The Pirate Accords of 1217

25 Jul 2017 08:20 #31 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
((NOT WINKS))

Captain Albatross, I do like you, however I would thank you to keep my name out of your arguments. While Lord Tartaros and I may not fully see eye to eye on exactly how to develop the locomotive engines, we both acknowledge possible merits of the others' ideas and will be working to determine a compromise for the betterment of Travance as a whole, as I am doing with all of the lords I have spoken with as pertains to the Railroad project.

Words have power, Captain Albatross, and not just the metaphysical kind. Knowing that the word, pirate, has a negative connotation to many including to the leadership of the land, it would have been a simple matter to substitute the word privateer into the documents of your accords. Compromise is important, Captain. As well, if you mean to make of this an organization similar to the Adventurer's Guild or Mage's Guild, those groups have official charters and cooperate with Travance itself. Have you spoken to Seneschal Maxwell? She may have been able to assist you and forestalled some of this negativity.

With respects,
William Sterling

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sindarion (Steven SA), Swyft (agentswift), Terzak (TheArchMage), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Mantel (sigma-j), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
25 Jul 2017 08:35 #32 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
I will make some comments clear and leave it at that.

I will never deny the atrocities I have committed. I will never hide them. The people I ask to follow me do so knowing these facts, and of their own choice.

I did hire Cade knowing he was a pirate, as I do for every pirate captured at sea. I offer them all jobs in legitimate service to the Navy instead of keelhauling them because I would rather put good sailors to work for the kingdom over seeing them killed.

When you were hired, I asked one simple thing. Sail legitimately under the naval banner and turn away from the life of piracy. You agreed and I named you commodore.

I don't ask much of the people who work for me. And I will upturn the abyss for my people, but I do not appreciate when the one thing I ask is thrown back in my face.

Piracy is criminal activity that entails murder, theft, destruction of ships, and far worse. So as long as anyone declares themselves pirates, I must assume that the kormyrian trade lanes are at risk from that person.

If all you want to do is be a sea faring adventurer, then you need only have said you wished so. But if you wish to put you claim in to be the Pirate King, I hope I never see your ship again. If you decide to continue with this, then you have one week to make preparations and stock your ship. I dont want to see the Night Harrier or any affiliated ships in my docks.

I won't hunt you and you won't be charged with any crimes for just claiming to be a pirate, but Antoinette save you should I hear my ships be attacked by the Night Harrier.

I don't take breaking my trust and loyalty lightly.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belegchand (mcalo), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Not An Assassin (Salem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Mantel (sigma-j), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
25 Jul 2017 09:24 #33 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
The above expresses my thoughts very well.

Thank you Lord Tarteros.

Cmd. B. Drexel

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
25 Jul 2017 09:28 #34 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Lord Aleister Tartaros,
You have shown the working of a damn good lord through your reaction to these accords. Well said.

-Justé

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
25 Jul 2017 09:42 #35 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
(*This parchment smells of baked goods*)
I kept saying that Privateer was a better career choice, and less likely to end at the gallows, but nobody listens to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), geezer (geezer), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
25 Jul 2017 10:09 #36 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
I have many questions and concerns about the accords themselves. I am still organizing them, and will respond on that front later.

For right now:
No one is to try to do anything to that black spot on the pages above. If you choose to ignore this warning and attempt something anyway, the consequences of whatever strange sea-magic it is will be entirely upon your head.

Captain Cade, I strongly suggest that you explain this bit with the souls. It does not have to be public - you can contact myself or a Guard directly - though I won't stop you if you prefer to write it here. This treads dangerously close to the law concerning collusion with Dark Forces, but this is Travance, and here things are often not what they seem upon first glace. I would hear your side of it first, rather than immediately send the Inquisition to your doorstep (Berth? Is that the right word?).

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Grashügel (HAZMAT221), Moostrav Potrevski (), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
25 Jul 2017 11:18 #37 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
NOT GRAS

For those who need to talk, feel free to do it over a drink at the one and only Black Bird!

~ESTABON

Barkeep Extraordinaire
( it appears as if someone has thrown what looks like confetti on the ground around the board )

Taylor Meise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Wili (), Seth (Kurteth)
25 Jul 2017 11:20 - 25 Jul 2017 13:36 #38 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Aleister, I tried to get your input in this and you ignored me. I sent you a letter about the issues in your land and you ignored that. I've reached out to your knights and been ignored. I was ignored by your viceroy this past feast. Your land has a sickness in it. And I wanted to help you. But you will continue to lose vassals of you do not give them a reason to stay. I'm broken hearted that I wasn't wanted in Dregamire. And your people have made it crystal clear that I never belonged there in the first place. I'll go where I'm wanted. And if that's not in Travance at all then so be it.

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 13:36 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn).
25 Jul 2017 11:23 - 25 Jul 2017 13:45 #39 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Father Ephrem, I will gladly sit and talk with anyone who would like. Whether it be on an official legal sense or whether it just be someone who is curious and has questions.

Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 13:45 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn).
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
25 Jul 2017 11:40 #40 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
There are a number of issues pointed out that I would like brought to attention.

First, the matters of Cade Tanwyn and the matters of this proposed free association among people are two entirely separate issues, and should be treated as such.
[hr][hr]
To address the former matter:

Cade,

I lament what has gone on here, and truly feel for your steam engine. But perhaps if you had expected His Lordship, Aleister Tartaros, Lord Drega'Mire, to stand with you, you would first ensure to stand with him and explain to him your dream, your proposal. Work it out with the nobles that in fact what you intended to accomplish was indeed carried out as you intended. Within the laws of Travance, operating alongside, bringing the tools of your Craft as seafarers to the disposal of the nobility and the people they protect. As Mr. Sterling puts it, organizations such as the Adventurer's Guild, the Mage's Guild, and yes, even the Guild that became that land to which I am vassaled, all have an official charter at least through the Barony Travance, if not through the County Arkovnia, if not ultimately through the Kingdom Kormyre. You pursued none of these things in advance of this self proclamation, and made the assumption that the powers you aligned yourself with would find themselves parallel to an agreement, a part in scribing which they had none. I hope sincerely that any negotiations to the effect of creating an official charter to the effect of your desires, and the desires of your undersigned, are not entirely dashed, though I will say that my expectations are abyssmal given your conduct.

--Mantel Warrane

[hr][hr]
Cade Tanwyn, former Commodore, Captain Albatross of the Night Harrier, and one who would puplicly aspire to the title of King,

To objectively interpret your proposal, as a Commoner, I will first address myself not as anything more than I am. I am no lawyer, no guardsman, no noble. I am merely an individual Subject of Travance engaging with your proposal from a purely hypothetical stance, attempting to help you clarify your Articles and Accords. I feel as though I understand your intent but must point out a number of internal conflicts in your documentation. I have posed some of these conflicts below, in my own interpretation, from the standpoint of a hypothetical prosecutor, attempting to twist the law as harshly against you as possible, so that you may temper your charter, that it may better withstand the fires of public ridicule in the future. I in this section of parchment take no personal stance on the matter.

In regards to your preamble:
[hr]"The laws of Travance will not be broken by my ship the Night Harrier."
Do you intend, then, to extend this quandary to all other vessels loyal to the Pirate Court?
[hr]
In regards to Article I, Section 2; Items 1:2, 4:10, et.al. mentions of Noble titles, to quote the Laws of Travance as outlined in the relevant section of her Baronial Library:

• "None shall claim falsely to be of noble title, nor claim falsely that another is of noble title, nor through ambiguity allow another to believe one to be of noble title who is not.
    Whomever breaks with this law shall be subject to a Standard Punishment"

• This stands directly at odds with the intent as stated in your preamble.

[hr]In regards to Piracy, to quote the Laws of Travance as outlined in the relevant section of her Baronial Library:

• "None shall invade the domain of another uninvited and with malicious intent. 
    Whomever breaks with this law shall be subject to a Minor Punishment"

• One could interpret your intent as targeting "not the Barony Travance." Thusly, you are targeting powers existing Outlawed to Travance, whether those include her defined Enemies, non-subject, or even her Allies. This involved invading the domain of others uninvited and with malicious intent to steal their property or worse.

On that note, to quote the Laws of Travance as outlined in the relevant section of her Baronial Library:

• "None shall steal, damage, or destroy another’s property. This includes the desecration and robbery of graves. 
    Whomever breaks with this law shall be subject to a Minor Punishment in addition to being forced to return anything stolen or pay to repair anything damaged."

• The act of Piracy explicitly involves breach of the law against stealing property.

Again, additionally, to quote the Laws of Travance as outlined in the relevant section of her Baronial Library:

• "None shall bring harm or attempt to bring harm to another, excepting in the virtue of defense.
    Whomever breaks with this law shall be subject to a Standard Punishment"

• The act of Piracy can be considered to involve breach of the law against offensive harm, as stated above by His Lordship, Aleister Tartaros, Lord Drega'mire. I do not believe this applies to those Outlawed to Travance, regarding the limitations of Protections of the Law outlined in the descriptions of Punishments in the transcript of Travancean Laws in her Baronial Library, but it stands to state.

[hr]Finally, in regards to your entire proposal, done outside of the authority of this land, I pose this final note. To quote the Laws of Travance as outlined in the relevant section of her Baronial Library:

• "None shall conspire to break with a law of the Barony.
    Whosoever breaks with this law shall be punished according one tier of punishment below the law that the convicted conspired to break with.
    "

• Without obtaining the will of a Noble to back your proposal, what you have done may be considered a breach of the law against conspiracy.
    [hr][hr]
    Cade,

To address you personally again as myself, and not some fake lawman with far too much time on his hands to be going after such a well-intentioned individual as yourself

Until you are able to forge a charter properly, please take these items into consideration.

I genuinely hope that a positive outcome is found regarding your proposal. Travance could use any incentive for those possessing a Craft to use it for her betterment.

--Mantel Warrane
    Subject of Travance

**signed without the seals of the Mages' Guild or of Ostcliff.

P.S. On the matter of Cade's personal loyalties, I make no comment further than as long as the servitude is entered freely, AND IS CONTINUED ONLY WITH FREE, CONTINUOUS, UNALTERED CONSENT, I have no qualms. Sincerely, a slave emancipated from eternity.

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
    Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
    Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
    Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
    (OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
    • Angeliana
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
    • Thank Yous: 364
    25 Jul 2017 11:49 #41 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
    Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
    The Heart of Winterdark
    Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
    High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
    • Elite Member
    • Elite Member
    25 Jul 2017 11:59 - 27 Jul 2017 05:40 #42 by Mantel (sigma-j)
    To the Challenged Cade Tanwyn and the Challenger Fortune Demeanor,
    *the rest of the parchment has been torn away furiously*

---
    (OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
    Last edit: 27 Jul 2017 05:40 by Mantel (sigma-j). Reason: IC moving the letter to the bottom of the line.
    25 Jul 2017 12:01 #43 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
    Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
    We are planning to kill the Sea Witch right? I am Drega Mire, stand, sail, fight with, and protect Drega Mire as the People of Travance, ahem, living people.

Admittedly, I have been rather busy. I will make the time.

-Del Dragon, Argyle

Post Script; Fai, we aren't done yet.

Del Dragon, Argyle
    (OOC: Forest Dougan)
    25 Jul 2017 12:08 #44 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
    Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
    Ah Argyle don't try to kill her. Here we will talk next feast, maybe I can somehow show you she is not evil per say. But that is a conversation for then and there not here and now.

Moostrav Potrevski
    1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
    • Cara Easton
    • Banned
    • Banned
    • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
    • Thank Yous: 324
    25 Jul 2017 12:13 #45 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
    Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
    Antoinette controls the seas and all who sail there... and everything lost to its waters, both treasure and souls alike, belong to her. She is known well to those who sail the seas, though most take care to avoid meeting her. Killing her is neither wise nor possible in any way that is conceivable to me, though I wish you luck if you attempt, Argyle. You will need it!

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
    Marshal
    Card Staff
    25 Jul 2017 12:27 #46 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
    Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
    Rook,

So it thinks it's Galladel? Please don't give a name, the it thinks it's people. If it's negative energy and poses a threat to our People, we kill it. Are we allies with it? Is some Soul Binder trying to deal with it?

Del Dragon, Argyle

Del Dragon, Argyle
    (OOC: Forest Dougan)
    • Nalick
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
    • Thank Yous: 1440
    25 Jul 2017 12:30 #47 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
    Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
    Moostrav

Autta be cairfull how yoo say sertin things. Have fun as a pirate? It wil not be fun wen yoo got men like me making chase.

Not evil per say? Making awfers that only a jin cood make if only yoo gave her souls? Devil plane and simple.

--Chet

• Osprey
    • Thank Yous: 12
    25 Jul 2017 12:43 - 25 Jul 2017 12:43 #48 by Osprey (Osprey)
    Replied by Osprey (Osprey) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
    Regarding the legal concerns, I am far from a lawyer myself, but as to one point in particular: if the possibility that one might commit future crimes based on one's chosen form of address is itself a crime, then [strike]Petty Crime[/strike] "Miss Demeanor" should probably be arrested every day of her life as a matter of course.

Also, I can't read her handwriting, but she seems very distressed.

Osprey
    First Mate of the Night Harrier

OOG - Evin H.
    Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 12:43 by Osprey (Osprey).
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
    • Narcis
    • Administrator
    • Administrator
    • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
    • Thank Yous: 450
    25 Jul 2017 13:12 - 25 Jul 2017 13:13 #49 by Narcis (ChrisR)
    Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
    I would do your best to try and not bring the wrath of my Lady. There are reasons why there are stories and legends about her. Unfortunately they focused a lot on her wrath and less on her beauty. So perhaps instead of trying to just go and murder her and find yourself poorly lacking, you could come drink some ale with me and we can play some games and talk of tales and perhaps I will tell you more about her?

OOG:Chris R.
    Storyteller / Marshal
    Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 13:13 by Narcis (ChrisR).
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
    • Osprey
    • Thank Yous: 12
    25 Jul 2017 13:12 #50 by Osprey (Osprey)
    Replied by Osprey (Osprey) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
    If there are indeed provable legal concerns with the charter, they can be hashed out in a meeting with the proper parties, but by and large Mr. Mantel Warrane, I think you may have misread or perhaps jumped to conclusions about our intent, our affiliations, and our expectations. I would respectfully disagree, in many cases, with your comments about both the charter and the letter of the law, but you have written at such length that I would consider it much easier to address those interpretations in person as well.

Osprey
    First Mate of the Night Harrier

OOG - Evin H.
    • Angeliana
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
    25 Jul 2017 13:23 #51 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
    Oh - spray yer brainless turd all over parchment so called first mate; let D dumb down her quill fer ye aye? T'is better? I be pennin' it all slow like ye.

T'is very clear ye nay lawyer and nay even familiar with any laws. Ye nay be able t' arrest people fer their name, let alone a name they assumed, let alone crimes they nay be proven guilty of, or crimes they nay even commit, or may or may not commit in t'future.

Nice try ye lard brained screechy gobshyte. I hope ye be named his second, so D can kick yer boney arse all over the swamps an' dirt too.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
    The Heart of Winterdark

25 Jul 2017 13:29 #52 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
    Demeanor I literally have no idea what you're saying?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Keavy (Dani), Alia D'Font (DatStephy), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
    • Tim P
    • Elite Member
    • Elite Member
    • Thank Yous: 379
    25 Jul 2017 13:36 #53 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
    Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
    Firstly I would like to clear something up.
    Cade,
    You say that you have reached out to Lord Aleister’s Knights. While I can’t speak on Barak’s behalf for having received a letter, I can definitely say he is harder to reach than I. On the other hand, I received no missives from you, ever. I find this unfortunate, given my sworn duty to having protected your ships while at port. I have been absent from feast for a few moons, mostly because I have been so needed at the docks. However I am, and continue to be at the service of all captains docked within Valandra’s shores. If you had reached out to me, I would have found time to speak with you.

Regardless, whether you were careless or lying in your statement is irrelevant. You seem to have made up your mind to label yourself as thus, and it doesn’t matter to me either way. I echo my Lords statements, as I spend almost all my time on the seas personally.

If you would like to at least throw a single bucket of water on this burning bridge, please feel free to send a missive to me at any time and I will show you that the nobles of Drega’mire are not what you think we are.
    Otherwise, if your spite is truly that great, I bid you good luck with your choices.

In service to Lord Aleister,
    -Sir Philidin Ienbura the Adamantine
    -Knight Commander of Drega'Mire

[hr]
    -Tim P
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
    • Mantel
    • Elite Member
    • Elite Member
    25 Jul 2017 13:36 #54 by Mantel (sigma-j)
    First Mate Osprey of the Night Harrier,

As I stated in my letter, if you would like to refute my points, you should bring it up to the people who bear Authority on the matter. I simply wished to provide some insight on how the articles read to a neutral party such as myself. But, I would be willing to aid in further clarification if you feel such a conversation would be worthwhile. I'm confined to this Inn for a short while while my legs continue to mend, so you may come find me in the Scholar's corner should you wish to speak more.

--Mantel

---
    (OOG Jean M, they/them)

25 Jul 2017 13:48 #55 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
    Sir Philidin, I have no idea who you are? Do you come to Travance?

• Tim P
    • Elite Member
    • Elite Member
    • Thank Yous: 379
    25 Jul 2017 13:52 #56 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
    Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
    You and I spoke earlier this year, I believe in March.

In service to Lord Aleister,
    -Sir Philidin Ienbura the Adamantine
    -Knight Commander of Drega'Mire

[hr]
    -Tim P
    • Naranbaatar Aiki
    • Will generally just drink tea and eat sashimi
    • Thank Yous: 158
    25 Jul 2017 14:04 #57 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
    Replied by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
    The amount of verbal savagery and non constructive criticism is astound-idly high. Is this to be expected any time an individual attempts to voice out dis pleasures or ideas on an open forum? Did anyone even bother to read the first paragraph Captain Albatross posted?

How about we cool our heads in the coming weeks. Draft our thoughts and concerns to then reconvene at the next feast to discuss this on an even playing field. If need be I will arrange for relaxing accommodations.

Aiki
    人民仆

Naranbaatar Aiki
    Squire to Count Sebastian Everest, Warden of Kormyre
    Former Warlord Castellan to Corvencia
    Legionnaire Commander, Kormyrian Army
    "In service to the people"

OOG Name: Robert "Ira" Torres [MARSHAL]
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn), Alia D'Font (DatStephy), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn), Mantel (sigma-j), Osprey (Osprey), Ephrem (bamore62)
    • Angeliana
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    25 Jul 2017 14:04 #58 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
    Again D shall slow down her quill fer slow Cade an' write more clearly so he may have a chance t' perhaps get me words through his pea sized brain if he be havin' one.

I, FORTUNE DEMEANOR, CHALLENGE YE CADE TANWYN TO HONOR COMBAT FER INSULTING ME LORD, ME LAND AND ME LIFESTYLE. I CHALLENGE YE AS CAPTAIN OF YER SHIP.

What say ye?

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
    The Heart of Winterdark

• Thank Yous: 206
    25 Jul 2017 14:35 - 25 Jul 2017 14:35 #59 by Wili ()
    Replied by Wili () on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
    I, for one, think this is a swell idea, and calls for a Blackbird Special!

Any card-carrying member of this guild may enjoy drinks at the Blackbird for 4 gold instead of 5.

Any person in the company of a pirate with the intent to have a civil discussion about these accords may also benefit from the discount.

Fine print- must show proof of membership at time of order. Discount may be revoked without notice at any time for rude patrons.

Wilindé Aläciel
    AKA Wili
    Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
    Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 14:35 by Wili ().
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Sindarion (Steven SA), Faila (Faila), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Grashügel (HAZMAT221), Seth (Kurteth)
    • Magpie
    • Thank Yous: 21
    25 Jul 2017 15:02 - 25 Jul 2017 15:07 #60 by Magpie (thatreference)
    Replied by Magpie (thatreference) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
    That is a very generous offer Wili. Thank you for facilitating a safe place where personal talks about the Pirate Accord can ensue. As Aiki said, there has been many people who prefer to sling mud at Captain Albatross rather than provide constructive criticism.

All that being said, I'm not sure I understand [strike]Petty Crime[/strike] Miss Demeanor either. Maybe an even slower stroke of your quill would do me good? Maybe not referring yourself in the third person would also help? I'm sure fourth time's the charm when you're trying to get your message across.

Magpie
    Sailing Master of the Night Harrier
    OOG Riza A.
    Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 15:07 by Magpie (thatreference).
    Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
    Time to create page: 0.826 seconds