax's will or so I'm told.

Grell Short-Tooth

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
11 Mar 2019 20:19 - 11 Mar 2019 20:19 #10 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Grell,

Not all of us tremble in fear at the thought of a good fight. Perhaps someday you might let me try my luck against you to prove my worth. I always welcome new opportunities to hone my skills.

~Squire Keladry Aybara

Last edit: 11 Mar 2019 20:19 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme).
  • Ebony Hale
  • Go ahead, underestimate me. You will not be the first and you will not be the last... But you will be wrong.
11 Mar 2019 20:23 #11 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats)
(In common)

I got me some scars too from the very same pits. Orders are orders an I follow em, but teasing the weaker ones has always been a relaxing thing fer me. Words on paper mean nothing, and seeing em get so worked up over some ink is refreshing.

Those you see on the battlefield are worthy. The words you share there, in between swords aiming for yer chest, and hands fer yer neck, are what should be heard.

~Ebony Hale-MazoKisei
11 Mar 2019 20:32 #12 by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
Replied by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw) on topic A Vardakkian Note
If the message is translated correctly, I can't actually say I entirely disagree. I have nothing but respect for the warriors of Gaaldron, they're skilled, honorable and brave, and while I appreciate having them on our side instead of opposed to us, it's our war, it's our country, we should be the ones fighting for it.

Campion O'Dell
Lieutenant of the Kormyrian Army
Cleric of Eodra
Sworn in Service to House Liones

Jackdaw
Captain of the Winged Victory
Baronial Ambassador to Coast Haven
Champion of Homunculus City

OOG: Justin M. Whitmore,
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
11 Mar 2019 20:36 #13 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic A Vardakkian Note
You know,
I've always thought that the light of Valos to be a metaphorical one. More like shedding light on a unknown situation than literal, burning, fire. Always respected leading by inspiration, rather the typical negative reinforcement you see in so many.
The problem is that too many weaklings are getting titles and leading others under them. Ya gotta inspire with strength, and victory. Leave your weak at home, take your strongest, and claim what you know by Enax's law to be yours.
If you want to win, you need Gaaldron.

[hr]
-Tim P
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
11 Mar 2019 20:41 - 11 Mar 2019 20:44 #14 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic A Vardakkian Note
This is enough.

Your bickering is unbecoming, all of you.
You, who serve General Hogtooth, should feel ashamed. This is completely out of line behavior for such militant trained soldiers. Do not start a fight for your General to happen upon when he arrives. This matter is with Duke Balliol and not commoners and clergy. What kind of insubordination is this that you would find it acceptable?
You are representatives of his and as of right now, you are giving him a poor image. He is coming to discuss the concerns of Duke Balliol's battle plans himself, unless you lot now claim to speak for or above him? But I might believe that to be stepping out of station and a very punishable offense.

The rest of you, you are representatives of the Duke's Empire in this moment. Act like it. Be the example that shows you are not like the criminals under Count Everest. The Church is held to the same laws as the rest of the kingdom. Enact your retribution against the enemy, not the citizenry. I will remind you, murder, in any regard, is punishable by the Empire by summary execution. If they be of vile faith, their crimes will see them kneeling before the executioner.

There will not be disorder before the Duke's arrival. We will not be the same chaotic disorganized population that answer to Count Everest.

In Loyalty to the Empire, I remain,
Ser Tristram de Liones
Legion Commander, Stormblades

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 11 Mar 2019 20:44 by Aleister (Aleister).
11 Mar 2019 20:49 #15 by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
Aye Sir, apologies, Sir.

Campion O'Dell
Cleric of Eodra

Jackdaw

Marshal
11 Mar 2019 20:51 #16 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
My apologies Ser Tristram. As well as to any I may have accidentally offended with my words.

~Squire Keladry Aybara

• Ebony Hale
11 Mar 2019 21:01 #17 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats)
Orders are orders.

~Ebony Hale-MazoKisei
11 Mar 2019 21:01 #18 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic A Vardakkian Note
Sherwynne,
You know, you keep on blathering the way you've been, and some of us "heathens" are going to get sore about it. We vermin, we roaches, we march like the hoard you want us to be in the name of the Duke, and we kill and win for him. We proudly take down the maggots, the weaklings in our way, and we swarm to victory. Just because you find the darker places from which some of your fodder crawl distasteful, don't forget those fighting on your side.

Hail Enax, praise His mighty name, for it is us acting as His armored fist who will bring down the enemy. His proud and righteous armies will route the frightened, the cowardly, the ones who fail their betters.

And, Sherwynne, if you like fire so much, I'm more than willing to let you light the way to our glory with as much flame as you're into. Knock yourself out. Please.

[img

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
11 Mar 2019 21:25 #19 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic A Vardakkian Note
Mother Zaffik,

Your words are salve for our tired souls and bodies.

Ser Tristram,

I never made any claim to speak for any of my superiors. My words in anger and frustration are because we are beset by the representatives of the Duke's Empire. People I am protecting by virtue of aiding in patrols. I was not ordered to do these, but do them of my own volition.

Though, in truth, I am new to wartime etiquette, being this is the first time being away from Gaaldron for longer than a moon. I will cease any activities I was not ordered explicitly to do. Including my aid in patrols. Please apologize to your squire for me, I was getting quite fond of her.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
11 Mar 2019 21:50 #20 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic A Vardakkian Note

Am I permitted to keep myself occupied as I choose?

At least, until proper orders state otherwise.

I enjoy the distraction.

[IMG

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
11 Mar 2019 22:04 #21 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic A Vardakkian Note
I can’t wait for the Gaaldronians to realize what a set of dimwitted, ignorant morons they tied their fate to. It sure will be fun to watch when Everest’s forces sweep down on you too, because you didn’t stay out of something that was none of your business.
Sadly, there seem to be some smart ones amongst you. I particularly like you, Enku—you talk a lot of sense. Maybe you can knock some sense into the rest of your people and leave before it’s too late.

To the “Ser” Tristam,
I sure hope you hold the fire-happy Blazing Suns accountable to those same laws when they take offense to those who are different from them. Last I checked, nothing about what God you follow in these Imperial laws. But we all know that isn’t going to stop these fanatics.
Double standards sure are a fine thing to build an empire on.

(unsigned except for the following)

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
11 Mar 2019 22:32 #22 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic A Vardakkian Note
Valos save us all.

~S. Kensington

• Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
12 Mar 2019 01:07 - 12 Mar 2019 01:10 #23 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic A Vardakkian Note
(This letter reaks as though someone has spilled whiskey all over it)

Nightengale,

I, am not a quick man to anger but I toe the line. So let me repeat my self, and do not make me repeat it again.

Orcs, gobos and ogres are soldiers, expendable ones at that. We do not get a choice in who we fight, or why we fight we get told to go die, we do. Maybe you have lived in some fantasy world where every one has a voice, and people have a choice in how they live maybe you dont I cant say, but that is not the reality of the world my people live in.

Do not claim us as fools for a life that you do not comprehend.

I will not speak to anyone above my station on this, but I will be open with those of equal rank.

I beg of you do not make matters worse for us

Grell Short-Tooth

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
Last edit: 12 Mar 2019 01:10 by Magnus (hippy g0th).
13 Mar 2019 13:57 #24 by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
Nightingale,

Ser Tristram De Liones will hold all citizens of the Empire accountable to the laws, as will those in his service. We each have the conviction to stand by our words, even if it costs us. Sadly your barbs are blunted knowing you lack the courage to stand by them openly and face any praise or consequences your heckling might bring.

Campion O'Dell
Cleric of Eodra

Jackdaw

Marshal
Time to create page: 0.702 seconds