Home and Self Defense

• Kestrel
  • Thank Yous: 129
13 Mar 2019 20:54 - 13 Mar 2019 21:54 #1 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
Home and Self Defense was created by Kestrel (Kestrel)
If the Count's forces have indeed penetrated this far north and are responsible for these gruesome murders, then the ability to defend yourselves is now an even more pressing need. As such, I would like to renew the offer I made on Squire Keladry's post about patrols.

I have honed my skills in personal defense and the defense of others in service to Kormyre. I know we probaly have many townsmembers who previously have had little to no need of experience with weapons and fighting. I would be happy to teach any who would like to learn the basics of defending yourself and your homes from harm. I realize many of you have likely tucked knives into your belts and baskets alredy, and I would have you learn to use them safely. I can loan you wooden or blunted training weapons during lessons if you have need of them, and am happy to work with people of any level and help you pratice your skills.

I have seen that my fellow soldiers holding the lines and our town Guard under Ser Tristram are dedicated, skilled, and capable of handling and pushing bac the encroaching forces of the Count. However, lone shadowy enemies are always more difficult to detect and route. I hope my record of loyal service will vouch that I mean no slight or disrespect to their efforts with this offer - and do not mean to step on any toes. If pemissions or proof of my qualifications are required, direct me, as I know not if the Magister or the Captain of the Guard shuld be approached first.

Our people are this Empire's greatest asset and most valuable treasure. My sole interest is protecting their lives. The Guard is busy patrolling, investigating, and tracking down the killer that is plaguing us - rightly so, that is their duty. I simply offer my time and efforts to this end as a compliment to theirs. I feel it wuld be a tragic oversight not to give our people the best chance to defend theselves and survive an attack from a vile murderer that has slipped through our lines.

Lieutenant Cynon Terrwyn
Kormyrian Imperial Army
House Liones

Ser Kestrel Laurent-Belmont
Dame Warlord of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Winged Victory
Master Hunter & Council Member for House Laurent-Belmont
Fyperia's Wisdom - Knight Champion of High Queen Fyperia Maitel

Alt: Cynon Terrwyn of Grimwyr
House Liones
Lieutenant Commander of the Kormyrian Army

OOG: Crystal R.
New Player Representative
Last edit: 13 Mar 2019 21:54 by Kestrel (Kestrel). Reason: Shared wrong draft
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
14 Mar 2019 12:29 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Home and Self Defense
Good tidings, Lieutenant!

What a boon it would be to learn from you rather than ruffians after nothing but what gold they believe to be in my purse. Yes, should your schedule allow, I will be among your pupils.

~S. Kensington

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kestrel (Kestrel)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
26 Mar 2019 09:52 #3 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Home and Self Defense
The faithful would do well to be better trained to fight.

After all, we are in a state of war. I recommend this to my fellow brothers and sisters in faith. Go to this teacher and learn what you can.

High Templar Hyram

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
26 Mar 2019 12:23 #4 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic Home and Self Defense
On your recommendation, Brother Hyram, I will do as you say.

Of course, I've always been quite clumsy with weapons, but you are correct. This is war time, and for the Glory of God, I will do my best to keep my Hand steady.

-Adalynn Wells

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
  • Kestrel
  • Thank Yous: 129
27 Mar 2019 19:37 #5 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
Replied by Kestrel (Kestrel) on topic Home and Self Defense
Thank you for the support, High Templar. I am happy to have an ally in preserving as many innocent lives as possible. Especially in light of an impending attack. I look forward to training your brothers and sisters. They can meet me after morning drills in the town square.

Addy, your safety is important and I am happy to help.

Lieutenant Cynon Terrwyn
Kormyrian Imperial Army
House Liones

Ser Kestrel Laurent-Belmont
Dame Warlord of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Winged Victory
Master Hunter & Council Member for House Laurent-Belmont
Fyperia's Wisdom - Knight Champion of High Queen Fyperia Maitel

Alt: Cynon Terrwyn of Grimwyr
House Liones
Lieutenant Commander of the Kormyrian Army

OOG: Crystal R.