The Pirate Accords of 1217

24 Jul 2017 23:54 - 25 Jul 2017 00:01 #1 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
The Pirate Accords of 1217 was created by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Let me start out by saying I truly love Travance. I have made Travance my home away from the sea. It has provided a place for my brothers and I who started from nothing build a business empire. It has been the place where my crew and I have grown and strengthened our bond, and it has been the place I have made many friends. Though this may prove an utterly shocking and entirely unforeseen announcement to some, I am, in fact, a pirate. I sail the oceans with my crew and rob from corrupt, vicious, vile companies and people. Lately I had taken up work with the Kormyrian Navy as a Privateer Commodore using my skills of sailing and thieving in order to aid Travance and her allies. The work I do is much the same, yet for some reason in Travance I am hushed and told to use the word "privateer". Friends, I have seen trolls eat fallen enemies, torturers work on the guard, evil and corrupt officials serve in high stations, and now we have allied ourselves with a Litch, yet you balk to hear the word "pirate?" I will no longer hide this ill-kept secret of mine. And it is my hope that you will respect me and still see me as your friend and ally.

It is with this announcement that I present the Pirate Accords of 1217. It is a code of conduct for those who sail the oceans in search of treasure and glory. The laws of Travance will not be broken by my ship the Night Harrier. The ships of Travance and her allies are still under my protection. These accords are for those brave enough to call themselves buccaneers, pirates, and privateers to organize ourselves, strengthen each other, and hopefully start working together as a unified body.

For those of you who are about to be up in arms over this posting. I promise you I am not here to step on anyone's feet. I'm not here to rob you. I'm not here to take your power. I'm not here to start a fight. I seek only to organize a base of people in Travance the way the Witch Hunters have their meetings, the Druids conclave has theirs, the Mages guild has theirs, the churches of light and dark have theirs. I truly hope this to be a good thing for Travamce.

Cheers! And without further ado I present the Pirate Accords of 1217 as laid out by Cade Tanwyn, Captain of the Night Harrier and running for first Pirate King.

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 00:01 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
24 Jul 2017 23:59 - 25 Jul 2017 00:29 #2 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Article One: Court Functions
Working Jobs
. -a member of the court shall not attack another member of the court unless a duel has been declared.
-Jobs provided by the Court are subject to provide the court a fee the leading captain feels is fair. Captains are obligated to split the spoils with their crews in a fair and just way.
*Pirates are free to work independent jobs separate from their crews and from the court. Those jobs are not obligated to have the spoils cut with their crews or with the court.
*Captains are allowed to do independent jobs separate from the court. Those jobs are also not obligated to be cut with the court. However the captain is still obligated to cut their goods fairly with their crew.
Court Royalty
-Only the Pirate King/Queen or a majority vote from the Pirate Lords on the Council can declare war.
-Only the Pirate King/Queen or majority vote from the Pirate Lords on the council has the power to declare open hunting season on a target whether they be a nation, a corporation, crew, or an individual.
-When an open hunting season has been declared all targets are fair game. Any means may be used to hunt, rob, sink, and otherwise harm said targets.
-The Pirate King is elected once a year. They may be reelected the following year. After serving for 2 consecutive years they must take a year off. They are of course, still a Pirate Lord for life.
*Only the Pirate King/Queen can nominate a Pirate Captain to become a Lord. a vote is then held amongst the current serving Lords. All Lords will be given a chance to speak for our against the nominated Captain.
*The Pirate Lords serve for life.
*Only the Pirate King/Queen can call forth a vote to strip a Pirate Lord of their title.
*Only a Pirate King/Queen can call forth a vote to banish a Captain.
-Every August the Pirate King/Queen shall host a feast to honor the court and for the court to celebrate their leader.
-Every October the nominations for the Pirate King/Queen will be chosen with the election being held in December. Only Captains and up can vote for the position of King/Queen.

Article Two: A Pirates relationship to their crew.
Crime
-If a prisoner requests a parlay they are to be brought before the Captain and not harmed until the conclusion of the parlay.
*Mutineers cannot request a parlay. They will not be shown mercy.
* Disciplinary action against a pirate shall fall to their captain. Unless the grievance has caused too large a stir within the court. In that case a trial shall be held with the Pirate King/Queen acting as judge and the Pirate Lords as Jury.
*If a crew member has serious issue with their captain or first mate they can request the Pirate King/Queen to advocate for them.
Ship Life
-Disagreements amongst crew are to be settled by the Captain or first mate. If a the two feuding parties do not accept the conclusion they are to hold off on further escalating said disagreement till they reach land.
*Once on land they settle their disagreement with a duel.
*Seconds are to be chosen to make sure the duel is fair. And If one of the parties is currently injured or not a confident fighter they may choose a champion of roughly equal seasons to their opponent.
-Each privateer is responsible for the weapons, crafting supplies, and casting supplies. All shall be in necessary working order at a moment's notice.
-A Captain has the right to create their own rules and laws to govern their own ship with their crews confidence.

Article III- The Pirate Court’s Mission
-Freedom: The Pirate Court values freedom above all else. Freedom for all races, genders, sexualites, and relgions. We are a free people and we wish to fight to free other people.
*Slavery, and necromancy which is the greatest form of slavery, is not to be tolerated.We will stand as a force to be feared by those who enslave the bodies and minds of free people.
*If a member of the court decides they wish to work directly with a land through vassalship they are free to do so.
*If a member desires to work directly with a fellow organization such as a guild, business, or the Barony they are free to do so.
--Treasure: While some guilds operate in the darkness with the majority of their spoils being taken by the leadership we operate on the open seas dividing up our treasure fairly.
*The acclamation of wealth is the most tangible goal of the Pirate Court. Freedom is an ideal and hard to measure. Treasure is a visible sign of success.
*One’s value to the court shall not be measured strictly on numerical treasure. It takes more than good thievery to be a great pirate.
-Reputation: the final goal of the Pirate Court is to spread the reputation and story of the Pirate Court.Our power does not lie in our numbers or our weapons but the fear of our reputations.
*More than holding back a cut of loot or secretly practicing necromancy the greatest crime a member of the court can commit is hurting the reputation of the court.
* Each Pirate Lord must be a legendary pirate. And each Captain that becomes a member must be actively working on culminating their own epic story.
*The court is here to assist the captains in placing themselves within the pages of history.

These Accords have been written and signed by Cade Tanwyn, Captain of the Night Harrier and hopefully the first Pirate King.

Signed by Osprey, First Mate of the Night Harrier
Signed by Magpie, Sailing Master of the Night Harrier
Signed by Larrick and by Snow Black Water, prospects of the Night Harrier

Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 00:29 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Terzak (TheArchMage), Magpie (thatreference), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
25 Jul 2017 00:28 #3 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
I know necromancers who have done more for Travance, this Kingdom, and it's People in the last six months than you've done in your entire life.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
25 Jul 2017 00:34 #4 by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
Replied by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Cousin, it is good to see someone in this town take action based on their beliefs and work towards them to the degree in which you have done, regardless of what others have to say about it. While not a pirate myself, I fully support your cause.

Garlan Tanwyn

OOG: Sam P.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn), Osprey (Osprey)
25 Jul 2017 00:34 #5 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
I'm glad you're friends with nice Necromancers. I think it's great that you've been able to see them help out Travance. Hopefully this union of puckish sailors and dashing swashbucklers will also be able to help our strange little town.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
  • Starling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 113
25 Jul 2017 00:49 #6 by Starling (starling)
Replied by Starling (starling) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
I wonder if you know what a Lich actually is, since you seem to lack the knowledge of how to spell it.

And perhaps you will oblige me a question: if it is evil to enslave the bodies and minds of free people, how does that compare to selling their souls? Is that permissible under these so-called Articles? Or are those people that you will fight to free as well?

Squire to Lord Angelica Tellinghast
Viceroy of Drega'mire

OOG: Alice Bryson
Marshal, New Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cara Easton (Raeelle), Kestrel (Kestrel)
25 Jul 2017 00:57 #7 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Starling, it seems like you have a personal problem with me and not with what I've proposed here. So while I recognize your personal vendetta with me has a lot of merit I'd prefer you take it up with me and not flood this public thread with it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
25 Jul 2017 01:01 - 25 Jul 2017 01:02 #8 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Actually, Cade, her comment has merit to be stated here. You have declared yourself in the running for first Pirate King, but also stated that your guild will not abide necromancy or slavery. As you yourself have sold people into slavery, and necromatic slavery at that, that should automatically and forever disqualify you from being "king".

Marshal
Card Staff
Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 01:02 by Cara Easton (Raeelle).
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
25 Jul 2017 01:02 #9 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
If you wish to sail under the Black Flag, then by all means, you do so without the support of the Navy or Kormyre.

Cade Tanwyn, you are hereby discharged from your duty as a Commodore of the Navy. I hope you both learn what piracy actually entails, and truly rethink your decisions here.

I can't help but feel betrayed after the letters and discussions we had exchanged. I had such high hopes for you.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
25 Jul 2017 01:03 - 25 Jul 2017 01:11 #10 by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
Replied by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217

I know necromancers who have done more for Travance, this Kingdom, and it's People in the last six months than you've done in your entire life.

I believe that this is referred to as ad hominem, or attacking the person, in which you try and discredit my cousin Cade by simply insulting him.

I wonder if you know what a Lich actually is, since you seem to lack the knowledge of how to spell it.

This appears to also follow the same approach as an ad hominem.

Should we discredit those around us for simply suggesting new ideas? Should we discredit those who simply wish to try new things, even if they are less experienced than others?

While what Cade is suggesting may not be part of the current status quo or a flawless idea that will change the world, he is certainly not harming anyone. If anything, a formal organization of pirates allows for more regulation and control over what they do. We should try and promote discussions that work to improve this idea or, if the discussion takes another path, to scrap it in favor of a better one. However, as far as I can see, there has been no effort made to do such a thing, only to single out and belittle a man who I know has given as much if not more than the average person for this town.

Garlan Tanwyn

OOG: Sam P.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 01:11 by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Terzak (TheArchMage), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn), Osprey (Osprey)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
25 Jul 2017 01:08 #11 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Big words to come from the walking dead itself! Tell me again how you are morally against the powers I have so graciously granted you. I can end your insignificant existence at any moment.

Careful not to breach your contract, Albatross. You've signed in blood.

[oog: the paper is stained with salt water and lacks a signature. instead, a cursed and decaying Black Spot sits at the bottom. It seems like a really really bad idea to touch it.]

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Osprey
  • Thank Yous: 12
25 Jul 2017 01:08 #12 by Osprey (Osprey)
Replied by Osprey (Osprey) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
As it happens, I'll take the credit for misspelling "Lich," Starling, mercifully this was the first time I'd ever found reason to mention one in writing.
And, speaking as someone deeply concerned with both freedom and souls, an enthusiastically consenting person who decides to sell their own soul of their own volition has only themselves to blame. Religious sorts do it all the time. It's a stupid decision, but that doesn't really reflect on the morality of the matter.

Osprey
First Mate of the Night Harrier

OOG - Evin H.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
  • Magpie
  • Thank Yous: 21
25 Jul 2017 01:09 #13 by Magpie (thatreference)
Replied by Magpie (thatreference) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
I do believe those who sacrificed their souls in Albatross' name did so of their own free will. It does not infringe on the morals and ideals of the Pirate Accords.

Magpie
Sailing Master of the Night Harrier
OOG Riza A.
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn), Osprey (Osprey)
25 Jul 2017 01:19 #14 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)

Aleister wrote: If you wish to sail under the Black Flag, then by all means, you do so without the support of the Navy or Kormyre.

Cade Tanwyn, you are hereby discharged from your duty as a Commodore of the Navy. I hope you both learn what piracy actually entails, and truly rethink your decisions here.

I can't help but feel betrayed after the letters and discussions we had exchanged. I had such high hopes for you.

I've never been fired before. That's pretty exciting. I had high hopes for us as well. I had hoped we were becoming friends. If we can only get Belegchand to comment then I'll have Dregamire disapproval bingo. It's clear I was never part of your land. And by the party you three are having taking a collective shit on my reputation and my idea it's abundantly clear I was right. Trying to organize a disenfranchised group of people in this land and focus their efforts in a constructive direction is a good idea. It's clear Dregamires issue is with me for some reason and not the idea itself.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
  • Osprey
25 Jul 2017 01:31 #15 by Osprey (Osprey)
It seems pertinent to mention that I don't see piracy expressly forbidden anywhere within the laws of Travance.

Also, Cara, if you have such support for necromancers and all the good they have apparently done for Travance, you criticizing Cade on the grounds that they have allegedly engaged in some sort of necromancy seems a straw man argument.

Osprey

OOG - Evin H.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
25 Jul 2017 01:40 - 25 Jul 2017 01:41 #16 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
I was merely pointing out that if the accords state explicitly that slavery and necromancy are evil and against the beliefs of your guild, ENGAGING in these things should automatically disqualify them from leading or holding a position of Power. At no point did I counter my first post, I only pointed out hypocrisy of the rules laid forth by Cade, which Starling attempted to point out.

Marshal
Card Staff
Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 01:41 by Cara Easton (Raeelle).
25 Jul 2017 01:44 - 25 Jul 2017 04:03 #17 by Snow Blackwater ()
Replied by Snow Blackwater () on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
I never knew a sea witch (pardon me if I am wrong with what you are) would be reading a few pieces of paper on land, do you read all of them or just know what Albatross does at all times?

Snow Blackwater
Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 04:03 by Snow Blackwater ().
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Osprey
25 Jul 2017 01:50 #18 by Osprey (Osprey)
I know of no instance where Cade has engaged in necromancy, and I doubt that they would knowingly, as the very notion of it is abhorrent to them, however even assuming these accusations were true, your own Lord Tartaros has told me in no uncertain terms that he has committed countless murders and atrocities. Do you therefore consider him unfit to enforce laws against the same crimes? Do you consider him a hypocrite or an unjust ruler? If hypocrisy is so unforgivable a crime to you, your anger may be misdirected.

Osprey

OOG - Evin H.
25 Jul 2017 01:50 - 25 Jul 2017 01:51 #19 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Cousin, thank you for your noble defense of my character and my idea. I appreciate your well thought out words. It is clear you bested their fallacies as they have yet to engage with you. Osprey, as always I am deeply in love with you. Still waiting to get Dregamire bingo. We'll all hold our breaths for Belegchand to show up. Also Aleister, I recall you telling me you'd go to the very gates of hell for your vassals. I guess that was a load of horse shit. Seeing as how you knew I was a pirate when you hired me as commodore. Now that I try to organize a disenfranchised group of people in Travance and point them toward a more unified goal you abandon me? I thought you said you'd stand with me? I've broken no laws here. I see no crimes. I don't know why Travance is so set on stopping others from progressing their own goals and their own stories. I feel for poor William Sterling and his steam engine.

Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 01:51 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn).
25 Jul 2017 01:57 #20 by Snow Blackwater ()
Replied by Snow Blackwater () on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
I can verify that you did indeed know he was a pirate when you hired him. I was there when it happened.

Snow Blackwater
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn), Osprey (Osprey)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
25 Jul 2017 02:40 #21 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Judging from the assorted reactions here, I take it the picnic is off, then?

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caelvan (Caelvan), Trisana (Trisana), Terzak (TheArchMage), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
25 Jul 2017 03:21 #22 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Why does everybody always have to fight all the time? I don't really know what anybody is talking about as far as selling souls, but Mr. Albatross has always been very nice to me. Someone I know from Coast Haven always says "sailor" instead of pirate. Mr. Lord Tartaros, Sir, why does he need to be fired for using the word? Or is it something else? I'm so confused. Whatever has everybody so mad, maybe if Mr. Albatross apologizes for whatever mistakes he made, everyone can try to forgive him? I know those are both hard things to do because everybody wants to be proud and wants to believe they're right, but everybody makes mistakes. I make them a lot! That's why apologies and forgiveness are so important, and both those things can help everyone heal and learn from the past. Even if you think what you did was right, and even if you would do it the same way again if you could go back, if something you did somehow hurt someone, then sometimes an apology is the best way to show that person that you at least acknowledge their pain, and you wish it was different. And forgiving the person who hurt you helps you not have that hurty burny feeling in your chest that makes you want to do things you wouldn't normally do. I know I don't know much about what's going on that's making everybody argue, but I know that much.

-Midori Suarez
Daughter of Mercy

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Mantel (sigma-j), Snow Blackwater (), Blackfarrow (Roman64), Salix ()
25 Jul 2017 07:01 #23 by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03)
Replied by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217

Cyfihi wrote: Big words to come from the walking dead itself! Tell me again how you are morally against the powers I have so graciously granted you. I can end your insignificant existence at any moment.

Careful not to breach your contract, Albatross. You've signed in blood.

[oog: the paper is stained with salt water and lacks a signature. instead, a cursed and decaying Black Spot sits at the bottom. It seems like a really really bad idea to touch it.]

Snow Blackwater wrote: I never knew a sea witch (pardon me if I am wrong with what you are) would be reading a few pieces of paper on land, do you read all of them or just know what Albatross does at all times?

OOG: The following post is not signed by anyone. i.e anonymous.

...hmm.... that explains everything then... and to think that I moved on from that...

"Once upon a time there was a man who died. The less said the better."

IC: Ezequiel Cantor - A "Physician." Nothing more. Nothing less
OOC: Jason C.
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
25 Jul 2017 07:16 #24 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
I don't know what happened to my initial reply, but here it comes again:

Cara Tartaros - I state this without reservation - you are ill-informed on many topics upon which you vent your spleen, whether it was my instituting drawing accounts, or your presumed slight at Tari's conduct vis a vis you. We are both your superiors in accomplishments, so you have managed to gratuitously attack what on one level are your betters. Not content with that, you now attack Cade, who has probably done as much as you have for Travance, without being despised for th3e way he goes about it.

In particular, he can call himself anything he desires, save a noble or baronial title, or other positions which he has not attained. He wants to call himself pirate, fine. So long as he does not break the laws, He can call himself whatever he likes.

In addition to your bad judgement, you fail on logic as well. You believe your repartee to be full of wit, but I find it lacking by half. You do not hesitate to speak of your attainments in magic, but you do not even approach being a peer of Tari,of whose conduct, as I mentioned earlier, you spoke ill of. I kept my opinion of your rudeness to me to myself up till now, but I will state without reservation that I have forgotten more about banking, business, and making money than you know, and as many will tell you, I forget very little.

The reason I kept it to myself and did not call you on it was simple. You are not worth the time it would have taken to pen a response. However, now that you have expanded the scope of your vitriol, I took the time. Think of a buzzing fly. Until it becomes too annoying, it is not worth taking action.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage), Blackfarrow (Roman64)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
25 Jul 2017 07:37 - 25 Jul 2017 07:39 #25 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
As difficult as reading this while dyslexic and intoxicated was for me...
This is great.
Travance is great.

-"Black Rightiousness"
(Technically it's my name, I promise)

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 07:39 by Not An Assassin (Salem).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liighkaa Potrevski (Liighkaa), Solitaire (nobody2357)
  • Solitaire
  • Thank Yous: 13
25 Jul 2017 07:44 #26 by Solitaire (nobody2357)
Replied by Solitaire (nobody2357) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
All dissenting opinions I'm hearing so far are against Albatross not the accords themselves which is what I thought was to be discussed here. Whether or not Albatross should be barred from having a position of power within the court I believe should be up to the court.
As for the accords themselves, and the formation of a court I think having more rules and a system of authority is a good thing, specially for a people who traditionally embrace mayhem, and if they are willing and consenting to putting those regulations upon them selves all the better.

*Solitaire signs the accords*

Rayvn Solitaire
Bearer of the Word

Alt: Zìrras Amadán
OOG: KC Callahan
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
25 Jul 2017 07:49 - 25 Jul 2017 07:51 #27 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Cade,
I do not speak to your piracy, nor any other claims here to which my name have been thrown in. I stepped between you and that lich the first night here to help you, and to move him along. So as you declared piracy I take full responsibility for making this deal because it is was i who did, so now everyone publicly knows I made the deal with the lich for the town. I speak to you, but the offer goes for anyone else. I would like to sit down and speak with you Cade Tanwyn I do not seek your approval, nor do I even seek to change your mind. Simply an offer of a conversation and a drink so that you can perhaps ask your questions. If the rest of the town has questions, so be it but this conversation should you wish it Cade is for you and you alone.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 07:51 by Aria (Aria).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Kestrel (Kestrel)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
25 Jul 2017 07:57 - 25 Jul 2017 07:58 #28 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217

The laws of Travance will not be broken by my ship the Night Harrier. The ships of Travance and her allies are still under my protection. These accords are for those brave enough to call themselves buccaneers, pirates, and privateers to organize ourselves, strengthen each other, and hopefully start working together as a unified body.

A few thoughts from a simple priest who only seeks goodness and righteousness despite his own faults and sins:

If "the laws of Travance will not be broken," then what difference does it make as to which appellation you choose for yourselves? I see it as a step in the right direction that those who freely take to the seas agree upon a set of codes, laws, and rules - as long as they do not conflict with the laws of Travance. Perhaps more scrutiny upon this accord is needed.

Cade, would you be willing to amend these - if necessary - through negotiation with the proper authority in Travance and Kormyre? If this is to be an "accord" it must be one that exists between two parties: those who follow the code as "pirates," buccaneers, or any such name, and the government of Kormyre - if I am not mistaken. I would advise that you should seek audience with such officials to solidify your accord. This accord might actually be beneficial to the common good, if entered into prudently and with good faith.

Yours in the Light,
Father Ephrem

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 07:58 by Ephrem (bamore62). Reason: correcting typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Blackfarrow (Roman64), Liighkaa Potrevski (Liighkaa)
  • Starling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 113
25 Jul 2017 07:57 #29 by Starling (starling)
Replied by Starling (starling) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Cade, you already are keenly aware of my moral objection. But given your stated candidacy for "Pirate King", the question of whether dealing in souls violates your Accords is entirely relevant to the discussion at hand. I am no legal authority nor Naval Officer and thus I limit my questions to the realm in which I am qualified to speak.

On the day you can prove to me that those who committed their souls did so of their own free will, and in sound mind, I will revise my position and no longer consider this act to be one worse than slavery of the physical body.

(Additionally, I note: It was no powerful logic that stayed my reply until now; having been awake all night on both nights of last feast, it was the late hour that delayed me. Perhaps consider that before preemptively declaring a logical victory next time.)

Squire to Lord Angelica Tellinghast
Viceroy of Drega'mire

OOG: Alice Bryson
Marshal, New Player Rep
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
25 Jul 2017 08:15 #30 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Cade, I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

-Robert Morgan

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.904 seconds