Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!

• Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
27 Apr 2016 09:28 #31 by Aria (Aria)
I need his name to be able to do it

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
27 Apr 2016 10:51 - 27 Apr 2016 10:52 #32 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
(OOG: Below, the message is HEAVILY edited, with corrected grammar and spelling.)

To Whom It May Concern,

I have sent this missive simultaneously with my companion Qulun Guo Chenjing. We are on a religious escapade to Amon'Zad. By the time this letter reaches you, we will be in Honor's Rock in the Barony of Talenthal. I have been spreading word along my way, shouting in the streets and notifying all tavern-goers. There should be a fine crowd crossing the Rift as we speak.

(OOG: There are several more paragraphs, all crossed out, sprinkled with the most creative of curse words, paraphrased below.)

Editor's Note: I'm sorry, I can't repeat that. I'll paraphrase:

I will continue to do this. By the end of the week, our party should reach Bordertown. There could be a fleet of ships on the way, who will arrive shortly after this moon's Feast to aid in this venture.

(OOG: The editing almost completely stops here. Evidently, the messenger couldn't bring himself to completely mark up a closing remark.)

These Null hooks are worse than Pirates. I've been all up an' down the So'thern Coasts, an' if there's one thing I've l'arned, it's 'at sea-dogs 'ate when some [strike]wee piece of shite[/strike] unseemly gentleman decides to wreck our [strike]shite[/strike] ships fer no good reason, without e'en the slightest thought o' salvagin' the wreckage!

I 'umbly beseech ye [strike]bastards[/strike] beloved comrades and neighbors: giv'em 'ell for me an' me mates all along the Coast!

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
Last edit: 27 Apr 2016 10:52 by Mantel (sigma-j). Reason: whoops, formatting, making more clear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
27 Apr 2016 11:42 #33 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
There may be a way to contact Maja of the Lorestri and/or the Temporis Keep. I don't know if we'll find aid there, but it's worth a try.
~Squire Amalthea

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
27 Apr 2016 11:43 #34 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
I agree with Amalthea,this is worth undertaking.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
27 Apr 2016 12:15 - 27 Apr 2016 12:16 #35 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
[OOG: Tacked onto the wall by a passing Guardsman, this note appears to have been written while moving.]

May my words here stand in for my absence this coming Feast.

May the Gods have mercy for my belief that all are fallible, even so those immortal who have walked among us.

Let it not be said that there are no pathways to our salvation other than unleashing unspeakable darkness upon the world.

Let it not be said, as has unfortunately been said in the past, that we have no other options available to us than to forfeit our morality to survive another day.

Travance, I implore you to shrug off your desire for expediency, the desire to do what is easy rather than what is right.

Learn well the name "Eye of the Nexus" and every time you hear that deceitful phrase "there is no other way," stand tall and speak the truth.

You may feel surrounded by contrary belief, but I have faith in you.

With Love from Loez,
Nalick

Last edit: 27 Apr 2016 12:16 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
27 Apr 2016 12:51 #36 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
I may be able to get a message to the Father of the Homunculi, assuming he is not already hiding in plain sight within the proper. From an academic standpoint, we seem to be on good terms.

-Friar Ridigan

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
27 Apr 2016 13:02 #37 by Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
Replied by Cecilia Mercier (jsin) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
This may be a bit of a stretch but I know the Mermaids see us as allies. They have even asked a few of us - myself included - to assist them in important matters of their own. Surely now of all times, they would help however they can.

I apologize in advance for my absence this moon but I must take care of some matters on my end.

In Prudence,
Cecilia Analise Mercier

OOG: Tytiana B (Haze Browne)
  • Arden
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • The ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of time.
  • Thank Yous: 163
27 Apr 2016 13:52 #38 by Arden (Shelby)
Replied by Arden (Shelby) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
If the young and noble Prince Perseus will have an audience with me, I will request aid from him and his kingdom of mer-people.

OOG: Shelby M Briar [She/They]
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
27 Apr 2016 14:55 #39 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
Another option has come to mind:

The visraki

-Ava

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Simon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 125
27 Apr 2016 20:51 - 28 Apr 2016 15:11 #40 by Simon (BigZ)
If you wish to get in contact with the Father, please let me know. I have some information that may be useful.

I will also echo Ava and Sir Cypher's suggestions for solely allies. Regardless of where their power is drawn from, help is necessary from every walk of life. I'd much prefer places not steeped in darker powers, but cooperation is important and it's better now to extend an olive branch than have to later and have it turned away or met with high demands.

OOG: Nick H.
-Officer
Last edit: 28 Apr 2016 15:11 by Simon (BigZ).
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
28 Apr 2016 00:23 #41 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
I wouldn't exactly call them "allies", but have we considered reaching out to Don'Kellard and the dark elves? It is their world at stake too, and I don't believe they parted on good terms with Balfurious.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim P (OrganicGolem)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
28 Apr 2016 09:15 - 28 Apr 2016 09:29 #42 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
My first moon in Travance I recall we negotiated a truce with Domag Ravik. Has anyone suggested contacting her to our aid?

-Rook

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
Last edit: 28 Apr 2016 09:29 by Cara Easton (Raeelle).
28 Apr 2016 10:10 - 28 Apr 2016 12:53 #43 by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Replied by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
I have no additional suggestions, but I would like to throw my support behind a particular few:

1) Londwyn and the Royal Army. I am no longer Londwyn's ambassador to Kormyre; by my own choice, as Kormyre has become more my home these days. But it would be my privilege to act as Kormyre's ambassador to Londwyn, even if unofficially, and my fiancé is still Marshall of Her Majesty's Armies.

2) The tribes of the North: the Venier as well as the Cheveyo and the Asgardians. Remember that where there are Nulls, there are Husks. There are none better at guerrilla fighting against a stronger enemy than the armies of Londwyn, and few can match the Northern tribes for brute strength and strength of will, both of which we will need.

3) The Father of the Hommunculi. For all of our differences of opinion, most of the alchemists in Travance get along rather well with him, and the Father is a pioneer of innovation. He would be one of the few that I could see actually working with us toward a solution, and highly skilled alchemists in concert can do great things.

Sincerely,
~Meander Correlis

~Meander Correlis, Master Alchemist
Baronial Ambassador to Londwyn
Champion of Homunculi City

(OOG: Sarah Brand)
Last edit: 28 Apr 2016 12:53 by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand).
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
28 Apr 2016 13:01 #44 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
thairs a man name Tom hoo [strike]kaud[/strike] kud pay fer arms an sauch.

ChEt

28 Apr 2016 13:36 #45 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
I would also support a call to the north, especially to my sister.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
28 Apr 2016 14:43 #46 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
The bards may have it in hand, but I can try to figure out how to contact Tobar and the Temporis Guard.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
28 Apr 2016 15:18 - 28 Apr 2016 15:18 #47 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
The Church of Kormyre came through the War against Xualla better than most nations. Our Clergy and most importantly the Soldiers of the Church, were supremely equipped to handle such a supernatural invasion. Our Templars led the Holy Host against the horde of Demons, and in the aftermath it is the Church that was able to secure the territory in the Kingdom of Kormyre, while the Royal Army had been decimated by Xualla's hordes.

The King, no doubt is recovering his forces to protect the Kingdom, but the fact remains the Kingdom may not have the resources to help our Barony... but the Church can.

I recommend having Templar Brogan Mysthammer advise the Baron, with Divine Pontiff Artreus' consent, on the assets that the Church can spare the Barony in this most dire of times.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
Last edit: 28 Apr 2016 15:18 by Templar Aldric (Selrik).
28 Apr 2016 19:48 #48 by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar)
Replied by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
Grim, who you are thinking of is a fairie noble, not a true fey.

As for a list of allies, I know some of these were mentioned already, just adding some more specifics.

The Hibernians, specifically Lord Cullin MacFergus as well as Turin (who likely knows fully what's going on since he was sort of a paladin).
Terafess, whatever is left of its inhabitants. Which reminds me, has anyone heard word of Sorel's husk?
Anonda and the Chacar tribe, which Choyopa is a part of.
Telligrim has returned home, I know this for certain.
Coast Haven is a collection of city states, so we could appeal to their actual central government.

If we are seeking volunteers to make these expeditions then I am interested in the first three. The Hibernians I have not seen in years. Billliamm, Colin, and myself are among the very few that know the way their. Terafess I also know how to reach, and can get there quickly. The Jungles of the Chacar would likely be the hardest to get to, unless Choyopa returns.

Jason Michaeli

Sir Daniel McKraegar
Knight of Kaladonia
28 Apr 2016 20:01 #49 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
The Jungles I have been to, with some risk I can get there. Choyopa has a way to travel from there to Travance and back. I am willing to make the journey.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
28 Apr 2016 20:03 - 28 Apr 2016 20:04 #50 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
I will speak with all whom I can find that serve the Dark forces. I ask however what will be their fate for coming forth in the defense of Travance and her people?

- Damien

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
Last edit: 28 Apr 2016 20:04 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost).
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
29 Apr 2016 07:41 #51 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
Many years back, did not Travance help free the Sylphs from their prison of iron?

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
29 Apr 2016 09:54 - 29 Apr 2016 10:06 #52 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
Leaving us mortal because our Queen was kind and saved you from the Unseelie and essentially scattered the rest of us to the four winds? Yes, you did help free us from the slavery pact (you think we cannot escape cages?) We already sacrificed ourselves to save you. What is left are shells and we are equally as useful as the rest of you. I for one will not be oppressed by these Anastazi and will do what I can.

-Keola

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 29 Apr 2016 10:06 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
29 Apr 2016 15:06 #53 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
I can reach out to the Masters who have ascended or taken on other tasks, as well as to some few friends, such as Aahzimandius, but this all begs the question: do we know when we will need them by? Or for how long? Some of our allies and friends may have quite a distance to travel, or may only be able to remain for a short while on our plane.

Does anyone know when we prefer to have the most assistance?

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
  • Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
30 Apr 2016 04:08 #54 by Kardin (Ben)
Grim,

Though it's been some time since I've been home. One thing I can say for certainty is that the horsemen of my tribe will be difficult to rally to our cause without the approval of our Warlord. The Hiolangorn are sworn to fight at their command alone. But if anything in Arrawyn is true, it's that a contingent of mounted Northern warriors is nothing to scoff at. If I can convince the Warlord to aid us, a trip to the Northern Wastes will be a small price to pay. I will go and hope that they see the dangers before us all.

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
30 Apr 2016 04:45 #55 by Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Defessa Von Ritter (Richard Whitted-Leggett)
Replied by Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Defessa Von Ritter (Richard Whitted-Leggett) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
I never thought I would find myself saying this, but perhaps I could ask the aid of the Empire of Night on behalf of the Barony. I believe I would be able to get word there without trouble. I would also suggest we ask the aid of the Sea Witch, she saved my life once last year.
[OOG: The handwriting getting progressively shakier towards the end.]

Peaches M.

Squire Inquisitor Dr. Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Von Ritter

OOG: Richard Whitted-Leggett
13 May 2016 20:37 #56 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic Baronial Announcement: Rally to aid against The Null!
I have sent this message from Amon Zhad and pray it reaches you in time. I have received word of the call for aid and with the permission of a noble will act as emissary to the Zhade Enam and her people for their assistance in defeating the null. It will take some time to send a message to me so I ask that you have any Psion who has met me and has the skill to do so to tell me your answer.

In service to Galmachis and Travance,
Damien Mograinne

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.750 seconds