Researching Recent Events (Anyone May Chime In!)

• Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
17 Oct 2018 22:04 #31 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Researching Recent Events (Anyone May Chime In!)
(not magnus)

(many of the same runes are written on this papper but the number of runes is growing, as well as a few blood drops on the paper , the writting is shaky)

0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20

-The Fool

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
  • Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
  • Hold the line, never falter.
  • Thank Yous: 31
17 Oct 2018 22:26 #32 by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
Replied by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe) on topic Researching Recent Events (Anyone May Chime In!)
I have news!

After heading down to Coast Haven I asked around and did some digging, as my home libraries yielded nothing. There I found the legend of a Necromancer that had brought an executioner with him. The story goes that if a person is executed in a certain way by the executioner and raised by the necromancer the body attracts a certain type of undead known as a 'Flea'. A 'Flea' will feed on the soul of the fallen and act as a parasite. The body will be obviously undead but will talk as if someone else is behind the proverbial wheel. This 'Flea' will be able to use its host body to great effect against those that the host knew in life.

Now here is where the story diverges. Nobody seems to know exactly what method the executioner uses on these bodies. Some say hanging, others say beheading, and more say burning them alive. I fear that the Legend has sadly lost this piece of information over time.

However I was told that the only way to kill a 'Flea' is to destroy the host and only then can the body be freed of its control. As for the soul, I do not know if it is consumed or not.

This is the best I could come up with after exhausting several leads.

Riley Reynolds

Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
Clergy of Galladel
Champion of Galladel
Centurion

Riley Kane

OOG Name: Kayla Arold
  • Damien Marcain
  • Whatever it takes. No matter the cost. I will see justice done.
  • Thank Yous: 48
18 Oct 2018 13:36 #33 by Damien Marcain (Mike P.)
Replied by Damien Marcain (Mike P.) on topic Researching Recent Events (Anyone May Chime In!)

Magnus (hippy g0th) wrote: (not magnus)

(many of the same runes are written on this papper but the number of runes is growing, as well as a few blood drops on the paper , the writting is shaky)

0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20

-The Fool

All,
Check the board where we are discussing Jackdaw's disappearance. The fool may have just told us exactly what we are up against. Dame Laurent-Belmont (I sincerely hope I am addressing you correctly.) gave us a quick rundown of the list of cards we are researching.

0 - Fool - Naivety
1 - The Magician - Mastery
3 - Empress - Nurturing
5 - Hierophant - Tradition
6 - Lovers - Connection
7 - Chariot - Controlling opposite forces
8 - Strength - Right tool for the right job
9 - Hermit - Introspection
12 - Hanged Man - Acceptance of your own destruction, martyrs
13 - Death - change
14 - Temperance - literally just that - using two things to control each other
15 - Devil - temptation
16 - Tower - destruction, one thing breaking into many (I read it as revolution, personally)
18 - Moon - Mystery/unknown
19 - Sun - the warm fuzzies
20 - Judgement - more like discernment & wisdom, being able to make good judgements, not passing judgement

I cut out the numbers the Fool didn't list. He's given us the pieces we need. We can figure this out.

~Damien Marcain
Vassal of Albriar
Archivist of the Order of the Sagewardens

(OOG: Mike Packi)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
18 Oct 2018 15:02 #34 by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
Replied by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe) on topic Researching Recent Events (Anyone May Chime In!)
The fool is a card that also stands for new beginnings, not necessarily Naivety. Maybe the Fool is helping us because he is seeking a new beginning? I do not know. This is merely speculation at this point.

Riley

Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
Clergy of Galladel
Champion of Galladel
Centurion

Riley Kane

• Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
18 Oct 2018 15:08 #35 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Researching Recent Events (Anyone May Chime In!)
At some point the discussion on the meanings of the card and who was representing them was leaning towards are they of the upright meaning or the reversed meaning. Oftentimes upright the Fool does mean new beginnings, just like Death is about transformation rather than death. However, reversed The Fool can be thought of as naivety or being "played for a fool".

That being said I don't think we should let just the idea of these monsters being attached to Tarot Card identities be the end all be all of how we function. Look to them for insight as you would a deck, but be flexible.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magnus (hippy g0th), Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
18 Oct 2018 18:05 #36 by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
Ah I see! Thank you Miss Nadia. It seems I am only partially educated about the Tarot.

Riley

Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
Clergy of Galladel
Champion of Galladel
Centurion

Riley Kane

18 Oct 2018 20:21 #37 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Researching Recent Events (Anyone May Chime In!)
I had to assist with several different situations across the Proper today. However, I will be finalizing adding recent notes tomorrow morning. If you have anything else left to add, please try and add it before 2 Bells in the afternoon tomorrow or I may miss it. If you have something after, bring it to the Scholar's table and I'll have it added to the main document.

Thank you all for keeping an eye out and gathering this information.

Dame Ilana Darkwood
Knight of Pendarvin
Headmistress of Darkwood Academy

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
18 Oct 2018 21:11 #38 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
Replied by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon) on topic Researching Recent Events (Anyone May Chime In!)
I reached out to House Ketatra at Mantel’s request. Do not kill the mummy! We all know this from the extended feast. The death curse is a bitch. Mummies usually have canoptic jars. Control those, and you control the mummy.

In addition, mummies are raised by some sort of curse, usually for a specific task or purpose, sometimes to complete business left unfinished during their lives. If that task is completed, the curse animating them is broken and they can return to rest. This will give a chance of avoiding the mummy’s death curse.

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
Master Witch Hunter
Robin of the Winged Victory
Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
18 Oct 2018 23:43 #39 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Researching Recent Events (Anyone May Chime In!)
(not magnus)

(more runes for anti demon/scrying)

Ahh crap, forgot one 02

-the fool

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Starling (starling), Mantel (sigma-j)
22 Oct 2018 12:48 #40 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Researching Recent Events (Anyone May Chime In!)
Thank you all for your help.

-Dame Ilana Darkwood
Knight of Pendarvin
Headmistress of Darkwood Academy

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62), Damien Marcain (Mike P.)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.543 seconds