June 2011 Week in Life

• Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
05 Jun 2011 14:37 - 05 Jun 2011 17:34 #1 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
June 2011 Week in Life was created by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Since I only got to show up for 9 hours or so on Saturday, I thought I start this out real quick.

Highlights...
1. The nice weather. No sweltering heat. A constant cool breeze. It was perfect.
2. Getting to see all my friends... it's been too long.
3. The Alisandria Steak house & State house... the former is always great to have & the latter is coming along nicely.
4. Getting new Vassals! Now we have 2 Lady's-in-Waiting. Yay!
5. Patrolling the lands & playing tour guide. Shows it's been a long time since I played that I forgot character names & had to be reminded who's who. Also it's nice to see how James has made many changes to the camp.
6. Fighting Imps.  Why are we chasing them? Let them run & tire themselves out then grind them.  That, or Nail & then hit'em with a Slay.  I chose the latter.
7. Feast was nice & I usually never eat Feast.
8. Getting Squire'd.  HOLY $%&*!!!!111  Big surprise.
9. Patrolling the lands again.

Lowlights...
1. Bugs... I hate'em.

Edit: forgot 1 more thing... huge thanks to Terry for driving me home.  Made my return trip home so easy.

That's it.  It was a great 9 hours for me.  I'm glad to have made it.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2011 17:34 by .
  • Ravn
  • Thank Yous: 0
05 Jun 2011 15:20 #2 by Ravn (Ravn)
Replied by Ravn (Ravn) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
Had a great time Weds eve thru Fri am. Very long trip.... but so worth it.

-I really appreciated those of you who tried to keep me busy. And were worried i was getting bored because the NPCs were pretty low Key. Having "been there done that" to the 4 am attacks by endless mobs in the 35 degree pouring rain, I was really enjoying the low key atmosphere. It allowed me to do what I do best... mingle, observe and.... be a Purple Bard!!

-I really enjoyed the Field and Tent sights. I can't wait to see the Buildings develop.

-Feast Hall and both Taverns were awesome.

-Reigning over Kingdom Table at stupid-thirty on Thursday was a blast. TY Porshe!!!

-Free form Jamming with Derelith was a lot of fun. Hope to make feast next event to do some more.

-Gypsy wagons!!!!

-Hopefully I can get the Gypsies Dancing when I show next event as well.

In MY humble (heh..yeah right...) opinion. Knight Realms has EVERYTHING it takes to be THEE best LARP in the US. The Land, the Building(s), a Marshal Staff that looks at the small details ...and most of all... People who want to Role Play. Because when you strip everything away...if you don't have Role Play... it's not a LARP.

And remember... things are NOT black and white... they're Shades of Purple

Rav'n~ Traveling Bard and purveyer of musical mayhem

OOG
Dave Sullivan~ Sometime visitor to other games
05 Jun 2011 17:38 #3 by Father Jerec Lightbringer (Jerec)
Replied by Father Jerec Lightbringer (Jerec) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
Part One (Wed-Fri)
Highlights: COW MOD 1&2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joining the Light Clergy officially
The look on EVERYONE'S face to see a Galladell symbol on my crown and me not running around on fire
(NPC)The 3 stooges invade the Bloody Stump
meeting many new people
not having to run around answering calls for help every 3 seconds
Father Zahir's return
Lowlights: NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Part Two:
Highlights:
Main Mod was deviously clever... damn you dopplegangers
Politics, Politics everywhere
JimBob's way to "un-bore" the PCs
The Glommite deluge, resulting in many heretics being burned

Priest of Galladell

Every time a PC takes himself out through his own stupidity does not let me sing the Oompa-Loompa song.
The barbarian must remember that 'human shield' is a figure of speech
Before facing the dragon, not allowed to glaze the elf.

Adam B.
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
05 Jun 2011 18:32 - 06 Jun 2011 22:38 #4 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
I think if I attempted to fully explain every little thing I did over the week, I could very easily quintuple my usual length of post... I'm going to try to keep this short. I'd love to go into more detail on any of them, if anyone is curious.

The Bloody Stump, the Carnivale, and the Feast were all well prepared and fantastic, and all involved deserve hearty cheers.

Reading lesson. Didn't stick, but was a lot of fun, as were all my lessons.

Liars' Dice. My Hat. Amnesia. Yosefarian. Cute Fire Mage. Kaladonian Mage's Guild. Death Knight Mod. Rosh and Regel. Charlie Norris and Jack Chen.

Playing pirates and the escaping traveler with Jim Bob (two mini-mods). Excellent story-telling that gave me wonderful opportunities to improvise.

Walking in the proper alone and feeling reasonably safe, during the week. Finding lots of hidden and lost treasure, and returning a good deal of it to its proper place.

Fighting with silver weapons. For reals, this time.

Stabbing a ninja for the Romani. Talking with the Brood Master. Facing down a fire elemental alone to save Aquene. Buddying up with Leandra and saving both of our lives. Taming a pair of gnolls. Keeping the Corsair's date from disruption.

Introducing Clait McArren, despite only one person (so far) understanding the introduction. Getting to have some real, up-in-there melee action against elementals and cultists who could, if they connected, drop me in one or two hits. Realizing I'm one of the few, if not the only bard who can and does wield a two-handed sword. Strength training and learning Bardic lore from a non-bard, after finding a lack of Tobar. Just means I've got more people to meet. And, of course, seeing my old friend Seamus, not over a drink as one might expect, but by meeting back to back in the in hemmed in by the aforementioned elementals.

Pretty much everyone I just randomly hung out with during the week: Barbarians, clergy, Celts, Gypsies, Stump patrons, newbies, veterans... yeah.

I'm paying for it in aches and pains... but the week was unbelieveable, even if I don't remember a lot of it. Must have had too much to drink down at the Stump before I left.

The only lowlights were kinda silly... I can no longer say I've never been bitten by a tick. Even then, thanks to those who helped me with it. I was a little freaked out at the time. And... I probably have forgotten half the things I did. Remind me if you want, and I hope you all had as much fun as I did.

P.S.: Funny story... On the way home, I hadn't had a chance to change... so I actually walked around inside a rest stop in full garb for Clait. Hilarity ensues.

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
Last edit: 06 Jun 2011 22:38 by .
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
05 Jun 2011 20:00 #5 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
I wasn't supposed to make this weekend... at all.  I got to stop by Thurs. night on the way down to Philly, and then a phone call Friday morning at my mom's house changed plans drastically - meaning I could make it out for the regular portion of the event!

It was great to see everyone, especially after not making the May event, and missing the first portion of this one.  Nothing can top that - KR's community is THE reason I keep coming back.  The RP and such are good, too... but the people are what make it.

Other Highlights:

* "Father Weaveforger..." "Huh?  Oh, right, I'm a priest now."

* More lessons with Marcus.  Brendan, you're an awesome teacher, especially when you're the student. ;)

* Good RP with Marius as well!

* Doppelganger ID games.  When I went out as DoppleGideon, Steve & Liam asked if I had my old Circlet on me, which I did, and I switched into.  Only ONE person caught on that I swapped it... and that was a new player that had only met me in the past 24 hours.

* HUMMUS!

* Baklava and Ginger bread!

* Shield Bash lessons on Sunday morning.

* Brazenite Mass.  Chris, we forgot to hand out the benefits for that mass...  And I hope to be doing more in the future!

Can't wait until July!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
05 Jun 2011 20:27 #6 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
The first half of this event was so relaxed.  I seriously think that we should send out more RP encounters like the first half of the weekend. And now, in no particular order...

-James as the Count and his "Wall of Ice Dance"
-Finally becoming a priest
-Arguing with Dopplegangers
-My last warrior lesson in a LONG time.  Teaching Crit, Parry, and Florentine all in the same lesson.
-Clergy lectures
-Clergy parties
-The Bloody Stump.  The food was nothing short of amazing.
-Walking to the Stump with drinks for a party only to be corralled by Elizar and Apollo who promptly bought ALL of my Blackbird Ale.
-Stealing my old glow sword briefly during main mod to try to give a beacon for people to move to, only to be violently assaulted by two were-creatures.  Then promptly getting rid of it.
-Fighting Erdrick and Antrim.  Plus, holy crap Solomon again.
-Brogan's zealousness and his Glommite funeral pyre.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
05 Jun 2011 21:11 #7 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
OH my gods what an insane time!

"Week in the Life" highlights:

This was the firs time I was ever a full time NPC and I LOVED NPCing the full role play things with minimal combat. Some fun moments in NPCing:
*Mai Hat and how his hat has no corners
*Romeo and Juliet mod... "We need a new last name." "Why don't you combined your current ones?" "Shake-Spear. That's dumb"
*About an hour after Romeo and Juliet, going out as the angry wife and threatening to kill my dead beat husband and yelling.
*Selling Mai Hat and my "Brother" because they would make lovely husbands... or pets...
*being part of the Barbarians who "Kill Mountain Rats, Concord the maze,  Find Feathers, three shirts among four! HO!"
*Cinders Sword Paladin Mod - Favorite NPC role
*Threatening to beat someone with a wooden spoon in the kitchen. I'm surprised no one asked if I could teach lore or trade baking while I was baking in the kitchen. I wish I could have taught it to someone.
*NPCing a Templar and walking up to my student right as he (and others) killed an NPC goon...
*Bloody Stump burger I had shortly after (still as a Templar) was AMAZING, could have used a tad more salt/pepper but it was awesome how it was!
*The other full time NPCs were awesome! You guys were so much fun to hang out with and role play off of.

Lowlight:

Waking up in the middle of the night to 5 men snoring in harmony- horrifying!

June Regular Event High Lights

*Leaving the monetary with far too much baked goods and went to the inn to make other people carry it down to the Bloody Stump
*getting down there and sorting the food out only to be told to stay for a Gypsy Meeting. and to wait for other Gypsys. Then getting dragged into "Church Business" over a bottle of wine and having to cut that short for Gypsy Business. There were moments I debated which business was better.
*Four Gypsys standing by the couches in the Dragons Claw as a "elf" with the coat that we were told to watch out for walks in and makes a comment on there being a lot of gypsys with an evil smile.
*NPCing wolves was fun
*Clergy stuff.
*Finally connecting who Cinder is without his make up on...

Lowlights-

Having a bruise on my arm from where I got hit by someone with a hard latex weapon to bare skin. Please remember to pull your blows on NPCs that are not wearing ANY armor and if there is a chance you might hit skin.

See snoring low light... Add more people.

I'm sure there was so much more highlights as the event was 6 days, but it was fantastic  

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • Secarius
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Cinis et Cinis Pulvis Et Pulvis
  • Thank Yous: 1
05 Jun 2011 21:27 #8 by Secarius (Secarius)
Replied by Secarius (Secarius) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
the ONLY highlight for me that I feel worth mentioning.

returning home and getting to see all my friends and family again after so long being away catching up with them and meeting new ones.

you all, the players, staff, officers, marshals, James, everyone... are the reason I returned from so far away and so long away.

ALex S.
player of Brax the Barbarian
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
05 Jun 2011 21:55 #9 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
First and foremost WE DONT NEED NO F#&@%&*G HAMMER!!

extended portion
-Bloody Stump shenanigans
-skull mod, getting left behind and going on a small adventure with Lethias to try and save Moyra and Douglas, and getting to see Lethias roundhouse kick an undead into the rift
-Giving Jack pep talks/advice throughout the event
-swimming
-being able to rp without something attacking or constantly being pulled away for something
-private dinner at the stump and our many toasts

normal event
-MORE STUMP SHENANIGANS
-playing the dopplemar
-awesome rp with labelle and dame heartwood
-finally getting to show that emar doesnt need prayers or psalms to question someone
-getting into trouble with oakroot
-becoming "Father Dark-Root, The Banisher" sorry to the npcs that got annoyed with it
-listening to Marcus and Ardentfyre talk about mage stuff to torivisu

OOG-Mark B
05 Jun 2011 23:46 - 06 Jun 2011 00:21 #10 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
-Cow Mod Part 1&2
-Lounging at the hookah tent and taking a cat nap while watching a bunch of people play liar's dice. Ilana, relaxing? What? Though, this is partially because no one knew where she was. Maybe when I'm tired, I should just go there to write and relax.

-PIE DAY :D  I love hobbits by the way. Can Ilana and them hang out more? <3

-Some people dying and a certain one setting off this really interesting chain of events.
---
-First, getting REALLY angry. Then, it got better. Information was acquired and now Ilana wants to kill a very, very bad man. All the 180's I was doing this week on decisions were pretty crazy. I love getting last pieces of information needed to complete a 'wtf?'  The best one was: "But, she's 14."

-Learning a bit more about Markovia and a certain vampire (no idea how to spell his name, but if you saw Corsair with a demon and a vampire, you met him). Sad story is sad :/

-Getting to hang out in Pendarvin after dealing with a rather bothersome imp summoner.

-Did the Bacchanal happen/go well? I had to go NPC by the time I could make it :/  I hope the chicken fingers were alright, an empty case was returned to me at any rate. None of the cakes I made were eaten because the people they were made for were prevented from eating them. My mom really likes the Gustov cake at least. She loves the rose Tori was able to create.

-Meeting the Warden and the Adept and getting a bit more information. It was a great moment for Ilana.

-Dopplegangers. The questions idea was a lot of fun and it was amusing seeing that real people couldn't remember the answers to some simpler questions (including myself). Learning the story of them and trying to figure them out. Advanced Physician Tools= Best Trinket Ever.

-The Brazen Mass and the cooperation of all the churches/the druids, etc. to reforge Unity. Even though she was entrusted with guarding the shards, Ilana never really expected to actually be allowed to wield Unity. Now that she knows its growing, she plans on teaching it as much as she can. Its kind of like taking care of a kid and she kinda loves the idea a lot.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 06 Jun 2011 00:21 by .
05 Jun 2011 23:51 #11 by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU)
Replied by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
- All the fun NPC roles before the weekend.

- The people who poked my body after they found it in the woods after I was summarily executed.

-Crispin VanDyke

Christopher K. (AKA "Ginger Guy")
  • Portia
  • Thank Yous: 2
06 Jun 2011 08:21 - 06 Jun 2011 21:33 #12 by Portia (estark01)
Replied by Portia (estark01) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
Fun to be back, even if just for a bit.

I liked
- apprenticing Portia to Aerin. I laughed, I cried, I insulted Malyc.
- hearing Rudolf tell the saddest story evar
- the hookah tent, with its myriad benefits, including back-loosening and Dean's.
- presiding over Kingdom Table and therefore, the entirety of Travance.
- boating
- having people music me on npc shift (and reciting poetry)
- finding another kombucha nut
- confessing to Valos through flagellation (NPCs: you were great!)
- rp with so many folks I hadn't seen in a long time.

Portia "Nosy McGee" Rom, Chroniclerite
Last edit: 06 Jun 2011 21:33 by .
  • Rudolf
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 140
06 Jun 2011 09:52 - 06 Jun 2011 14:13 #13 by Rudolf (Rudolf)
Replied by Rudolf (Rudolf) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
Highlights:

* FINALLY being able to evaluate gems
* Cow Mod.
* Getting to help out at the Bloody Stump and seeing the highs and lows of tavern ownership firsthand.
* The private party at the Bloody Stump tavern after we closed.  Such decadence has not been seen on this side of the Rift since before the Great Sundering!
* Getting to attend my first really big Baronial Council meeting.  Wow, the waters are lot muddier than Rudolf originally thought.
* Showers.
* The snarkiest conversation with Father Haroldson that Rudolf has ever experienced.
* Entering all the attending merchant names into the new Guild registry.
* Getting to see so many familiar faces and some new ones.
* Working out the details for a possible future School of Alchemy in Travance.
* "Rudolf, can you teach me..." "Rudolf, do you have some time to teach me this recipe..." "Rudolf, when you have a free moment, I'd love to learn about..."  Where did all these alchemists come from?
* Winterdark breakfast on Sunday.
* The amazing weather.  I need to offer up prayers to Gaia for keeping the weather nice for the event.

Lord Rudolf Von Kreutzdorf of Ostcliff
Golden Rose Trading Company
OOG - Larry Wile (Marshal)
Last edit: 06 Jun 2011 14:13 by .
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
06 Jun 2011 10:44 #14 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
I might come back later and post a large series of highlights from this amazing weekend but for now i'll post a quick reminder and ask that everyone please take the time to fill out the event recap form. We go over the submissions every staff meeting and it would benefit everyone to hear your constructive criticisms. Thank you.

www.knightrealms.com/event-recap-form.html

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
  • Ben Theis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Calm in mind, gentle in heart, illuminate the spirit
  • Thank Yous: 29
06 Jun 2011 11:10 #15 by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
Replied by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
I have to say that the "Week in the Life", was truly a worthwhile experience.  Michelle and I had such a great time.  I would like to thank all of the players and staff that came out for it for making it all a truly enjoyable experience. 

Tirsen Crestingstar

Ben.T.
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
06 Jun 2011 11:10 #16 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
Friday was great. Especially when people with Lore: Chaos met 'Rel. My favorite was JimBob, because I wasn't there for the extended portion.

"Oy. Are you Dorian?"
"Yes I am."
"Good, because your friend as been yammering in my head for the last three days!"
"..Yeah, he can get a bit chaty sometimes."

Finding the Esper's Chamber again, and the chicanery that followed. Being mopey after 'Rel disappeared and people just sort of 'dropped it'.

Saturday!
-Odo vs Rudolf. Odo wins by gentlemenly appology and shaking hands.
-Cain RP. I enjoyed this, and I hope I didn't come off as some babbling kook.
-Squire Interviews were interesting. Seeing the honest worry and stress on those that were waiting was interesting and delightful to see.

Monster Marshal Shift
Goblin Squad- "So we now own a Bananna Farm"
Me- "That's awesome. What else?"
GS- "We drank"
Me- "Cool. Did you have fun?"
GS- "TOTALLY!"

My favorite response to sending out mods that go from fighting to roleplaying.

Sunday
-Being a pompous illusionist and a total ham to Ilana about it. Thanks Mars!
-"If only we had a marshal." I had a handful of people say that right near me. I wave, and they look flabbergasted by not remembering I'm one.

I had a blast! Missing May was a good way to recharge my batteries for this event!

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
06 Jun 2011 11:42 #17 by Matthias Thane (Kspigel)
Replied by Matthias Thane (Kspigel) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
i've been trying to remember everything but it's all such a blur.

so here goes.

becoming an investor in the bloody stump, and really getting to sink my teeth into the politics.

conceiving, organizing and getting approval for the Arcanian Alchemical Academy (as well as setting up future business dealings) if all goes well, i plan on blossoming it into a full blown University of Travance.

learning gift of the predator Saturday night was incredibly... they took me out into the darkest part of the camp, middle of the forest at three AM and then had a drow hunt me. that was just amazingly incredible.

NPCing the insane farmers, which is pretty much all the NPC work i did. Yosifarian (making all the nobles so incredibly frustrated, and confused with us) the shell shocked farmer who killed his best friend/were-boar (you have to understand, i didn't know!) and the incredibly forgetful farmer with a phobia of dwarven beards.

getting ambushed by seven strangler vines and poisonous spores was horribly fun, i saw the NPCs standing there and i had to just keep walking into it... it was awful! i got poisoned and couldn't heal so i ended up just drinking potions of iron skin repeatedly instead of healing. they'd hit me again, and I'd retreat and drink another.

my lessons with Orin (i hope i'm getting his name remotely right) learning traps, and how to wield a sword, and ranger bits.

my lesson knife with silence (which consisted of him explaining to me how i always hat to take advantage of every situation, followed by my hitting him with a grasp with roots, walking into the stump and offering to pay anyone five gold to beat the fellow into unconsciousness. i think we both learned something)

my various lessons with the various druids, none of whom know what quite to make of me... a druid who approaches it like science? preposterous!

the Barron calling me brilliant.

the midnight escort missions i went on literally every night (messages and people need to make it across camp a lot)

and the conversations i had with the chroniclers... going scholar is really tempting now, but we'll see what happens.

and suddenly remembering  halfway home that i did indeed own a real bed.

OOG: Kalman Spigel
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
06 Jun 2011 12:30 #18 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
This was a remarkable experience and I am glad to have had the opportunity to take part in a very unique and different type of event.  Thank you to all the players who came out to the Week in the Life event, as well as my fellow Marshals for donating their time in Logistics and around the Event, and especially to James and Liam for writing up such fun main weekend plot.

Now, on to the Highlights.
- Learning.  The lessons I was given were top notch and every single one aids to the advancement of my character development, the role-play involved in being given these lessons often leads to something about my character that was different and unknown even to me.  This is the best type of development.

- The Roleplay with many of the Healers in town.  This was fantastic all week and weekend long.  The conversations I had with Angelica as well as helping to attune many healers to the focus.  The tricksters problems involving Corsair moving the Focus from one place to another and finally to a third place.  It was really a motivational scene having all the healers help to both re-connect me to the Focus as well as attune themselves was fantastic.

- Finding out something new about myself IG.  This may seem cryptic and that is intended but having a unique circumstance bring about a unqiue ability in my character which lead to one of the best things that has ever happened to me in a LARP to date.

- Teaching.  I hope that everybody who has ever taken a lesson from me on a subject has enjoyed the roleplay as much as I have enjoyed giving the lesson.  From the verbal to the hands-on approaches I take when giving lessons, each student I have ever had has given wonderful attention as well as remarking roleplay.  It is these moments that truly make me feel like a part of something real.  Thank you to all those who come to me to seek learning.

- Vassaling to Pendarvin.  It was a long thought on choice and a hard one to turn down offers to other lands but in the end the decision to become a Vassal to Pendarvin was a wonderful experience.  Especially my talks with Elizar and Antrim.  All in all, I am excited to see what comes from them.

- Main Mod.  The terrain challenge was a breathe of fresh air to the meat-grinding.  It painted a very real image of the dangers of the world and made for a wonderful RP experience.  The actual battle at the top of the Mountain was full of confusion and chaos.  From being unsure why Billiam was beating my head in to hearing that the Antrim we were staring at wasn't our own lead to some very interesting RP.

- The long-term interactions with many of my friends both IG and OOG were fantastic.  From the emotional and at-time confusing conversations with Ilana to the talks of growth and the future with Colin.  The long walks and conversations with Angelica, even down to the small conversations with Germaine throughout the weekend.  They all helped to further shape and create a very real environment.

- The Patented Baron William Montgomery Two-Handed Shield Bash Technique.  Sorel "Catching Air" and teaching an understanding about how anything can be your shield if you are Masterful enough.  It was a fantastic way to end the Week-Long Event.

To close, it is these kinds of events and the very real emotions of the players that make Knight Realms great.  A community that lends itself to greater roleplay will in-turn be great.  Thank you one and all for the wonderful roleplay experience that Knight Realms is.  I look forward to entertaining you all in July as your Weekend Storyteller.  ;)

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
06 Jun 2011 13:40 #19 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
Holy cow the weather was gorgeous. That just needs to be said again.

Highlights:

Getting to RP some serious paranoia due to the Kinslayer being around, up to and including babysitting some VERY tipsy gypsies.

The fire performance at the Bacchanalia. Damn impressive.

Being admitted into the mages guild. Seriously? You're letting me in? Are you SURE?

Being scolded for being too jingly. Mwahaha.

Actually being useful in dealing with some monsters for once.

Backrub from Sergei. Aw yeah.

Lowlights:

Limping around on Sunday due to pulled calf muscle. I gotta work out more >_<

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
  • Simon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 125
06 Jun 2011 13:50 #20 by Simon (BigZ)
Replied by Simon (BigZ) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
This was an amazing weekend, and I learned a lot about my character that I wasn't quite sure about before this weekend.

The Thursday night private party at The Bloody Stump. It was most decadent. Thanks Dan, Chris, Gabe, Gus, and everybody else who pitched in to make the Stump as fantastic as it was.

Helping set up Corsair's picnic and being a little nervous while it happening. I find it humorous that the closest I could have possibly come to taking a life tag this weekend was during or because of a picnic.

Learning was biggest thing for me this weekend. I learned so much about things I probably shouldn't know about, but that's the fun of it.

The dilemma regarding the alchemist academy idea that Ali had. I'm really interested to see where that idea is going and how it pans out. I have a lot of things that I want to talk to Ali and Rudolf about this school, but the actual weekend was just so hectic I didn't have as much time as I wanted to.

There were so many small moments that made this event amazing, that I really can't think of all of them.

Only lowlight was the mosquitoes.

OOG: Nick H.
-Officer
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
06 Jun 2011 14:12 #21 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
AMAZING weekend... I'll try to keep this brief.  First off, thanks to James and everyone else who ran this plot, and thanks to everyone who helped with Feast.
  • Learning the Divine Tradition from Father Osred.  Mike, no matter how many times I said it, I can never say it enough, thank you for that.  It really gave me some ideas to weigh.
  • NPCing as the farmer.  It was fun to just walk around and interact with people.  And then, being the bloody farmer made him even better.
  • Chroniclerite Plot.  Thanks again Mike, for letting me do that research.
  • Talking to Lethias as much as I did about being a Chroniclerite and the stories we were able to tell each other.
  • Roleplaying with Loremaster Gray Feather, both before and after feast.  Bob, when you tell a story or set a scene, it is just all around fantastic. Thank you.
  • Talking with Elawyn,Oakroot, and Rose about druid stuff.  Kristen, one thing you said this weekend really made me feel like I have been doing the RP I had wanted to portray with him, so thank you!
  • The Death Assassins.  Chris and Steve, you guys were AMAZING! I think I speak for everyone in the Mage's Guild that night when I say we were scared to death.

Only two downsides from the entire event: (1) not getting to go to the extended portion because that would have just been even more fun, and (2) not being able to interact with everyone as much as I would have liked to.

See you guys at the festival, as I have prior plans for Fourth of July weekend.

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
06 Jun 2011 14:29 #22 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
This event was surely a success in concept in my eyes, but the rest of my body is soar.

Highlights:
Teaching cows to ninja vanish, and watching/laughing as they disappeared in front of an entire group.
Making people fear a cup
RP with disembodied chaos voices, and spreading the duck afterwards
The [strike]battle[/strike] slaughter before feast

Lowlights:
Getting next to no sleep whatsoever, despite trying my best to
The crushing defeat of failing a simultaneous Extension and Permanency ritual.

[hr]
-Tim P
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
06 Jun 2011 15:47 #23 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
Cow Wrangling.
Crazy talking skulls.
Kimo and Gustav.
Actually relaxing.
Needs more laid back events.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
06 Jun 2011 16:18 - 06 Jun 2011 17:30 #24 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
Replied by Ming Na (Ming Na) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
Well I just got home.....week in a life was....the best week in years!!

Highlights!!

First & by far foremost thank you Mike,Gabe,Gus.Chris S,Mark,Paul & everybody else who pitched in to make the Stump a Bloody Success!!

Thank you Cooks wait staff...and everyone!
* The Bloody Stump and seeing the highs and lows of tavern ownership! (Yep Larry lol)
* The private party at the Bloody Stump tavern after we closed.
*Corsair walking into the stump drops the Counts Crown on my head as he walked in and said
" So...your Ming Na I herd this is the place to be?" He sits down with a Demon & Elder Vampire....Unholy *&^$# we where shaking!! lol
* Corsair's picnic
* The Secret menu Sunday
*Hanging out with Bob & the rest of the staff as there NPC's / PC's
* Hanging out in the back room talking Are you worried about Jonas Cain? Just then some one busts into the room "The Barron his here....with Jonas Cain!" *Spites out drink in disbelief
*Swimming High sea adventure with Mike & Crew on the boats

P.S. Thank you Matt White & Staff!

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
Last edit: 06 Jun 2011 17:30 by .
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
06 Jun 2011 17:10 #25 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
even though I missed the extended portion there was still so much to do!

NPC shift: playing the paranoid farmer whose scythe ran off.
getting handed a peasant card with twitch and phobia: elves

after NPC shift:
Elric's First encounter with the Mimics: "wait... did that vase just bite me?"
Liam you did an awesome job
Testing Zahir to make sure that he wasn't a doppleganger... Hooka 'til dawn

Saturday:
learning from smithing abilities from Gideon
having a suprisingly relaxing day
feast... as usual.

Main Mod:
Killing a Wareboar while I was crippled.
borrowing Peter's Axe and running around actually making use of the fact that I have Master Florentine. actually killing one of the dopplegangers.

the sunday morning Glommite slaughter and bash: getting about twenty kills in one battle alone.

the only low light:
that bird that lives outside the monastery needs to die... just putting that out there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
06 Jun 2011 18:32 #26 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
Awesome first time LARPing.

So much went on I can't even keep track when these happened.

Getting to know everyone in and out of game.

Being part of a goblin squad: mission when we went out: goto the bloody stump and mess around. Mission end: Goblins now own a banana farm, had cake, were given one silver each, and got hair scrunches from a rock (OOG players sitting on a bench)

Volcano goat attacking the hookah tent: goat and three minions died, no one left the tent until then. DARN YOU APOLLO!!!!

Last the Cultist attacking three or four different places with close to infinite regenerations.

The rest of the weekend was a blast. Thank you everyone who made this an awesome weekend.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
06 Jun 2011 18:38 #27 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
Well, I only got to attend the regular portion.  Darned summer courses forbade me from being at the "Week in the Life" part.

Highlights:
-The MINUTE lay-on got called, I got yoinked to the side by Lina to be given the run-down of what was happening with Gustav.  I love it when plot starts as soon as the game starts
-Omg, Rose's fire performance.  The girl was aMAZing
-Hehehe...Tobar, Luminista and Marika after drinking Zander's Brew...hehehe
-Being paid 40G for a backrub...I love being an IG masseuse
-Ice cream for breakfast, along with Bran and Seamus' truffles and brownies being the Galledell Sundae
-Rock candy was EVERYWHERE!
-Even though I just recently got attuned, attuning every healer at the same time.  Can you say Healer puddle?  We were literally on top of each other trying to all touch the Focus at the same time
-Courage lesson with Tobar, Aquene and Amalthea.  Tried so hard OOG to not laugh at the little woman trying to scare me.  Love you Lauren  ;D
-Livia and Marika have bonded...walking the entirety of the camp 4 times with someone will do that.
-I loved the small RP with Gideon outside of the inn before feast.  He assured Marika that she will get the recognition she craves in time.  That even though no one recognizes her as a powerful healer (in her eyes), her time to shine will come
-Marika becoming a lot more self aware.  She is tired of people making her decisions for her.  I love it when IG events help a character to grow without the player even meaning for it to happen
-Talking to James the Gypsy Ki- *coughcough* I mean Management.  At first, Livia and Marika were the only ones who answered their question right, so they were the ones to negotiate the lifting of the curse.  And seriously James? How many Magic Items did you need
-Absolutely loved my Posi lesson with Lethias...and Billiam.  Positive energy grapes anyone?
Lethias giving Marika a brief look into the differences between the Witchhunter families.  I really enjoyed the discussion after the lesson
-Just, the whole Radu-insulting-then attacking gypsies encounter.  Very well played
-Seriously, this was one of my favorite events.

Lowlights: No, not lowlights really, just depressing things OOG
-I missed the cow wrangling ;_; I was so upset
-Having the leave so early that I barely got to say goodbye to anyone

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
06 Jun 2011 18:51 #28 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
There is no cow level.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
06 Jun 2011 19:24 #29 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic June 2011 Week in Life

There is no cow level.

Why do I sense an Angry Birds mod coming soon?  Travance must throw exploding, Alkemical filled birds at pigs in wood forts/houses.  :P

Another highlight I'd like to put in is the tents & decorations.  I didn't closely examine everyone's sleeping area, but the areas I did see were nicely done.  Water bottles had their labels peeled off.  People were using IG mugs & cups.  Atmosphere was being maintained at all times.  That was awesome, especially since people have been playing since Wednesday... there was no slacking in that.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Secarius
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Cinis et Cinis Pulvis Et Pulvis
  • Thank Yous: 1
06 Jun 2011 19:59 #30 by Secarius (Secarius)
Replied by Secarius (Secarius) on topic June 2011 Week in Life
glommite + farmer = zombie farm

ALex S.
player of Brax the Barbarian
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.978 seconds