Information is needed

• Kaiva
  • “It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”
  • Thank Yous: 25
04 Dec 2017 11:55 #1 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Information is needed was created by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Hello all, recently there was a small rift that was opened (it is now closed). Where a true warlock resided, it was demonic and nature and now some of us (including myself) are marked by a true warlock symbol.

I call forth to anyone who has a understanding of warlocks to send me a missive, for research purposes. Thank you kindly.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

[img

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

OOG (India Jackson)
04 Dec 2017 12:28 #2 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Information is needed
You see what this witch of a woman neglects to inform you, is that she herself has entered this contract.... I have a hunch it was intentional on the top of that. Now I have entered his domain, and spoken to him, I had him agree to return Seth to us and can continue to speak to him threw my own means... that being said I in no way have or will enter in such a pact..... I will leave such idiocies for individuals such as this one. I would erg you not to entertain her, and let others more equip, more competent; deal with these matters...

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
04 Dec 2017 12:32 - 04 Dec 2017 12:35 #3 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Information is needed
He informed us that anyone with the mark could controlled by him as they were part of one mind. It seemed all were linked together. I could see the energy connecting him and Seth.

The Warlock was looking for someone specific who bore the mark, though did not name who. He also started that he wanted freedom from his illusion. He was not physically before us- he was simply a glamour or a mirage of sorts.

I was able to collapse the rift in a way that should hopefully buy us some time before he opens a new one. It was messy but, ideally, it may have cut him off from our realm for a while. Granted- I know very little about true warlocks or about his sort of illusionary demons so I could be entirely incorrect.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
Last edit: 04 Dec 2017 12:35 by Cara Easton (Raeelle).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
04 Dec 2017 13:22 - 04 Dec 2017 13:25 #4 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Information is needed
**Mantel's letter has been ripped down.**

Please do not give anyone bearing the symbol of the contract any information whatsoever. It is a black, encircled, embellished T. I am working on procuring a copy of it for this board.

Kaiva's mark is on her left cheek.

--Mantel Warrane.

P.S. I am aware of much of the situation, please seek me out, though you will have to prove to me that you do not bear the mark before I divulge any such information.

((The Marshal is Rob I. for anyone who doesn't know!))

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
Last edit: 04 Dec 2017 13:25 by Mantel (sigma-j).
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
04 Dec 2017 14:02 - 04 Dec 2017 14:05 #5 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic Information is needed
Whomever bears the mark is most likely connected to the True Warlock's hive mind. A true warlock is killed with gold. Not currency...But golden blades. There's nothing that any team could have done to stop this true warlock, simply because he was an illusion, and I don't doubt that he's latching onto beings of our plane in an attempt to use them as, well...A meat puppet. If I was informed correctly, he had access to summoning powerful demons to assist him. He's not as important as taking out Necrofitus. But this True Warlock's threat should not be taken lightly...
And as for the sake of the safety of the Proper, all who bear the mark should be held in captivity, or possibly even exrocised until this Warlock is dead.

By my hand,
Leon of House Belfast

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
Last edit: 04 Dec 2017 14:05 by Not An Assassin (Salem).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
04 Dec 2017 14:20 #6 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic Information is needed
That sounds like a lot of work. If you really want to reach me to try and exorcise me, or give any information, send me a missive.

I was unable to fight off the mental prowess of this true warlock for very long, and all of you should be warned of that.

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
04 Dec 2017 14:32 - 04 Dec 2017 14:36 #7 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic Information is needed
Mantel,

I know little of magic, but I cannot emphasize enough that if you do intend to recreate this symbol, do not draw it completed. Symbols have power, especially this one. When we burnt one earlier in the day after researching it, a portal opened and took the burning paper into it. If you do recreate the symbol, make some small change for the sake of safety!

I will be out of the proper between feasts but I will provide you and Cara a summary of what I found via missive.

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
Last edit: 04 Dec 2017 14:36 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
04 Dec 2017 14:34 #8 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Information is needed
I will begin looking into this immediately, anyone who can provide information or allowing me to look at the marks directly would be helpful. If there are other ways I can be of service please feel to send me a missive

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
04 Dec 2017 14:35 - 04 Dec 2017 14:35 #9 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic Information is needed
Tari,
I will send you a copy of the missive. As well as a summary of things that happened this moon.

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
Last edit: 04 Dec 2017 14:35 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria)
  • Berek Orino
  • People who are crazy enough to believe they can change the world are the ones that do.
  • Thank Yous: 15
04 Dec 2017 15:45 #10 by Berek Orino (Andrew609)
Replied by Berek Orino (Andrew609) on topic Information is needed
Hello all,

Would one of the more learned folk comment on whether witch wood makes your more vulnerable to a true warlock or if gold is used in the creation of the weapon it mitigates this vulnerability? There were several statements at the forge this past feast and I would like to know more.

Thank you,

Berek

Berek Orino
Vice Exchequer of Travance
Assistant Quartermaster of Travance

OOG -- Andrew Cook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Ephrem (bamore62)
04 Dec 2017 17:06 #11 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic Information is needed
I have questions.

How did the people who were marked get that way? Did they agree to it, or was it forced on them? Mr. Seth seems to be saying it was forced on him, but Mr. Moostrav is saying Kaiva made a deal willingly. Kaiva, could you please tell us the whole story of what happened? Moostrav and Seth too? Usually when you hear different versions of a story from different people, you can find rage truth somewhere in the middle. How did the rift open? How was it closed? How many people were marked? We know he makes illusions and can open rifts, but what else can he do?

And if you don't think it's safe to give information to people who are marked, that's one thing, but I don't think there's any need for name calling. Please be nice.

Kaiva, if it's true that there is a possibility that the warlock can use you against people with that mark, you will need to be patient and trust us to learn as much as we can, even though it may not be safe to tell you. I'm sorry.

-Midori Suarez
Daughter of Mercy

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
04 Dec 2017 19:36 - 04 Dec 2017 19:37 #12 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic Information is needed
I cut down a man marked by the true warlock, thinking he was a mere cultist at the time. I used a knife to remove the skin where the mark was for research possibilities. When I did, I was transported to some place, where yes, I was forced to have the mark.

I believe it was closed when Cara Tartaros literally blew the opening up with her magic...or something. Ask her personally.

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
Last edit: 04 Dec 2017 19:37 by Seth (Kurteth).
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
04 Dec 2017 19:47 #13 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Midori,
Judging from reports on the True Warlock and his victims, the seemed to be in unison, and think alike. This leads to believe that those afflicted are part of a Hive-Mind. Kaiva and Seth don't seem to be showing this behavior, but that doesn't mean that they aren't a hive mind, they can potentially be controlled as separate individuals in an attempt to seem "Normal".
I'm not trying to say that they're the enemy and need to be put down. I'm saying that they're a part of this whether they wanted it or not, and there are a few ways to help them.
Killing them and pulling them through is an option, but not a favored one.
An exrocism might be possible, but that would be something for Master Hunters to discuss. This leaves us we killing the Warlock. Cara was right to annihilate the veil that was already open. It bought us time to organize, and could have quite possibly severed the connection between the Warlock and his afflicted. For right now, Kaiva and Seth seem, for the most part, fine. But this can be a trick, and a psychoanalysis might be our ticket to figuring out the validity of that. I'll collaborate with some of the other Hunters for now and see what they think.
Ultimately, this Warlock is going to die.

That is my promise to you.
Signed,
Lt. Leon Belfast

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Midori Suarez (krykit)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
04 Dec 2017 19:52 #14 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Information is needed
I destroyed the rift by attempting to shift between planes the exact same moment that the warlock attempted to banish me back to the mortal prime material plane. In doing so I managed to upset the very delicate nature of the rift that he had created (the rift was not meant to stay open between planes like that, it takes great amounts of energy to keep a rip like that open). By disrupting it it became unstable and collapsed.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
04 Dec 2017 19:54 #15 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Information is needed
It could be as disease, advancing to the following stage and the next with each passing bout of time. We'll need an answer soon.

~Nalick

• Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
04 Dec 2017 20:01 #16 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
You did an excellent job, Cara. Bravo!
-Leon Belfast

OOG-Reece Belmont
  • Kaiva
  • “It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”
04 Dec 2017 22:33 - 04 Dec 2017 22:34 #17 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Replied by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai) on topic Information is needed
I would never make deals with true warlocks. I simply made a mistake in bringing the symbol into the rift and it was transferred to my face.
I worship andorra, goddesses of love, forgiveness and compassion and she is all things light. I would neebr sell my soul for some sort of power when andorra gives me the power to do what I do best, help others.

Moostrav I find it extremely insulting because of my opinion and my compassion you deem me to be some idiot. I am no witch.
I have healed you, and countless others in this town. I have given poor villagers food, I have done countless things for Travance to show I am one of you and I am here to help. And to insult me in this way is simply digusting.
I'm a compassionate individual, I love everyone, even you after you have insulted me. But one thing I will not do is sit here and receive these digusting words. If I see you fall on the battlefield I will heal you, same goes for anyone else who hates me because I shared an opinion. I forgive you for your words. Before you judge others, you must judge yourself.

[img

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

OOG (India Jackson)
Last edit: 04 Dec 2017 22:34 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen), Ephrem (bamore62)
04 Dec 2017 23:07 #18 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Dear Kaiva,

Can you please tell us what happened from the beginning? Or at least tell me? I wasn't there and I'm trying to piece together everything I missed. The more you tell us, the more likely we are to be able to help you.

-Midori Suarez
Daughter of Mercy

04 Dec 2017 23:08 #19 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
I am not insulting you on your compassion or opinions... You are an idiot due to your idiotic behavior.

For the matter I judge myself.... great, I have no problems with any of us.

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth (Kurteth)
  • Kaiva
04 Dec 2017 23:11 #20 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Replied by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai) on topic Information is needed
Whatever. I'm tired of trying for this town. I'm tired of when others express opinions of there owns they're judged and casted aside.

My behavior was not idiotic. Then you can definitely handle yourself.
I will research on my own.

[img

OOG (India Jackson)
04 Dec 2017 23:11 #21 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Information is needed
I know nothing of the gods other than what is common knowledge. I do have to comment, Kaiva, that I believe you take Andorra's words entirely too literally. The fact that you were so giving and compassionate about the demons and wanted to sign the contract. Perhaps you should speak with your fellow Andorrans, or perhaps your goddess herself next time she makes herself known. You forgive and give compassion to literally everything and that seems silly to me. Some things need to not be forgiven, or shown compassion.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Dec 2017 23:22 #22 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
She has spoken with us. Show yourself compassion by steering your ingenuity toward other problems, dear friend.

~Nalick

• Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
04 Dec 2017 23:39 #23 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Information is needed
Kaiva,

Don't leave town. I will do everything in my power to free you of this.
This goes for everyone else marked.
For the rest of you scorning someone for having hope where the rest of us may not,
Perhaps look at what kind of creature you've let yourself become.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Annora (Karen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Moostrav Potrevski (), Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
04 Dec 2017 23:39 - 04 Dec 2017 23:40 #24 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Information is needed
Moostrav,

I don't trust your words as far as I can throw you.
Which means I haven't even picked you up.

If you had no guilt, you wouldn't defend yourself as you do.
Your words hide more than they show and anyone with a brain can see it.
You do you and your family a disservice treating someone like this.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 04 Dec 2017 23:40 by Narcis (ChrisR).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen)
05 Dec 2017 00:02 #25 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Information is needed
As you wish Nalick. I know my words did not come off well, but it was not intended as an insult. I simply know not of the gods and giving compassion to Demons seemed bizzare to me. Simply wanted that to be addressed. I did not believe that the words of Andorra preached as such.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
  • Ergos
  • Thank Yous: 88
05 Dec 2017 00:04 #26 by Ergos (arieslink)
Replied by Ergos (arieslink) on topic Information is needed
Kaiva,

I believe that your dedication and devotion to your faith is admirable, Kaiva. I am not surprised that you have already grown weary from the town's distressing actions that we take at times, and from those within our ranks who don't hold the nearly same compassion that you do.

If I knew more about the situation regarding the mark, I would help. I believe the scholar's table in the inn holds much information about true warlocks, though. If you're lacking researchers, I could possibly help. I'm interested in learning more about true warlocks anyway.

Moostrav Potrevski, Vassal of Ostcliff, Member of the Ebon Hound:

Your hateful words and attacks on someone who is simply trying to help others is abhorrent. It looks only as though you're trying to make enemies with others. I'm almost surprised the groups you're a part of allow you to carry their name, considering you perpetuate this needless harm, tarnishing their growing reputations.

I have been wary of you, though I did not dislike you. This may change things.

~Ergos

[Card Marshal]
[OOG: Adam Grimes]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
05 Dec 2017 00:08 #27 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Information is needed
**Not Caelvan**

I’ll help against demons as well. Any kind. If any need my help let me know.

As for Kaiva, I look at those who I have helped in this town. Those who you would call “zealots” of my faith. I helped them see a better path. One of Fate and Death, not just killing. Not by insulting and belittling them, but by speaking to them respectfully. It’s not often I will stand up for a priestess of the light, but solve this problem not attack the victims. Fate showed us this issue through people like Kaiva, now let us destroy this demon, I’ve had enough of them already.

-Z’Hade Enam Merikh Tazam

———————

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Mantel (sigma-j)
05 Dec 2017 00:15 #28 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Dear Kaiva,

Don't give up. We will help you. I will help you. Grow.

-Midori Suarez
Daughter of Mercy

P.S. We should get you a Mean-People-Whistle. They're very useful.

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Dec 2017 00:20 - 05 Dec 2017 00:22 #29 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Kaiva,

From my experience here, our work isn't even cut out for us, and someone's hidden the knife. Your words in the past showed an enviable level of devotion to Her cause. Let not hateful words bar you from continuing to speak. Followers asked St. Astrid why she would sit at a table and dine with those whose tongues were as sharp as their daggers. Her response fits here. They needed the company, the companionship far more than others who had it in spades. This is why we push on, beacons of light and hope in what would otherwise be darkness. They would know no other world.

Nesterin, you have my apology if my words were too blunt; these issues have been debated ad nauseum and there is a saying I would use here about continuing to argue a point mercilessly long after the issue has been settled, but I will demonstrate tact in not.

~Nalick

Last edit: 05 Dec 2017 00:22 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Mantel (sigma-j), Midori Suarez (krykit), Ergos (arieslink), Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
05 Dec 2017 00:28 - 05 Dec 2017 00:44 #30 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Leliana,

In some ways your right, my friend...

I have guilt yes, don't we all? This one has merely tested my patience on many occasions.

A matter of trust? This is not; you can feel as you do, I will still enjoy your acquaintance.

I do no disrespect to my kin, or direct family.
When a dog bites, you smack it down. Many things may happen.... It will learn, loose its teeth, or overcome. By all means i have no problem with her overcoming, but you shouldn't coddle stupid in this regards. She takes her religion too literally, Nalick is an Andorran I can respect, as well as my cousin Marcus. I do no disservice.

In this I stop my rant. You are right, Kaiva has been hit enough. It is time for her response. How will you act?

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
Last edit: 05 Dec 2017 00:44 by Moostrav Potrevski ().
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.768 seconds