~Message to all who called Mercy home~

30 Mar 2016 17:31 #31 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
Mr. Lafleur,

You were there. You know the reason it happened. Our home disappeared out from under our feet because the dragon attacked Her. Please leave us alone.

-Midori Suarez,
Mercy's Daughter

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
30 Mar 2016 18:14 #32 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
M. Aldric,

I 'old respect for yer tact i' this issue, and apologize for my misgivings. 'Owever, I stand by me words to those more meddling and less understandin' Valosians above who would judge these poor lost souls, and seek to doll punishment undue after their ordeal.

Give 'em chance to do as they will, 'ere in Travance. Let 'em make of 'emselves, and should any damage come upon another party, I'll gladly tally a personal debt equating the damages fro' meself to the 'armed party, or their closest heir.

An' to clarify, I'm not from Mercy, meself. I sailed with ye to Amanthyre, if ye recall, though I'd forgive yer forgetfulness on the basis of yer sickness. I, too, was struck ill on the voyage, which further accounts for yer memory. I merely stand wi' the Mercians, as fellows borne from the foam anew, as I too ha'e been before.

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
30 Mar 2016 19:07 #33 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
To any who have come from Mercy,

This transition is clearly difficult, and trying. The nature of travance, and the actions of some people may make it more so. If you ever find yourselves in need of someone to talk to, or a safe place, please feel free to come find me. I am most often found at the Kaladonia Altar space or the Kitchens.

No matter how bad things get, remember - where there is life, there is hope.

Caldor

P.S. I disapprove of this attempted questioning of all new arrivals. To my knowledge we have removed the laws that required that of the most questionable of citizens, and thus there is no reason for it to be applied to a group of randomly assorted new arrivals. Though, if you insist on questioning in the name of your god, I suggest you subject yourself to questioning first, so that we can be assured that your intentions and words are true.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
30 Mar 2016 20:20 #34 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
We no longer live in such an abominable age as to submit our friends and townsmembers to interrogations based solely on where they once resided or any superficial characteristic. Gentlemen, your ambitions may be noble, but that action would be anything but.

-Sgt. Nalick DeMonteforte

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
30 Mar 2016 20:39 #35 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
If any of the Traveling Families were... displaced by this island, know that there is a place for you in the settlement of Inovar. It is predominantly made of the Kin, and there are many there who will help you find your feet again. Ask for Sergei Petsho. I will see to it you have a home again.

-Sergei Petsho

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
31 Mar 2016 02:18 #36 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
The Laws of the Barony no longer mandate Confession for categories of subjects, that ended years ago. I do preform the rite for those who wish the solace and counsel of Confession, however.

Furthermore, I can and will use Valos' Confession on any found breaking the Law, so as to facilitate the speed of them receiving Justice. If you do not break the Law, you will never see me act in that capacity.

My apologies Master Luxueil, I did indeed forget. I was rather... indisposed... on the voyage. Whether you realize it or not, you are demanding Justice for those refugees and in so doing are speaking for Valos himself.

May He bless your work in his name.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
31 Mar 2016 09:02 #37 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
I did not advocate to brutally interrogate any man rescued from the accursed isle of Mercy.

I advocated that you, good servants of the King of Kormyre and the Lord Valos, take caution and find what lies in the hearts of men that were trapped on this island.

I warned you, that amongst the society that existed on the island there was a faction of creatures and abominations that walked amongst a demon and worshiped him. Their group was large and many of the men you welcome into the King's land now hail from those demon worshiping cannibals.

Those men ranged from petty criminals to those with the blackest of hearts that praise the gods of torment, murder and chaos and most bear that brand willingly.

I said nothing of interrogation, I think you are misconstruing my words. I said vet these men that appeared before you from the sea. Find out what kind of men they are, what truly lies in their hearts before you allow them to walk freely in your lands and lay their heads near your own, for some of them certainly have ill intentions.

Believing all men's ways will change because of a few hours in "the foam" is naive. Some may, perhaps the Lord Valos spoke to them in their trial as he did to me. I cannot say who else has embraced the light.

This is why I said offer them confession. This is a holy rite, not some form of torture. Allow the godly men who have seen the light, the Lord Valos and patron father of the Kingdom of Kormyre and Coast Haven, to bear their soul before an ordained priest. You all seem to believe this is an invasive and torturous ordeal. Bearing one's sins before the father is righteous, just, and will lighten thy soul so it might rise to the heavens when you finally bear witness in judgement before Galladel the Keeper.

I am first among those to seek the holy ordained priest of the Lord Valos. We are all men, born in sin, there is always something to alleviate from our burdened souls.

Let the light illuminate the truth brothers,

In Service to Valos,
Confessor Juan De La Cruz Velasquez

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
31 Mar 2016 11:57 #38 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
In Travance there are many who take the shortcut path to power by promising themselves to dark powers. Some get writs, some do not. In any case only Galladell may judge them, but to enforce Law is the duty of every subject. If any give cause to have their actions scrutinized, they will be investigated.

Master Velazquez, I am ever available for Holy Confession, I am to be found at the Armory Chapel or patrolling the Proper during Feasts. Until then, may your path always be illumined by His Light.

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
31 Mar 2016 12:33 #39 by Mantel (sigma-j)
I spake upon me own thoughts an' them alone.

If'n it be some god happens to be of accord, 'tis 'is business an' none o' mine. I'm just a sailor. What goes on abo'e and beyond me is none my concern. Tho' I respect your commitment.

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
31 Mar 2016 21:36 - 31 Mar 2016 21:49 #40 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
***Not Caelvan***

Some do not "take the shortcut path to power by promising themselves to dark powers". Some choose to embrace the message because they see value and truth in it. Even when not "seeking power".

-Z'Hade Enam Merikh Tahzam

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 31 Mar 2016 21:49 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Mantel (sigma-j)
31 Mar 2016 22:22 #41 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
There are many paths to dark power Merikh, the Dark Gods are not the only powers I refer to, I can also speak of Demons, criminal elements and the Blighted. As well we can speak of the insidiousness of giving over to Apathy, and its dark hold over those benighted by its lures.

That one would serve as an agent to any of these is a detriment to us all. But, leave the theology to a private missive if you must debate this, I do not want to distract from their efforts to organize the refugees.

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 Mar 2016 23:45 #42 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
Confessor Velasquez,

Certainly, some former Mercy residents may bear ill intent, but asking would-be criminals to come forward voluntarily for questioning seems foolhardy, to say the least. Perhaps my misinterpretation stemmed from the fact that the questioning would need to be compulsory in order to be effective. Therein lies my adamant opposition.

Under the laws of this Kingdom, any survivors of Mercy who still reside here, are her subjects and they will be treated as such. So long as the laws are obeyed, let there be no reason to act unduly toward our new friends.

-Father Nalick DeMonteforte

01 Apr 2016 00:16 #43 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
They were just trying to survive because the rest of us made them live on the dangerous side of the wall.

-Midori Suarez
Mercy's Daughter

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Lake
  • Thank Yous: 48
01 Apr 2016 09:32 #44 by Lake (LakeHunter)
Replied by Lake (LakeHunter) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
[A parchment is tacked to the board by a nervous looking, young peasant girl who seems to take a few minutes to read the other notes before moving on back down the rainy road]

Dear Citizens,

I am a scholar from the destroyed island of Mercy. It is true, many of the things being attested to by the good Faustians, followers of Valos as they are. They were quite plainly the only volunteers to defend our tiny scratch of civilization from constant savagery. I would weigh their words more heavily than many of the others.

Valos was not a deity which was known to me before their example was shown, apart from a bookish understanding, that is.

I am grateful for their efforts and even in subduing me when I was possessed by dark magic and under the spell of the hateful Teligrim. I must find a way to repay them for the injury which I caused to their company in this time.

Scholar Octavia, If she lives will likely know how to find me. Though, I am a private person, so please don't come uninvited. My runner will take any letters you may have to me. I've given her coin for a room at the Inn. If you have work for her, she will do a fine job. She is very clever.

Yours,
Gollenus Un'doliant Om'arllian

[Craig Edward O.]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
01 Apr 2016 17:22 #45 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
Faustian Inquisitors,

Be careful. There are those of this town who barter in the souls and trade that which is not theirs to give. If they don't like you they will try and sacrifice you to the ocean. Be well my brothers, I will be in touch shortly.

Captain Bartimaeus Gem.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
02 Apr 2016 00:41 #46 by Mantel (sigma-j)
This dinnae sit well wi' me. What a scurvy proposition; a wasteful destruction of manly potential, to be thrown to Sea with no purpose, before the Foam is ready t'admin'ster exam.

Disgusting.

Cap'n Gem, be't as it may, I tally several ethical debtors among the Faustians, but in this partic'lar circumstance, I'd gladly hoist an oar to ensure tha' these misguided folk be given Chance ta patch their crooked views an' make use o' themselves, i'stead of meddling in others' trade.

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

02 Apr 2016 03:03 #47 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Seriously, still stirring up false rumors Gem? I thought we settled the last round of dire and untrue allegations you had on arriving to Travance, which if I recall was only a few months ago. Do you truly have nothing better to do?

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
02 Apr 2016 13:20 #48 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Nothing I said was untrue. Ya Kormyrian fleshsacs are daft and don't listen. Then again Templar of Valos, if I recall you also said that all I deserved for being assaulted was an apology. Try to warn ya'll: get told to shut up. Try to help with my old boss: get offered up into slavery. Try to keep my fellowmen informed to how you folk are out for yourselves and pick n choose who to you'll throw under the caravans or not ar a whim. You are the bottom of the barrel of the scum of valosians. Flouting the law. You are doing Malycs work. Here's some advice: when people try n help: accept it. Because right now you the worst guardsmen and valosian ive ever met.

Further more I offer to submit myself to question and torture just to get this shyte cleric to shut his facehole and prove my words true.

Captain Bartimaeus Gem

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Sky Marshal

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
02 Apr 2016 14:02 #49 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Nothings been done to you, nor will there, you are beneath notice really. However making accusations without basis is not only impolite, but can begin to become misleading for others. You were not offered into slavery, you were not thrown under a caravan.

I met you, asked about the ridiculous nonsense you were spouting about Khitanese and then introduced you to the Warlord to make your offer of assistance to the Barony, known to her.

As to the assault, I offered you healing, which you refused, and questioned the bedouin, and witnesses. I investigated and found ample witness accounts to the effect that you provoked the incident with the bedouin, deliberately spitting water in his presence. I was of the opinion at that time that you knew the offense that would be perceived as, and were hoping he attacked you. I requested him to apologize to you, to which he agreed with promises to avoid you in future. You refused his apology. That was the end of it as far as I was concerned. Please do not make yourself out to be some martyr, every effort was made to accommodate you.

If you have further complaints, message Knight Captain Magnus.

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
02 Apr 2016 14:14 #50 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Really? Im pretty sure the Admiral witnessed the town trying to sell me into slavery. Isnt that right Lord Tartaros?

Captain Bartimaeus Gem

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Sky Marshal

02 Apr 2016 14:20 #51 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
If the Lord Admiral is a witness, he has every right and authority to pursue the matter. The Guardsman's authority is subordinate to his depending on where and when this supposedly happened.

If you would like to press charges against the specific individual involved, we can take your statement and pursue the matter. However stating "The Town" did it, is not specific enough, nor accurate enough to pursue.

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
02 Apr 2016 16:12 #52 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
It was the same person who assaulted me. He then assaulted me three more times, and the following day attempted to sell me onto slavery. I would request that someone other than this fleshsac who arbitrarily seems to hate Captain-Gem-Shaped-Objects deal with this. Then again since my help isnt wanted as the TEMPLAR stated: as Im beneath notice, then I guess it doesnt matter if I do go back to the Sea Witch or maybe even see if Evernight wants Coast Havens help.

Captain Bartimaeus Gem

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Sky Marshal

• Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
02 Apr 2016 16:24 #53 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Ay, this is why I hate bein' ashore. Too many crew to keep account of, all wif their own wishes, ideals, and disgusts.

Can't e'en pledge to a half-respe'table cause ashore. Always someone willin' to twist it about.

Ta the Mercians: If ye too need some fresh air, I'll be down by the docks. I'd been b'low decks fer the majority of our voy'ge, and would revel to ha' the chance to meet you an' help ye get acclimated--whether the subject of yer acclimation be here, or abroad. I've been all around the coasts to our West, as far as Crownhurst. I'm sure ye can find what yer lookin' for. Jest pack up th'essentials and let the Sea carry ye to yer Destiny.

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

02 Apr 2016 22:54 #54 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
If you are interested in Justice now, after waiting several months after the crime to report it, then I wish you well, and will no longer be involved in dealings with you.

Perhaps you could, as I already suggested, send a note with your complaint to the Knight Captain?

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
02 Apr 2016 23:28 #55 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Naw. Reported it at the time. Nothing was done. Im sure if i looked like someone else ya woulda jumped like ravenous dogs to punish the vagrant. Ill do your job for you. If i get assaulted again, i'm just going to kill them. Bob was nice. He knows how the law should be handled. I'll work with Bob. The rest of ya can suck eggs.

Captain Bartimaeus Gem

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Sky Marshal

02 Apr 2016 23:53 #56 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Well then good evening, I think you have written enough now that no one will get any mistaken ideas about Travance. Thank you for your cooperation.

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

OOG - David McCormick.
03 Apr 2016 01:20 #57 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
Replied by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
May I kindly request that, unless you have something that pertains to Mercy or her inhabitants, you all just shove off and deal with this matter in person rather than through passive aggressive public notices?

This grouping of posts is specifically meant for those of Mercy to contact one another and receive aid from our new neighbors. It is not the place for such petty arguments over matters long sense past or to raise query on vetting all those who seek asylum within this settlement of Heroes.

If anyone is in need of basic medical help or wishes to converse regarding their transition, please do not hesitate to contact me by Raven while I tend to the wounded in Pandarvin.

The Insightful, Knight of Pendarvin
OOG: Joe Glaser | Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Wili (), Ikari Shizen (NarayanU), Mantel (sigma-j)
04 Apr 2016 19:57 #58 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
I mean no disrespect but the Doctor makes a decent point. I did post the original notice to gather the Arzans and let them know my services are theirs should they need it. I would be appreciative if any other business could be either posted separately or communicated in private.

Thank you,

O. Nesterin
Tirisindë
Member of the Druids Conclave

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Midori Suarez (krykit)
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
04 Apr 2016 23:12 - 04 Apr 2016 23:13 #59 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic ~Message to all who called Mercy home~
Survivors of Mercy, I would still like to hold that memorial, or more fitting, perhaps a celebration of Mercy. Would you like Friday night, or Saturday morning/afternoon?

Those of Travance that offered to join in, I ask for your input as well

-Robert "Dirge" Morgan

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 23:13 by Tom P (Father Ridigan).
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Apr 2016 23:23 #60 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Andorra have mercy on us that this reminder is necessary. In addition to basic morality and decency, murder is against the laws of the Barony and any who commit that vile act will be subject to the highest tier of punishment offered.

I would invite all Azrans--and Travancians too, while we're at it--to have a member of the Guard escort them to the Baronial Library to learn more about the laws and the Barony in general.

-Sgt. Nalick DeMonteforte

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ikari Shizen (NarayanU)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.693 seconds