Hello.

28 Jul 2019 11:12 - 28 Jul 2019 18:06 #1 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Hello. was created by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
****not Amalthea****

I think most of you know me. Knew me? Either way, you saved me, one year ago today.

Father told me what I did. He told me what I'd become. I don't remember any of it. It's more like he told me a story about someone else, and then told me she was me. My first memory is of that night last year. I remember being hurt, and in his arms, as he carried me home.

That night, you gave me a second chance. I'm still not sure why. Some of you might not be, either. But I'm grateful.

The past year, I've been traveling with my father. He's been trying to help people. He's been trying to teach me to help people. Even when it doesn't work the way he expects, like with the plants or the panda, he would explain how he was trying to help.

About a month ago, my sister Lois got married to Belegchand. I was at their wedding. I saw some of you there. It was the night before that Father told me about what happened. I'm still trying to understand. I don't know that I ever will. Their wedding day, Father asked Lois and Bele to be my guardians, to help take care of me. I think, deep down, he knows that of all the things he's good at, raising me was never one of them. He trusts them, and so do I, and they agreed to look after me. Now, I live with them in Albriar. I have a lot to learn. Not like last time, where I was trying to get more powerful, and using knowledge to hurt people. I want to learn about the world, and learn how to live in it. I want to make the most of what you've all given me.

I can't take back the damage I caused. I know that. I hurt people, a lot of them, in ways that are too awful to say. I don't expect everyone to forgive me, or to like me, or to be happy that I live here now. I only ask one thing: please let me try to be better. That's what I want, more than anything.

Thank you.

~Eden Heimdell

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
Last edit: 28 Jul 2019 18:06 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Terzak (TheArchMage), Templar Aldric (Selrik), Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Defessa Von Ritter (Richard Whitted-Leggett), Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats), Mantel (sigma-j), Midori Suarez (krykit), Grashügel (HAZMAT221), Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon), Seth (Kurteth), Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27), Ephrem (bamore62), Jenn Cutter (Jenn), Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf)
  • Fie!
  • Thank Yous: 58
29 Jul 2019 16:18 - 29 Jul 2019 16:42 #2 by Fie! (Triminac)
Replied by Fie! (Triminac) on topic Hello.
The water here is murky. You, as you are, a different person from the villain we once knew. To hold you accountable for her actions would be unnecessarily cruel. I understand this concept insofar as my distance from the General. That person is functionally dead, and you, anew. Of course you should be allowed to be a person. Of course you should be allowed to do good. Why shouldn’t you?

You’ve done nothing wrong.

Something that shouldn’t be ignored; however, is that your visage, your presence, are regrettably a reminder. Maybe not for all, but definitely for some, they look at you and see years of hardship and loss play out before their eyes. Even though I cannot remember that time, I felt such pain when I last looked upon your face, and worse yet a rage when I saw my friends be kind to you. I felt betrayed without any substance to support it.

Of course, this is not your fault.

You’re not her, after all. It isn’t fair to hold you to such a standard, but it would be foolish to ignore the fact that you, by virtue of your existence, are a source of pain to people. One day that may pass, but until then, I would ask that you be patient with those who respond to you in ways ungoverned by reason. Understand that their fury or grief is meant for another, not you. I am deeply sorry for you that this is the way things are, but I would rather you know by discourse than by experiencing it.

Perhaps I make myself rude in putting this upon you. If I do, forgive me - I shall rescind it. Perhaps it’s all in my head. I suppose I might be rather emotional as of late.

Owen Piper
Admiral of the Kormyrian Royal Navy
Named Successor to Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz

OOG - Josh Heeder
Marshal and Personal Quest Team
Last edit: 29 Jul 2019 16:42 by Fie! (Triminac).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
29 Jul 2019 18:28 #3 by Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
Replied by Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread) on topic Hello.
Eden, know this, you are hated for good reason, you should have been struck down when we had the chance, and your soul should have been destroyed in its entierty. The fact that you stand, alive, in Travance no less is an an insult, ney, a curse on the hundreds of thousands of lives you ruined.

I do not believe for a second that you are a different person. In time, people will look back and see that we, they many who appose your continued existence, where right. You will rise to power again, and you will murder many more people once you reach the power you once had.

I can thank you and the "perfect world" you made for one thing though. You showed me what true order is, everything the same, this is why I appose you and the order you stand for with every fiber of my being. I have seen what it dose to people, I have seen my friends ruined by order, and I will never alow it to take hold of this world again.

If you so much as raise a finger in action against one of my friends I will bring more wrath than you have ever seen in your meager existence, and this time, you will be destroyed completely.

-Jarden Burdach

At one point in time chamber pots where a technological break through.

OOG -- Jacob Vick
OOG, never take what I say in game seriously, Jardin is mean.
29 Jul 2019 19:09 #4 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic Hello.
Eden,

All I know of who you once were is stories from townsmembers. While my case is not as extreme, I understand going from enemy to ally. Maybe not everyone here knows it, but before coming to Travance I was a Squire to one of Duke Baliol's knights. People change. I know this all too well. Know that should you need help, you can always come to me.

That having been said, let this be known to everyone. Eden is a member of this community and therefore under the protection of the Baronial Guard just like the rest of you. I will ask all of you to refrain from making threats towards her. Please remember that according to the laws, conspiring to commit a crime (in this case, the crime of bringing harm to a Subject of the Kingdom) is also a punishable offense. While you may not agree with the current situation, and I understand the feelings, you are still upheld to the laws of the Kingdom of Kormyre so long as you reside in it.

Squire Keladry Aybara
Private of the Baronial Guard

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Darius Goldmane ()
29 Jul 2019 19:43 #5 by Darius Goldmane ()
Replied by Darius Goldmane () on topic Hello.
I was not there in those five years. Nor was I there for much of what transpired before that. I have only the knowledge of what was told to me, and what I witnessed with my own eyes as I fought to rescue my friends from your clutches. You were the embodiment of everything I fight against. But that was then. And if Travance has taught me anything, it is to always be open to new possibilities. I believe it is possible for you to make something better of yourself, just as it is for all of us to make something better of ourselves.

Know this, though. You have been given one of the greatest gifts a person may be given; a second chance. Many are never lucky enough to get one chance, let alone two. Do not squander it.

Darius Goldmane
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard
Vassal of Kaladonia

OOG - Ryan Kramer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
29 Jul 2019 19:46 #6 by Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
So you threaten me, and not the one who enslaved entire races of beings, not the one who killed thousands, not the one who murdered parents in front of their children, no, you threaten me, the one who stands up against this evil, why, explain to me this Kahla, why do you defend someone who committed genocide and instead threaten me?

The guard, as they always do, failed to protect us from Eden, you get no say in this, you lost your chance when you and your group lost your dignity, when you defended this purple haired thing rather than putting it to death like you do so willingly to others for petty crimes.

-Jarden Burdach

OOG -- Jacob Vick
29 Jul 2019 19:55 - 29 Jul 2019 19:56 #7 by Aseir Belberk (quakefile)
Replied by Aseir Belberk (quakefile) on topic Hello.
Eden you have committed atrocity after atrocity. You have killed countless people and displaced people from their homes. I deeply hope you are executed and your soul obliterated for the crimes against mortality. The fact you are still alive is a wonder consider what you have done. If you shall ever rise to power or injure those close to me once more I will decapitate you myself.

Khala you speak of laws, but Eden has committed more crimes then conspiring, but we don't see her executed so perhaps you should do your job.

-Asier Belberk

OOG: Benjamin Placek
Last edit: 29 Jul 2019 19:56 by Aseir Belberk (quakefile).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
29 Jul 2019 20:00 - 29 Jul 2019 20:01 #8 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Hello.
I was going to write something kind to Eden, and two of you lot spew venom.

I shall have to recover my thoughts and wits before I set a more eloquent set of words to page, but this inability to offer a chance to someone else to be better speaks Ill of your character.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
Last edit: 29 Jul 2019 20:01 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings).
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
29 Jul 2019 20:03 #9 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Hello.
I believe what Squire Aybara is trying to say, is if you bring harm to any member of the Kingdom, you will be punished.

This is the nature of the laws of this land, whether you agree with them or not isn't up for debate as long as you are on Kormyrian soil.

I don't wish to give my personal opinions on what transpired in regards to this situation. However, some would argue that what was done to Eden was her punishment for her crime and that she has served her sentence. Whether those people are right or not is a matter of personal debate and opinion that you are free to engage in, however that decision is done.

However, please do not state that the guard fail to protect us. Especially when it comes to that situation. How do you stop someone with the power of a God? Her punishment was not decided as it usually is in Travance. There were clearly enough people who wanted Eden to remain alive that when the book wrote history back to how it needed to be it made the change they wanted.

Do not take out your frustration on Eden still being alive on the guard. Especially when it is a member who has only been in town for a few months.

- March Warden Caelvan Renaith

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Khala Stormbringer (Jymme), Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
29 Jul 2019 20:08 #10 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Hello.
Amidst the hubris, I thank the gentlemen for reminding us all that defending one's self is a right we all share.

Leave it at that. One cannot strive toward virtue while also stirring others against it.

~Nalick DeMarche
Sgt., Baronial Guard

• Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
29 Jul 2019 20:15 - 29 Jul 2019 20:16 #11 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic Hello.
You don't remember me but, I remember you.

You took the few things people with nothing had left.

If there is hate, it is deserved.

But you are serving your punishment. Your lack of knowledge, lack of power, and this guilt you feel for something you don't recall being IS your punishment. I feel no remorse, nor do I accept your apology. This is the sentence served.

Death, however, is not. And you have the backing and protection of many should someone move beyond words.

I hope you suffer and marinate in the harsh language and horrible images spoken to you.

But you will not be physically harmed without reprimandation.

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
Last edit: 29 Jul 2019 20:16 by Seth (Kurteth).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Mantel (sigma-j), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins), Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
29 Jul 2019 20:17 #12 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic Hello.
Firstly, Jarden and Aseir. Don't dare mistake my squire, Keladry Aybara, for that chaotic and spoiled troublemaker, Khala, again. Next time you do, expect a reminder in person.

Second, Jarden, my squire did not threaten you. She merely stated facts. If you would like a lesson in differentiating the two, I can provide that as well. I'm told I'm a very good teacher.

Anyone who continues to hate Eden for what she did has every right to. I myself lost my life, my body obliterated, when the KAS Tarrasque airship plummeted into the ocean during the time that she ruled. However for good or ill, she has been granted this second chance, many of her victims and even her own family have accepted this, and in truth the vast majority of the world doesn't even remember what she did. Your anger is justified, but considering her punishment and the circumstances, your threats are not.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
  • Damien Marcain
  • Whatever it takes. No matter the cost. I will see justice done.
  • Thank Yous: 48
29 Jul 2019 20:39 - 30 Jul 2019 00:30 #13 by Damien Marcain (Mike P.)
Replied by Damien Marcain (Mike P.) on topic Hello.
Hello, Eden.
We haven't met formally yet, but I recognize you. I was on guard at your sister's wedding, and ran to protect you, as I was ordered to, when the fighting broke out. I was curious as to who you were, until I made the connection. I have also been told stories about who you were, but share no memories of them. Sometimes... sometimes I have vague nightmares of drowning in a graveyard of ships, slowly descending to the ocean depths, but... I can't say for sure if this is a lost memory or a simple phobia.

I understand that those who hate you are justified. But I admire your willingness to make yourself vulnerable like this, and I believe in second chances. What you did, and all who you harmed... It will take a lot of healing, and a lot of time to make up for it. But no one is beyond redemption so long as they seek it. The justifiable hatred of you may never dull. But you have a right to try again. You alone have the power to try and change their minds, however hard that will be for you to do. Based on the stories I've heard, this penance will take a long time.

And, to reinforce those above, specifically Kel, as both my comrade on the Guard, and my friend, Eden is now a subject, and under the protection of the law. I may know nothing about her, or what she did, but unfortunately whether all of you like it or not, she will be protected. Any threat to her or those who guard her is a crime in and of itself. My sincere apologies to those this displeases.

~Damien Marcain
Vassal of Albriar
Archivist of the Order of the Sagewardens

(OOG: Mike Packi)
Last edit: 30 Jul 2019 00:30 by Damien Marcain (Mike P.).
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
29 Jul 2019 20:50 #14 by Wren (Wren)
Replied by Wren (Wren) on topic Hello.
To those whom it may concern:

Crimes Bearing a Standard Punishment

•None shall bring harm to a Subject or the Kingdom, nor inhibit anyone in the course of preventing harm or death to a Subject, excepting in the virtue of defense.

Crimes Bearing a Major Punishment

•None shall commit murder upon a Subject.

Crimes Adjusting Existing Punishments

•None shall conspire to break with a law of Kormyre. Whosoever breaks with this law shall be punished according one tier of punishment below the law that the convicted conspired to break with.

-In short, stop threatening your neighbors. Legal action may be taken if its deemed to be a whole hearted threat and not just empty words from an angry heart.

-In even shorter: Be better Travance, I believe in you. Lets create a world from understanding, not hate.

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Darius Goldmane (), Khala Stormbringer (Jymme), Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen), Damien Marcain (Mike P.)
  • Ebony Hale
  • Go ahead, underestimate me. You will not be the first and you will not be the last... But you will be wrong.
  • Thank Yous: 60
29 Jul 2019 20:59 #15 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats)
Replied by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats) on topic Hello.
I was your Seneschal. I signed papers and filed the lists upon lists of people who were 'perfected' and those who did not, those who no longer resided amongst the living. I did this because that is who you made me to be. I even remember my last moments of life before you killed me and took control of the world.

I've spent many sleepless and nightmare filled nights thinking of that world, that version of you and who I was in it. I'd lost count on how mnay times I've woken up in a panic and screaming for my own life. I had put certain items in specific areas to remind me that your, well that version of you's, world was no longer the current reality. I wear a blue scale flower to grab in moments I need a reminder that all will be well, because I can see and touch it.

I've talked with close friends and those who you made us into family at that time, your family, and I forgive you.

Not many may agree with me doing so but, I need to. It is the only way I can move on and live my life the way I need to. I made a promise that if you ever returned to town, I'd extend a hand of friendship to you. If my speaking to you at my Lord and Lady's wedding was too subtle as that extension, consider this being it.

As stated, Eden is a Subject of Travance and Kormyere and the Laws that protect you, protect her as well. No unjust harm shall come to her by another subject, or they face the consequences of the Guard, and the Inquisition if it comes to that.

~Ebony Hale-MazoKisei
Knight of Cups of Albriar
Dean of Shamanism at Darkwood Academy
29 Jul 2019 21:26 #16 by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03)
Replied by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03) on topic Hello.
OOG: The entire post is left unsigned. However, those that see it will find it rather crumpled up, and filled with dried up tear marks, and drops of ink all over. The corner also appears to have been torn off a bit.

Why... Why... Why?

...everyone... don't... you... I... why...

I... why am I still here... I should... obliterate me... disgraced everyone...

Absolute pain... absolute suffering... everyone hates me!!! EVERYONE!!!

It's all my falut... they.... I want to know... show me... please.... show me that I did not fail... show me that last and final night... please...

"Once upon a time there was a man who died. The less said the better."

IC: Ezequiel Cantor - A "Physician." Nothing more. Nothing less
OOC: Jason C.
29 Jul 2019 21:56 #17 by Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Defessa Von Ritter (Richard Whitted-Leggett)
Replied by Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Defessa Von Ritter (Richard Whitted-Leggett) on topic Hello.
I forgive you, and I will do my best to ensure that you are not harmed. Also I'd love to teach you the joys of cooking and baking again.

Squire Inquisitor Dr. Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Von Ritter

OOG: Richard Whitted-Leggett
29 Jul 2019 22:26 #18 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic Hello.
I lived through your rule. Five years of HELL for my kind. Your "punishment" is too kind for my taste.

Try to help or redeem all you want. You will always be a monster. You will always be reminded of that. You SHOULD always be reminded of that.

You have visited hell upon myself and countless others. I will not kill you, but if I see you dying on the field of battle, I will not help you.

History and the world itself may have been rewritten, but I am remembering exactly what you did.

I do not hate easily anymore.

But I hate you.

Remember what you did.

-Sergei

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Caelvan (Caelvan), Brian T. (Renthios), Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
  • Cobus Puren
  • Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile...
  • Thank Yous: 48
30 Jul 2019 13:17 #19 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
Replied by Cobus Puren (Jason T.) on topic Hello.
I'm late to the party in a lot of ways here in Travance, but your name has been coming up ever since I arrived, and for what I imagine are some bloody obvious reasons, it ain't ever in a good light. Actions speak louder than words---you can post up here begging this lot to let you turn over a new leaf, or you can damned well do it. One way or another you're gonna have some nasty words thrown your way, but you'll shut up more than a few of 'em quicker by letting your new life do the talking. If you mean half of what you've said here, it doesn't sound like it'll be that hard.

But with that said, you'll forgive me if I keep one hand near my sidearm when you're around.

Cobus Puren
Captain of the Kormyrian Royal Navy
Commanding officer, KSS Saguaro and the 1st Raider Force

(OOG: Jason Trommer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Khala Stormbringer (Jymme), Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
  • Darius Redmaw
  • How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win - GK Chesterton
  • Thank Yous: 81
30 Jul 2019 17:53 #20 by Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27)
Replied by Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27) on topic Hello.
(Quick disclaimer, this is a spicy one. Absolutely no OOG ill intent is meant here)

Oh, how the sheep do bleat.

I remember that final battle. Facing Eden at the very edge of existence, pitting my strength and will against the epitome of power itself. I remember Eden seizing whole universes and hurling them against us. I remember a fight the likes of which I will most likely never see again this side of Aeodra as I drove my fist over and over again into the face of a being that put gods to shame. Yet, strangely enough, I do NOT remember seeing those who are now wailing for vengeance standing by my side on that day of days. Vengeance belongs only to those who have the strength to take it.

Jarden, you whine and cry and weep that you were not protected, and now seek vengeance upon a helpless child who has paid the price for past transgressions tenfold. What courage! Are you ashamed you did not stand when it was time to stand? Do you now hope to claim something you do not deserve now that you’re enemy has been beaten and sentenced by your betters?

Either make good on your words, or silence your worthless tongue. Threats and posturing are useless without the weight of steel behind them.

Darius Red-Maw
Champion of Agaura

alt Thaddeus Black
"Plain, simple Thaddeus"

OOG Jack Coyle
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Mantel (sigma-j), Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins), Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
30 Jul 2019 22:45 #21 by Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
(very OOG words, no amount of the hard feelings in this are real.)

Darius, I was in that fight, I remember every bit of it, I remember how the very fabric of existence started to tear, I remember throwing everything I had at Eden, but you are all to high and mighty to think of others, or to notice the people driving the fight along side of you. No, all you care about is your power, your might, and your noble friends. You care nothing for the thousands upon thousands of farmers who lost there lives because of this monster. No, you barley notice them, you prefer to sit comfortably, and unharmed believing that you did the "good" thing by letting her live, while thousands of motherless children cry themselves to sleep because they have no food to eat. The simple farmers hide in fear when they see this monster we call Eden walk by, and it is your fault, this could have all been avoided if you destroyed her, but no, you decided not to and who pays the price, the farmers, and the children do. You are the worthless being here, not I.

-Jarden Burdach

OOG -- Jacob Vick
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27)
30 Jul 2019 23:15 - 31 Jul 2019 09:11 #22 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Hello.
Jarden,

More than 99% of the population was returned to normal after this happened.
Fortunately, about 99% of those people don't remember what happened.

There are some of us who do remember and that's unfortunate, but don't rile a panic in the common folk who do not please.

That place was real, but not on this plane.

Considering those facts and what I try and help Galladel with...

Eden good luck, you'll need it around here.
(Maybe a name change, to match the change in character..? A common trait in Travance)
-Ilana Darkwood-Zero
Lady of Pendarvin

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 31 Jul 2019 09:11 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
  • Ebony Hale
  • Go ahead, underestimate me. You will not be the first and you will not be the last... But you will be wrong.
  • Thank Yous: 60
30 Jul 2019 23:25 - 30 Jul 2019 23:43 #23 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats)
Replied by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats) on topic Hello.
(No OOG resentment here)

Jarden, the world was reset to how it was before that version of her took power. The only remnants of that world exist in our memories and a few objects that survived the reset. There are people in my classes that I knew to be dead in that world, that are alive today. People who were perfected but have no memories of it.

I've walked miles upon miles on patrols looking at the aftermath of the reset, seeing if I could help anyone. But everything went back to the normal order; no one is starving from that time and no one is childless due to her at this time. I even checked on my own family's farm and not a single crop nor chicken was out of place.

I had no say in this second chance. So, if what Caelven said is correct, there was enough people alive that chose to give her a second chance at life. So when Chronicler's book reset the world, Eden was reborn with no memories and none of her imense powers. Do not give Darius the sole credit for her being alive today. There is no changing this choice. Unless you dare try and take my Goddess' book or worse, break the laws and try to end her life.

Darius is on no high horse here, and I've seen him run into battle after battle, getting stabbed and beaten to save people without asking for any thanks as well as his 'noble' friends. So I have no idea where you get the whole 'unharmed' thing, but if you ever looked at him, you'd know that is incorrect.

~Ebony Hale-MazoKisei
Knight of Cups of Albriar
Dean of Shamanism at Darkwood Academy
Last edit: 30 Jul 2019 23:43 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27), Khala Stormbringer (Jymme), Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf), Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
  • Darius Redmaw
  • How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win - GK Chesterton
  • Thank Yous: 81
30 Jul 2019 23:49 #24 by Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27)
Replied by Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27) on topic Hello.
Poor, lost child. Lost even more so than Eden, for she at least has knowledge of her failings. You just now ranted against order and swore yourself it’s eternal enemy, yet you fail to realize that it is order that keeps the simple farmer at peace. The order that you rant and rail against I uphold and protect by my oaths to the inquisition and to Travance, and it is that order that keeps the farmer tilling his fields. The fact that you know nothing of me is unsurprising, because you see only what you wish too.

I lost my wife and infant son to Eden. Though they were restored to me, the pain of that has never healed. My wife has not left our home since the world was remade, and our son struggles with a half decade of memories and knowledge that he cannot comprehend as his own. My brother in the faith of Agaura, Ibn Locke, was driven to a homicidal rage by his conflicted memories, so much so that he had to be obliterated for the good of the kingdom. Do not speak to me of the suffering that Eden caused, for I carry the pain of it still.

Eden had been punished beyond the imagination of your feeble mind. Complete obliteration of identity, reduced to a simple child. Should you be subjected to the same, I know you would beg for death before the end as would any rational man.

But please, seek her death. Summon up the courage and the strength and the will to take action. Strike that blow. I promise you that the retribution you receive will set an example for all self righteous fools that will echo throughout the ages. Or better yet, take up arms against me personally and prove my words wrong.

Should you wish it, I am always available for honor combat. My RED QUEEN waits with bated breath to see her champion tested.

To all of Travance. I name myself as Eden’s champion. Should any member of this town still have grievance against her for the crimes for which she has been justly punished, I will face them in the ring. Either at first to ten cuts, last man standing or through the focus it makes no difference to me.

So make your choice little sheep, and make it carefully. Even your weak heart might yet hold some worth in the raven’s eyes.

Darius Red-Maw
Champion of Agaura

alt Thaddeus Black
"Plain, simple Thaddeus"

OOG Jack Coyle
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Defessa Von Ritter (Richard Whitted-Leggett), Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats), Grashügel (HAZMAT221), Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins), Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen), Damien Marcain (Mike P.)
31 Jul 2019 07:50 #25 by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03)
Replied by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03) on topic Hello.
OOG: Another unsigned letter appears, still with the usual ink drops all over.

...I... don.... care... pain...

...everyone hates me... everyone... obliterates... me... because...

...show me... show me this world.... show me the last night... please... all I care... even though... ....just STOP!

OOG: The rest is mostly just loose scratches at this point.

"Once upon a time there was a man who died. The less said the better."

IC: Ezequiel Cantor - A "Physician." Nothing more. Nothing less
OOC: Jason C.
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
31 Jul 2019 14:55 #26 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Hello.
Can someone send a Physician to check on Master Cantor? I’m concerned he may be a danger to himself or others and I am not near enough to the proper to do so myself.

In service,

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03), Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
31 Jul 2019 18:29 #27 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Hello.
Just a bit of book keeping here, apologies for writing on your... thing here~

Remember; Apologies are acceptable recompense for calamitous events.

Remember; have Jarden beat Darius in Honor combat.

Remember; have Merik shill some potatoes.

Remember; to have Jarden go gather wood later.

Remember; have Andre go buy shrimp.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03), Mantel (sigma-j), Ephrem (bamore62), Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
31 Jul 2019 18:54 #28 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic Hello.
Dear Eden Heimdall,

The effects of the "one who was you" are now rectified.
Punishments given justly should always redress the crimes committed.
Those actions that were done by the "one who was once you" have been justly redressed by the stripping of your previous power. You have paid the price for those crimes and, since the crimes have been redressed with the return of existence to the state previous to the effects of those actions, you are no longer culpable for those crimes in your "new" self.
Please do not return to those crimes. You have been given a second chance, a chance that others who well deserve a second chance did not have. Do not waste this gift by a return to your former self, but cherish and use this gift wisely and for the good of all. Remember that using evil means to accomplish a good goal was the error that you fell into; use your knowledge of the truth of your former path to forge a new one in which good means are used rather than evil.
Follow the Light in truth and virtue. Seek for the common good, not the greater good at the expense of evil means. Be kind, be just, be good. Love. All these will lead to a better world for you, for your father, and for others.
This is what I can offer you in your new life.
If you wish to speak further, I would be more than happy with you to sit, break bread, speak and listen.

Yours in the Light.

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27)
31 Jul 2019 21:02 #29 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Hello.
Eden,

Please do not take any of my brashness, hostility or avoidance as a personal offense toward... well... the new you. Under "your" regime, you destroyed me. Physically, mentally and spiritually; there was virtually nothing left. You took my loved ones, my memories, my willpower, my everything. After everything returned to normal, the bonds I made with most were gone. I lost my loved ones once again.

Despite all of this, I as a Knight, am sworn to protect this realm. That includes you. Should you need aid, just ask it of me. Should you need protection, just ask it.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
31 Jul 2019 23:55 #30 by Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf)
Replied by Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf) on topic Hello.
Eden,
I knew the old you, and I hope I get the chance to get to know this you. You have a potential now that is similar if not stronger than the potential you had then. I believe that you are still capable of doing great things and should be allowed to make the effort to be better than your previous self. That being said, while this mostly goes without saying, if anyone has an issue with you being around or is outright unwilling to give you the opportunity to be a good person, they will also have to deal with me. I chose to be your champion and protect you before, so if you should wish it, I would be more than willing to do so again.
~Raine G. Darkmore

~Raine G. Darkmore
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.854 seconds