The Pirate Accords of 1217

25 Jul 2017 15:32 #61 by Fenris Nattulv (dhaas987)
Replied by Fenris Nattulv (dhaas987) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
*OOG: this note is written in sloppy handwriting, almost as though written by a child or someone unfamiliar with a pen.*

I want know more about this Pyrate accord. I am sailor with Pyrate past. I like this idea of Pyrate guild. I am need of work. Where can I find man who write this?

- Petros Galedeep

- Fenris Nattulv

-Alt: Jonathan Carter, Minstrel of the Road

OOG: Daniel Haas
  • Osprey
  • Thank Yous: 12
25 Jul 2017 16:07 - 25 Jul 2017 16:17 #62 by Osprey (Osprey)
Replied by Osprey (Osprey) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Wili, what a delightfully enterprising soul you are, only you could sell drinks off a legal spat.

Demeanor, thank you for arguing so adamantly in support of my point. That said, if you should strike me down as I stand for my crew's interests and for the principle of a fair and democratic order, I will walk gladly from this world into the brightest of dreams beyond, and bear with me a soul unburdened by regret.

Osprey
First Mate of the Night Harrier

OOG - Evin H.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 16:17 by Osprey (Osprey).
25 Jul 2017 17:00 #63 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Replied by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You all seem like a really sore sorry lot, say pirate 3 times and you can almost hear dregamire crying off in the distance. I hope you sort this all out Tanwyn. If your still left intact after all this ravaging and your intentions prove fruitful, as a coast havener, you'll have my ear.

Now please continue the bickering so I have something interesting to read in these boring times!

Safe travels,
Rupert

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
25 Jul 2017 17:14 #64 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
((OOG: Written in handwriting that is not Demeanor's but still bears her signature below it))

I have paid someone to pen this down for me so it could be sans my accent, since clearly the crew of the Night Harrier must have been selected for being completely illiterate, dumb, blind, snot sucking maggots.

So called first mate; if and when I am done with you, I can guarantee you, you won't be going anywhere pleasant and your soul will not be unburdened nor intact. I will sear everlasting pain and suffering into it which you will feel even in the afterlife.

What I wrote prior is quite simple... to those with reading comprehension and a brain that is: I challenged your so called Captain, Cade Tanwyn, to an honor combat, and to his position as the Captain of your ship for insulting my land and its Lord.

I have yet to see his response.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
25 Jul 2017 17:26 - 25 Jul 2017 17:40 #65 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Out of curiosity, has anyone actually read the terms listed? They... actually have some good points.

I mean, acting against slavery? You can bet those two coppers just sitting in your pocket uselessly from the last time you visited the lands across the Great Rift that I don't stand for that sort of claptrap, and I'll support pretty much most efforts that seek to free those taken captive into slavery. Equal share of goods, regardless of how they're gained, is also pretty commendable in my book. A rotating cycle of leadership is also something that shouldn't be scoffed at - it would likely reduce stagnancy in the political field, which is, judging from my limited time aboard various ships, a necessity with the fickleness of national allegiances, rising powers, destructive forces unbound by the laws and moralities of mankind, and development of naval warfare; it's certainly an idea that has merits to be learned from, even here in Travance.

And, of course, let's not forget one of my favorite parts - "The court is here to assist the captains in placing themselves within the pages of history." As a bard of Arawyn, how could I not like the idea of this?

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 17:40 by Sindarion (Steven SA).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage), Wili (), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
25 Jul 2017 17:35 #66 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Personally Miss Demeanor, I see nothing wrong with Cade's posting. He in truth tried to make something positive out of something negative. Much like how those of faith are trying to work together. He never claimed to be a king, he said "Hopefully the next Pirate King." Yes it was a terribly kept secret. It's about as bad as me claiming I am not an Agauran priest. Your war D, sounds like a toddler screaming over being told they cannot have a caramel apple. I will not order you, but I will suggest to cease and desist. You insult many with the way you're carrying yourself.

Signed,
Dunn Ironwill

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alia D'Font (DatStephy), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
25 Jul 2017 17:51 #67 by Hayley Virgil (HayleyAnnV)
Replied by Hayley Virgil (HayleyAnnV) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
... I truly hope that all of you are able to obtain some much needed constructive criticism and suggestions whilst moving forward with this idea. It seems you've all laid a foundation for something with potential, though it is more than likely in need of polishing and refining--something I'm sure you'll all take in stride.

Matters of this proposed organization aside, Albatross' dubious exploits are out in the open. The Seneschal has already expressed that the matter will be looked into and dealt with accordingly. There is no need to so callously sling insults like children in a schoolyard. If the matter is being handled, it's being handled. It's clear The Night Harrier crew seems open and flexible to calm and reasonable discussion. There is no reason for so many to gang up on one person when it has already been noted that the legal matters are being looked into.

-R. Kestrel

OOG: Hayley Virgil
IG: Chevalier Odette D. Lucatiel, the Red Kestrel of the Chaos Wastes
"Fall not into the depths of despair."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Wili (), Solitaire (nobody2357)
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
25 Jul 2017 17:57 #68 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Any actions taken outside of honor combat will be dealt with accordingly to the full extent of the law. Lord Tartaros and the Seneschal have been clear, no harm is to come to Cade and his crew and all futures discussions will be held in a civil manner.

Taylor Meise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Blackfarrow (Roman64)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
25 Jul 2017 17:59 #69 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Dunn,

I couldn't give a flying fish's flippers what ye think about t'way I carry meself. Ye gave me a mighty cackle with that, coming from ye, knowin' what I know about ye.

Apparently ye nay know how t'read either. I ain't the one insultin' nobles publicly here. I be the one tryin' t'defend their honor.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Thank Yous: 47
25 Jul 2017 18:16 #70 by Django (Topgunwov)
Replied by Django (Topgunwov) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
By the Gods, I leave the board for a few hours and I return to piles of notes and letters and challenges. Travancians certainly love their infighting. However, I digress.

Many of you may not know me, as I am new in town and have only been present for a few moons, however I simply wanted to say that I am in favor of a collective of privateers sailing with the full support of the Barony. While Albatross's means of presenting his idea to us is indeed unorthodox, in spirit and in concept we cannot ignore that it has the potential to be something beneficial to the community. On the subject of Albatross's character, as unrelated as it may be to the current matter at hand, since arriving in Travance he has been incredibly helpful and kind to me, and has shown a commendable level of character. However I must agree with the previous notices stating that this should not be the matter we are discussing. "Piracy" and/or "Pirates", as it stands, may not be the proper terms we should be using when discussing the aforementioned Collective. In fact, had Albatross replaced most uses of the word "pirate" with "privateer" there may not be so many papers filled with attacks of character and rude behavior as I am seeing on this board. However I will admit that the idea is still in a conceptual stage, and while several good points have been made in this prototypical statement, an outside editor would be necessary to continue to see this through. I agree that the Barony and the Seneschal (lord knows I'm probably not spelling that correctly, do forgive me) should look over the idea present here and not cast it into the fire, as it has immense promise for the future of Travance and its people. I thank everyone who previously wrote here with a calm, level, and especially open mind, and I apologize if this posting seems rude to anyone, as it is obviously not my intent to offend anyone here, as it is indeed my first time truly contributing to this board.

With humble respect,
Django

Commodore Django, the Sunseeker
Kormyrian Navy, Captain of the K.S.S. Ironscale
Rooster of the Winged Victory
Vassal to Kaladonia

OOG: Evan Wovsaniker
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aleister (Aleister), Sindarion (Steven SA), Midori Suarez (krykit), Nicholas Murro (Caelum), Laric Goodall (LaricG)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
25 Jul 2017 19:24 - 25 Jul 2017 20:29 #71 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
It just so happens, Mantel, that I am a lawyer, of laws both temporal and canon. As a bonus, I wrote the book on Honor Combat, having been a victim of legalized murder under the ad hoc system that was in place a decade ago.

My sensibility to proper usage of the language is offended. The proper spelling is "per se" and it first came into usage approximately 440 years back. It conveys <<by, of, or in itself or oneself or themselves>> as its meaning.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 20:29 by geezer (geezer).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage)
26 Jul 2017 01:21 #72 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Maybe I am being Naive... but why call yourself Pirate? You could just as well have called it a Buccaneer's Guild or somesuch. Calling yourself a Pirate is about equal to calling yourself a Murderer. People are going to assume you are telling the truth. Change the name to Buccaneer's Accords and you would avoid alot of unecessary recrimination.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Maeve Hesperus (gwennieofsidhe), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
26 Jul 2017 01:34 #73 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Peanut gallery,

I can see that [strike]not a single[/strike] VERY few individuals here [strike]is[/strike] are willing to even entertain the idea of objective criticism, so I am washing my hands of the ordeal. If you want help, fine, send me a missive.

On the topic of slavery, might I add--as a Mage, and one who came here to exact a vendetta on necromantic slavery--is no longer capable of interacting directly with a soul in any way. The capacities to do so are lost. You can speak to any Soul Binder about this in more detail. There is no desecration of soul nor flesh practicable by necromancers, and anything to the contrary would be accomplished by means accessory to the use of necromancy. I can think only of the Litany of Doom, practiced by Paladins of Miranda, as a discipline even remotely similar to what is described. And I have personally witnessed lives saved through the use of that particular ability. I would have successfully aided in the salvation of one soul, by none other than the paladin Jed, if her spiritual fortitude was not of such rare weakness.

Edwin,

If you would like to use your expertise as a lawyer, please, by all means, exercise your craft, these "pirates" could certainly use some help with understanding the law if they want to operate within it.

As to your latter comment, I'm not seeing where I used that phrase, if directed at me.

D,

You should look to securing the support of a noble if you wish your honor combat to be legal.

--Mantel

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
26 Jul 2017 10:16 #74 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
I would nay fear the Sea Witch Antoinette, I have part of her soul before she became this feared persona and built such a fearsome reputation. Reminds me I got t'e have a talk with her about doing evil or terrible things with 2 parts of her soul shared with the most honourable and courageous celts I ken. I t'ink I will do what I can for those she has threatened or made unfavorable deals.

Slightly Sane Billliamm

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
The following user(s) said Thank You: Not An Assassin (Salem), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
  • Osprey
  • Thank Yous: 12
26 Jul 2017 12:24 #75 by Osprey (Osprey)
Replied by Osprey (Osprey) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
To those of you claiming that we ought to have used the word "privateer" instead of "pirate," there is a distinction that I would consider of pivotal importance:

A privateer is under contract to a specific lord, and takes only the prizes his lord allows. A privateer is also protected by their lord, but has no power to depose the lord and therefore a limited capacity to advocate for themselves.

A pirate is under no contract, beholden to no specific lord, and may take jobs as they see fit, under the Accords a pirate would vote for their own Pirate King, and that leader would be obligated to protect, police, and advocate for the court of pirates as long as they abide by the Accords. What separates a privateer from a pirate is a commission, and lacking that, it seems disingenuous and entirely political to refer to free sailors as privateers. Since we have evidently been relieved of our position with Drega'mire, yet retain our ship, our skills, and our camaraderie, it would seem that we are now pirates by anyone's reckoning, as we have no commission or contract.

You are correct in saying that what we propose is not unlike a guild, but I am not a buccaneer or a swashbuckler, nor am I a Coast Havener, Many of the self-defined pirates in Travance have a variety of professions but have found their fates leading them to the sea, and therefore a guild defined by profession is not ideal for our purposes.

Osprey
First Mate of the Night Harrier

OOG - Evin H.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ergos (arieslink), Django (Topgunwov)
  • Ib
  • Thank Yous: 37
26 Jul 2017 12:29 #76 by Ib (Gannon)
Replied by Ib (Gannon) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
How about sea-faring mercenary?

~Ib

Ib Flett
Asbjorn Vigdisson

OOC - Gannon Shanley
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caelvan (Caelvan), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
26 Jul 2017 12:46 #77 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
To those who have written/signed these accords:
How do you define "pirate"? Because right now, it reads as if all you're referring to is a sailor who works on short-term contract, or for themselves.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caelvan (Caelvan), Mantel (sigma-j), Django (Topgunwov)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
26 Jul 2017 12:53 - 26 Jul 2017 12:56 #78 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
**Not Caelvan**

I tend to agree with Aldric, and Ib. I believe the over all issue(excluding the personal issues) is the naming.
"Pirate" has a very negative connotation as Aldric has pointed out. People will read or hear it and probably not have the best thoughts.
As well as "King" makes it seem as if you are trying to be a noble, which would be against the law (even though, yes you're not impersonating a noble and hold no power outside this group), perhaps Ib's suggestion for the group and Head Captain for the leader?

So you can still be "King" of a group of "Pirates". But be known as Head Captain of a group of Sea-faring Mercenaries.

Just some of my suggestions coming from a person who, outside of the sands, can be thought of the wrong way if I introduce myself poorly.

-Merikh Tazam

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 26 Jul 2017 12:56 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Django (Topgunwov)
26 Jul 2017 12:56 #79 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217

LoisMaxwell wrote: To those who have written/signed these accords:
How do you define "pirate"? Because right now, it reads as if all you're referring to is a sailor who works on short-term contract, or for themselves.

I would gladly sit down with you and perhaps a trusted noble, Rudolf or Gideon if either is willing, and discuss any unfavorable terminology. I do think it is silly that there's employed torturers working for the barony and I cannot say the word pirate. But I would love to sit down and converse with you about these accords. As a few people so kindly pointed out I do love talking and am always up to make a deal.

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
26 Jul 2017 13:01 #80 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
**Not Caelvan**

"I do think it is silly that there's employed torturers working for the barony and I cannot say the word pirate. "

I believed they use the word "inquisitor" instead of "torturer" due to the negative connotation of the profession. Therefore it is more accepted. Don't ask me why, I don't know, but just an observation.

Merikh Tazam

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
26 Jul 2017 13:06 #81 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217

Ira wrote: The amount of verbal savagery and non constructive criticism is astound-idly high. Is this to be expected any time an individual attempts to voice out dis pleasures or ideas on an open forum? Did anyone even bother to read the first paragraph Captain Albatross posted?

How about we cool our heads in the coming weeks. Draft our thoughts and concerns to then reconvene at the next feast to discuss this on an even playing field. If need be I will arrange for relaxing accommodations.

Aiki
人民仆

I do not have time to thank every single person that has stood up for my character (in the moral sense of the word) or for these accords but I appreciate all of you. I want to sincerely thank Aiki for sharing a fair, logical, and well thought out opinion on the matter.

• Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
26 Jul 2017 13:57 #82 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
The Barony's Inquisitors are called such, and not torturers, because torture is not the only way to obtain information from someone. Some of them are capable of torture, yes, but that is the method of last resort. Moreover, they cannot make the decision to use torture on their own; they require a directive to do so from higher up the chain of command.

Captain, you keep telling me to come find you to talk. I have already told you what I wish to know - a definition, and a story. I am trying to give you an opportunity to explain everything in the one week you have before the time Lord Tartaros has given the Night Harrier to stay docked is up, in the hopes that this can resolve differently, but I do not have time to chase you down. Believe it or not, despite the large stir this has caused, this is not even close to my top priority right now. Post here, or send a letter, or hell you or one of your crew can come to my office in Stonefall, but if you're not willing to at least send a note then I'm going to hand over official investigation of this alleged soul-bargaining to the Magistrate.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Mantel (sigma-j), Ergos (arieslink)
26 Jul 2017 14:52 #83 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
I never said you had to find me. I'm literally standing next to this board alllll day to reply to people.

• Atrus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 92
26 Jul 2017 14:52 #84 by Atrus (Atrus)
Replied by Atrus (Atrus) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Are these the same two Tanwyns who were openly admitting to swindling newcomers to Travance and Travancians as a whole, "just to see if they could get away with it," this last Saturday night in the Dragon's Claw, at the Lord's table late night, with witnesses around? The one's who wished to charge a fee for those who would pass through the focus, I believe the phrase was "Focus Fee," for 30 gold, also discussed at that very same time.

I believe their names were Cade and Coran. I've been told that a third one such Caelvan was also present, one claimed he was an Exchequer of some type, surely not to the Barony, I hope.

Either way, the accord which was struck between this Cade fellow and a new Travancian was to trade a piece of armor with 2 sockets for 200 gold, a counter of 1 socket and armor for 150 gold was made and accepted, the man walked off, got his gold, handed it to Cade Tanwyn who then walked off with the man's money. Which he openly admitted to.

I didn't go digging for this information, I didn't try and pry it from someone, this Tanwyn fellow was just bragging about it, about "I just swindle people to see if I can." Being back for less than a full day, and I'm stumbling across this? And then to find this rubbish about honor and not breaking any laws against Travance. This is poorly written comedy at best.

I freely submit myself to any Lord or other Noble for questioning under pain of blade, confession or any other method they deem appropriate in regards to this situation. I invite the pirate Cade and the "exchequer" to do the same.

I don't often find myself on the same side of Aleister and Demeanor especially at once. Normally I would have just let this go, but this brash attitude, and preying upon the newest members of this town is unacceptable, they have no respect for the craft, nor any other member of this town. I can only hope word of these predatory actions reach whoever may run "The Guild" these days.

If the nobility and the guard refuse to take action against these very provable offenses and who knows how many more, then I issue a challenge of Honor Combat, (despite your clear lack of Honor, whether in trade or among thieves), to you and your entire crew at the time of these "dealings" with the new Travancian. My term: None may fight in your stead, you made the deal, you reap the consequences. I will drop this under one condition: You stop this pirate king nonsense, you drop from being Exchequer, you write a formal apology to the Travancian whose gold you took, and repay those you've admittedly swindled out of their gold and belongings, with interest.

And he writes of "morals" and his "character," this is beyond laughable.
To the Nobility, do your jobs, it is a sad day when one such as I, stands up and says, "No, this is wrong."

If you so willing and openly brag of your exploitation of the people and Travance as a whole in the middle of the Inn, than one can only fathom which crimes you are too fearful to speak of.

~Atrus

PS: Lets not even get into the whole dealings with this Sea Witch, Hag, soul selling and buying Lich thing. That alone is is abhorrent.

PPS: The very thought of charging 30 gold for those who die and have to come through the focus, is something I wouldn't even expect from Jed. That is complete horseshite and that by itself should bar any further dealings or offices held anywhere throughout the Kingdom, let alone Travance.

~Atrus
"Only those who have endured the greatest suffering can become the greatest people."

John
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Angeliana (Angeliana), Aneira (AshleyFirstbrook), Swyft (agentswift)
26 Jul 2017 15:03 #85 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Atrus I think you misheard a good deal of both those conversations. I told that man to keep his gold. I was teaching him a lesson to not hand over gold without goods in hand. There are many swindlers in Travance. I could have kept his gold and I did not. I taught someone else the same lesson Sunday. He handed me 250 gold for nothing. I handed it back to him, and told him not to do that sort of thing in the future. As far as the focus fees that is how Corran and I jest. At the end of the day our point was that healers do not receive the credit or respect they deserve. Most travancians do not even give them a thanks on the battlefield. Healers should unionize and they should demand more respect for their craft. Our joking of a focus fee was merely our absurdist way of pointing that out. If you doubt my character or intent be sure to ask Thalia.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage)
26 Jul 2017 15:11 #86 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
I give anywhere from 200-500 of personal gold away in straight money or in goods to new comers to Travance every feast. I go out of my way to find them teachers or connect them to lands/guilds that they can grow in. and I have been doing that for a very long time. I was even Pathfinder of the Adventurers Guild before my season forced me to move on. You are off base in your accusations and drastically misinformed.

• Liighkaa Potrevski
  • "Liighkaa, do not make friends." -Darius, every time Liighkaa starts waving to a monster
  • Thank Yous: 33
26 Jul 2017 15:22 #87 by Liighkaa Potrevski (Liighkaa)
Replied by Liighkaa Potrevski (Liighkaa) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
*Scawled on a small piece of torn paper in barely legible handwriting:*
I, too, want to write a message to stick with a pin to a board covered in layers of other messages so that a man who is standing right beside me and drinking ale and waiting to read it might read it and write a response while I stand and watch!
PS: does nobody in Travance do anything when not fighting monsters?

~Liighkaa Potrevski, daughter of tribe Berk

OOG: Cat Jackson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Caelvan (Caelvan), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn), Wili (), Starling (starling), Mantel (sigma-j), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Ergos (arieslink), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Atrus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 92
26 Jul 2017 15:44 #88 by Atrus (Atrus)
Replied by Atrus (Atrus) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
The only end to this is either by the blade, or through willing submission to questioning to Noble authority.

I am willing to be questioned on this matter through whatever means necessary.

Maybe I didn't hear that part as it was meant, although, I was there standing right behind Angeliana's shoulder throughout your "banter," my story shall ring true as it is as I heard it. I will do you this favor though, and hunt down the man in question, whose name I will not reveal here as it may very well put him at risk. But, upon pain of death I will swear that I have heard you and your ilk talk of the "swindling" of Tranvancians which both of you so brashly admitted to, and all else I have stated. It is interesting you have not disagreed or addressed that.

Dealing in souls is beyond abhorrent, at the end of the day, when we die it is all we take with us. Gold, jewels, wealth, fancy weapons and clothes, all of it is immaterial.

I await for the Nobles' or Guard's judgement. I have said what I need to on this matter.

My challenge stands until I am proven wrong.

~Atrus
"Only those who have endured the greatest suffering can become the greatest people."

John
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
26 Jul 2017 15:57 #89 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Anyone else want to make a baseless personal attack or can we stay on topic? Or are we just trying to see how long this thread can get?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wili ()
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
26 Jul 2017 16:38 - 26 Jul 2017 16:39 #90 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic The Pirate Accords of 1217
Neither baseless nor attack shall my comment be, merely that you were discharged from your service as Commodore yet still identify yourself as such in signature.

Other than that, my own personal feelings will stay off of this parchment.

-Nalick

Last edit: 26 Jul 2017 16:39 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Mantel (sigma-j), Liighkaa Potrevski (Liighkaa)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.847 seconds