Hello.

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
01 Aug 2019 01:25 - 01 Aug 2019 13:54 #31 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Hello.
Hjolda, so many of your friends and foes have written things before I finally was able to find the words I wanted to say.

Eden Heimdell. I had forgiven you even before the battle to defeat you was over. I understood why you acted as you had. All alone in the world, seeing someone you loved irreparably harmed by a human and flawed father. Given that we both care for the one who was hurt so very much, it would be hypocritical of me to say I cannot understand your reaction.

The day of your defeat, the day I told your sister I loved her, we talked about the impulse to be a better person, and how this made humans strong in a way the perfects didn't understand at first. It seems you have learned this lesson as well. I would walk this path towards a better self, and a better person with you, and guide you if you would listen, and offer a hand up if you stumble. I am walking the path myself, after all.

I gave you a chance because I understood you. But more than that, because I had promised your sister I would. Even after you slew her and consumed her, I kept my word to her. I was asked to save them all, and I contributed as much as I could to ensure that such a thing happened. I cannot claim much of the credit, truthfully, but every action I took from the moment I made that promise until it was kept the night of our final battle was an attempt to uphold it.

Your sister was made whole and mighty by the esper Mercy a creature of second chances and, well, mercy. I had to show the same to you, and I wanted to. To this day my outlook on foes of Travance has been changed because of the lengths I saw my fellow companions go to to save you and your family.

I will not gainsay those that hate you, for their hate is understandable. But should any of them attempt to strike you down, and void the second chance you have been given, they shall face my blade. Such is my promise to you.

It is funny. From the moment I met you in the snow, standing beside your brother beneath a parasol, I wanted to prove the worth of humanity to you. That we weren't as insects, and mattered. I hope that with the second chance you were given, and the friendship and time I offer, you might learn such a thing from me.

I remain yours in service, Honor, and friendship,

Grimkjell Eirson

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
Last edit: 01 Aug 2019 13:54 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings). Reason: Grammar fix
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Mantel (sigma-j), Jenn Cutter (Jenn), Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
01 Aug 2019 01:53 #32 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Hello.
He speaks the truth, young Heimdell.

At the start of the June Feast where your past life laid claim over the... well, everything. I was, to my knowledge, among very few outspoken voices working to save all your family--all of your family. Including you. (There were many, I am sure. I presume most had simply fallen silent, speaking in whispers, by the time I became involved.)

Throughout the town, there were whispers of murder, of horrible things the townsfolk wished to do to you. I met with several of your then-champions in secret, trying to find a way not only to save your siblings whom you had consumed in your greed. But also you.

We had a method to save all but you, at the time. We... also had at least two methods to utterly destroy you. The town was mostly satisfied with these plans and was to move forward with them upon your arrival, which we knew to be only a few hours off at the time. The town chose your family over you. Your Champion, Raine Darkmore, however, had divined a small hope in a true all-save method, and I was determined to help him find it.

Most townsfolk I spoke to on that day, I have yet to mend terms with. Posing the idea of saving you along with your siblings? I was worse than a traitor in many's eyes... And after what [strike]happened[/strike] you did upon the next noon? I don't blame them.

For the five years following, I hid among the crew of Ludvich's Flotilla under the guise of a leper. I wrapped my glittering skin in thick rags and suffered to myself. I watched from the shadows for five years, out of fear that if any of my friends--your Champions at the time--had awoken among us, that they surely would have been executed by the mob.

These were the real fears we faced for those long years, merely by supporting your existence as a being--even while with every breath we all cursed a pox upon your fallacious ideas of "Perfection" and "Unity." I hoped and prayed to my twelve dead gods that I would find those who arrived through time first, and gift your supporters the second chance I had thought we had failed to give you and your family.

Ser Grimkjell Eirson, Sir Pendarvin of the Heargen Clan was the only genuine ally among the townsfolk I found in that last day before you created the "Perfect" World.
He believed in your redemption. I'm glad you finally got that Second Chance, after all these years.

And I hope you gain a mighty friendship in him.

--Mantel Warrane

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf)
02 Aug 2019 15:38 #33 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Hello.
Justice demands that punishments already levied are atonement once served. Let us not speak anymore on the past, as I remember everything. those in the underground, those in the city, and those at sea. That I was not there to protect some of you is still a great pain to me. Even good whisky will not wash it away, so I'll use it to find ways to protect more people.

I offer three gifts to you- all gifts of instruction. The First is instruction in how my people work. How to be merry, how to treasure family. The Second is how Justice is supposed to work- what it is and is not. The Third is how to not act like a fool so you do not repeat yourself.

I'm no mighty Knight, or great Paladin, or haughty Noble. I'm just a Hooligan of my people.

-Donny

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Ephrem (bamore62)
04 Aug 2019 18:31 #34 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Hello.
Are you preaching? Distasteful.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
  • Naranbaatar Aiki
  • Will generally just drink tea and eat sashimi
  • Thank Yous: 158
04 Aug 2019 21:27 - 04 Aug 2019 21:27 #35 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Replied by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi) on topic Hello.
NOT AIKI
Hello Travance.

Remember the seeds you planted.
Remember what bore fruit to your twisted ambitions.
Remember what was sacrificed to gain a new hope.
Most of all remember who still is around to keep you all in check.
I would be most delighted if we continued to remain such great friends.

Prometheus

Naranbaatar Aiki
Squire to Count Sebastian Everest, Warden of Kormyre
Former Warlord Castellan to Corvencia
Legionnaire Commander, Kormyrian Army
"In service to the people"

OOG Name: Robert "Ira" Torres [MARSHAL]
Last edit: 04 Aug 2019 21:27 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Seth (Kurteth), Jenn Cutter (Jenn)
04 Aug 2019 21:43 #36 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Hello.
Prometheus,

I am mindful. Feel free to speak with me if there are concerns you have.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
05 Aug 2019 15:21 #37 by Jenn Cutter (Jenn)
Replied by Jenn Cutter (Jenn) on topic Hello.
Eden,
There was a time when I considered you my enemy. There was a time when I helped create a poison to take away your powers. There was a time where I attacked you, cursed your name, and hated you. I won't deny any of that. That is our past. But I also never gave up the hope that you could be saved; even in our final battle, I made sure your family had a chance to say if they wanted you to be saved. The you that I have met the last few months is so obviously different from the version of you I hated. As far as I'm concerned, you are a different person. And I look forward to getting to know you better. You have nothing to fear from me.

Prometheus,
You and your family are welcome in Albriar. My home there is open to all of you whenever you come to visit.

To those who wish Eden ill,
I will not sit here and try to explain why you shouldn't attack her or feel hatred. Or to explain why I don't feel that way. You are well within your rights to feel that hatred and I am well within my rights to not feel that way. Feel free to come to me in person if you would like to discuss either my feelings or yours. But, the law is the law and as a subject of Albriar/Kormyre, she is protected by our laws.

Dr. Selby Wainwright
Viceroy of Albriar
Quartermaster of the Blood Spirits Mercenary Company
Acting Guildmaster of the Travancian Crafters Guild

OOG Jenn Cutter
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.594 seconds