The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...

12 Feb 2018 23:12 #1 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons... was created by Moostrav Potrevski ()
As context to those who don't know we received a map from the Arcane Sons of all the areas where Necrophitus has his strong holds....
We have taken the liberty of copying this token onto a more legible piece of parchment.
Trust it or not, but this looks to be something of a power play. Something to scare us into obedience and whatnot, to that ends I personally trust it.
Trust however does not exclude the potential of a trap.
Do as you will with this information, our actions will be my own.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
Attachments:
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
12 Feb 2018 23:34 #2 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
It is curious that there are places where we know there are those allied strongly to Necrophitus not indicated on this map. Either they don’t want us to know the true scale of their support, or they wish to mislead us entirely.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
12 Feb 2018 23:40 #3 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Sorry I thought this was implied..... To be fair the map is hard to read from the water, but it is legible enough.

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
Attachments:
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
12 Feb 2018 23:46 #4 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
My curiosity is whether they are considering his influence all only purely Arcane Son activity is purely known or if they include where any power he has influence over is. For example, there is a few in Quniaran, which also has a large amount of Malycites.

How much power or influence of this is His own, or just taken from others and assumed for himself.

Leliana Kainen.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
12 Feb 2018 23:49 #5 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
As outlaws, they ought not be believed in writing, speech, nor gift. The gesture of posting the map is appreciated as a visual gist of Necrophitus' reach, but we know enough of his capabilities that the geography should be no let to our hope. We will face him wherever he stands.

~Nalick

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
12 Feb 2018 23:56 - 13 Feb 2018 00:18 #6 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Moostrav- that rendering of Necrophitus is an impeccable likeness, I very much enjoy it.

Leliana- I agree, I am curious what way they define the support on this map. Barak indicates that there is no marking for the Visraki, but we know that many of them have fallen to his power and promises. As well, is a circle an indication of one? Ten? One thousand? More? There is much uncertainty to this information, which concerns me.

Nalick- we do not dispute that we will challenge and hold him no matter where he stands, but an Eidolich alone is immensely powerful. Add unknown numbers of forces, unknown powers, unknown allies. We must take every action, every precaution we have- knowledge will be our strength, preparation our weapon. To rush in blindly would be our undoing, the end of every scrap of life and goodness and light in this world. Every piece of information we can gather before Corsair relocates us could save a life, could aid in our victory. We just must ensure it is not a trap or misinformation, meant to lead us away from his actual forces and allies.

Marshal
Card Staff
Last edit: 13 Feb 2018 00:18 by Cara Easton (Raeelle).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Annora (Karen)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
13 Feb 2018 06:35 #7 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
While information from this "menace of a being" may be untrustworthy, I wonder if in his hubris he unwittingly has given us a possible list of allies? Each of the places where I have lived is not marked on the map. I would be willing, on behalf of our Crusade, to represent the barony in seeking out allied support.

Father Ephrem
Flagellant of the Holy Light

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
13 Feb 2018 08:01 #8 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
I find it hard ta believe tha' Necrofeckhead has allies amongst me people.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
13 Feb 2018 09:47 - 13 Feb 2018 09:48 #9 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Donny,

Our fellow highlanders are not immune to such things. My time in the Black Watch has shown me that even among us, some of the darker notions of Outlander Thought are possible. We are still human and equally capable of good or bad. And its these darker notions which infected some within the Highlands that cost me most of my family.

That said, if the locations of the markings are accurate, the one in the highlands is in the area of Fort McWilliam.

Fort McWilliam.... the home of the Watch and where the Grand Council meets.

Once we deal with this arsehole, I've a trip north and west to take... I know the highlands have become very fractured... and I would not be surprised if this cancer is one of the reasons for it.

-Duncan

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 13 Feb 2018 09:48 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solitaire (nobody2357), Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
  • Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Words will always be stronger than any weapon or spell.
  • Thank Yous: 73
13 Feb 2018 10:09 #10 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Replied by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
If anyone needs aid or information about them I know a small amount due to my ugly run in with them. Send me a missive if anyone might have any questions.

[OOG NOTE. On her signature "Tropicana" appears to be missing from it]

[img

[OOG: Rae Gisinger/Metsuda (They/Them)]
13 Feb 2018 10:54 #11 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Then I'm coming too, and I plan a bloody reckonin' wi' th' followers o' Necrofeckhead who mess wi' me people.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
13 Feb 2018 11:15 #12 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Cara,

We will need more of your reasoned thought, and yet I've a persistent suspicion that the markings upon that map are mere propaganda meant to bring our collective insides to the boil.

When do we begin?

~Nalick

• Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
13 Feb 2018 12:12 #13 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
When I was shown the map, it wasn't stated that this was a map of Necrophitus' influence, but rather the reach of the Arcane Sons specifically. If this map is accurate to anything it all, it is more likely where this particular cult has strongholds than anything else.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
  • Starling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 113
13 Feb 2018 12:25 #14 by Starling (starling)
Replied by Starling (starling) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
I spent some time this feast listing all the locations on the map, for anyone who feels more inclined to that format; I'll gladly share it once I dig up that particular set of notes.

Moostrav, do you recall whether this is specifically of the Arcane Sons' influence, or of Necrophitus' influence, or if they were considering both?

Squire to Lord Angelica Tellinghast
Viceroy of Drega'mire

OOG: Alice Bryson
Marshal, New Player Rep
  • Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
13 Feb 2018 12:57 #15 by Kardin (Ben)
Replied by Kardin (Ben) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
They're right in the middle of the Hiolangorn Territories...
There's no way our Warchief would tolerate that, and the Khans would up and revolt before they allowed the Arcane Sons to...

It doesn't make any sense.

I need to go home. I've been away for far too long.

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
13 Feb 2018 13:05 #16 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Why would separating the Arcane Sons from Necrophtius matter? They work for him, thusly are his influence, they began when Necrophtius first took students. They are inherently linked in some matter.

Either way, I suspect it's an over inflated Ego boosting move on their part. Though if anyone happens to any of these places and finds out anything interesting I'd certainly love to hear about it.

I would also like the locations written in List format Starling, that would be great.

Leliana Kainen

Storyteller / Marshal
  • Django
  • Thank Yous: 47
13 Feb 2018 13:20 #17 by Django (Topgunwov)
Replied by Django (Topgunwov) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
I have some thoughts and questions brewing about this map, take them with a grain of salt. I cannot say I am perfectly knowledgeable about the lands outside of Travance, so pardon my ignorance and do with the following ramblings what you will

Firstly I am curious as to the exact method as to how the map was obtained, as that would lead our inquiries in a very specific direction. Was is simply handed to us? Did we struggle for it? Who was it handed to, or who found it? The answers to each question raises its own set of inquiries

Secondly while the locations of each "stronghold" (and that word, in itself, raises the question of how a stronghold is defined by their people. A hidden coven? A fortress, loud and strong in it's presence? A city corrupted, or perhaps worse, enslaved?) is curious in itself, and many have shown concern of such strongholds occupying their homelands, it is also just as curious to see where they have Avoided gaining a foothold. There are many lands that have a strong concentration of these occupied territories, while the map also shows wide swaths of land that they have avoided for one reason or another. Some reasons may be obvious, but a keener eye than mine would be wise to study carefully the exact locations these Sons seemed to have passed over.

Which brings me to my final observation. It has been brought up already, but who exactly is the master of these strongholds? Is it Necrophitus himself? Or simply the Sons? Each answer holds its own implications. What exactly is their relationship to each other? Who exactly makes up the ranks of this group? How deep is this bond between the Sons and Necrophitus? An alliance of opportunity or a cult devoted to his "glory", as it were?

Many of my inquiries may have already been answered, and for that I apologize for my admitted ignorance, however if any of these questions remains unanswered it would be wise for a more learned person than I to delve deeper to acquire answers.

Take what I state as you will.

-Django, the "Rooster"

Commodore Django, the Sunseeker
Kormyrian Navy, Captain of the K.S.S. Ironscale
Rooster of the Winged Victory
Vassal to Kaladonia

OOG: Evan Wovsaniker
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
13 Feb 2018 13:31 #18 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
I’ll see if I can get a look at these strongholds in Selendrias the one closest to Greendell is near my birthplace and I know of someone who might be interested in the one close to the southern border.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
13 Feb 2018 17:29 #19 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
The cult in question are the dogs of Necrophtius. There is no separation, they act on his will.
Questions of influence are irrelevant.
The map was handed to us, and was not coerced.
It was given alongside the notion that if we gave them specific artifacts, that we or Travance could be spared.
This was obviously declined.
There are so many overthinking this, if you don't believe it true, don't chime in. That would be a waist of energy, I'm happy to assist those who are actually to do something with this information.....

Here is a constructive idea... Why no evaluate the areas labeled on our side of the rift first.... There is obviously something that spawned out of Dregamire... Why don't we question those of that land, or check within their walls. That is one of them most interesting developments we see on this map as of now...

And a question to any who may be indifferent on the idea of their eyes... Is there anyone willing to attempt to scry the ink upon the original map. The parchment itself may not have been held long, but ink is something one carries on them...

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62), Django (Topgunwov)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
13 Feb 2018 18:25 #20 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
The Arcane Sons have been a persistent thorn in our side since my Lord husband was hired to pursue them half a century ago. They tore my family asunder and took from me what is most precious. Please consider the implications of your "idea."

The only thing spawning out of Drega'mire in relation to the Arcane Sons is vengeance for the crimes against our people, our kingdom, and my daughter.

Lady Angelica Tartaros, the Lioness of Kormyre
Vice-Admiral of the Kormyrian Royal Navy
Lady of Drega'mire

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
13 Feb 2018 18:25 #21 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Moostrav,

Instead of insulting those of my land, why don't you try asking us.
Remember that we are all united in the fight against Necrophitus, and now is not the time to be throwing accusatory comments towards each other.
As for the markings on this map, know that Drega'mire does not tolerate Necrophitus's influence. Cara, Winks, and myself are planning an excursion to investigate some of the abandoned cities that were destroyed during or before the demon wars. If there is in fact an Arcane Sons presence in our land, we will hunt them down.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
13 Feb 2018 18:52 #22 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Based on the location of the circle, it does not appear to be located in any of Drega’Mire’s primary towns and cities. I would almost suspect Cyrit, but it is incredibly difficult to pin down exactly where that circle is located in comparison to a city. Cyrit has been mostly uninhabited for quite some time.

Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Django (Topgunwov)
13 Feb 2018 19:41 #23 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Part of the intent is insult, but you still misinterpret what we say.
It very well may not be all of you, but the presence still is indicated, would you let pride hide the flaunts of your failure.
Failure is something that must be dealt with, maybe you should look to yourselves and see. There are a few of you I do indeed trust, but trust is left to every individual that reads these words.
Now is the time for your approach on this matter, will you look to see if these claims are true, or look to prove there unreliability; these things are not the same.
As I have said, spend your time the way you see fit, but we warn that emotions, pride, and compassion will only waist your energy. Fighting over issues like this will surly be a downfall if it is to occur.

Now to clarify, I am not going to pursue looking into the potential corruption of your land, or even a part of it. However I do believe it to be true, and can reasonably see it wholly possible. The question is do you; and if you do, do something about it, if you don't.... this conversation pertains not to you.

Some think the topic revolves around themselves individually, you are not some protagonist being accused of some inaccurate obscenity. Instead I challenge your land as a whole has missed something, or has gone unaware of different happenings that may or may not have occurred. Personal experiences do not abstain an entire land of any involvement.

It is not a matter that I don't trust asking you all, it is merely the question do you trust one another. This is everyone issue, and your responsibility. If you all trust one another look to your people, if you trust your people, look to your caves, sewers, and slums... if you trust your slums then you are fine, and worry not. You can choose to be joyfully ignorant, if it keeps you functioning; or you can choose to evaluate the information at hand, and be comfortably informed.....

I may trust the map, but the accuracy of that trust is still in question. See to Leliana, her observations are intelligent. As well as Duncan ,Ephrem, and some of what Cara has written.

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
  • Starling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
13 Feb 2018 19:50 #24 by Starling (starling)
Consider it this way: the power of the Arcane Sons is a subset of the power wielded by Necrophitus. Is all their power his? I would wager yes and I'd bet a lot. Is all his power theirs? I find that much, much less likely. Moreover, knowing what this is supposed to be and what to look for will likely help anyone who decides to try and seek it out. The stronghold of a cult or zealots meeting in secret in the middle of the night look different from a massing army of undead.

The list is as follows: Crystanthalis, Hiolangorn, Glynith-Tyr, Fea'glythindal, Crownhurst, Greendell Shire, Tel'Nostroph, Emerald Glade, Khali'zar, the Isle of Ive, Helm's Hall, Sol'el, Amon'kas, Tarpier, Cephyr's Horn, The Highlands, Selimport, Septufas, Bordertown, Arkovnia, Vollorn, Loez, Baele Nax, Hogsnort, New Gaaldron, De'mentia, Drega'Mire.

The following locations are unlabeled or unclear on the map originally provided and should be cross-referenced with better local maps: location north east of the Mines of Oaman, and location north of Alok'Malagan (possibly Tamaria).

Viceroy of Drega'mire

Marshal, New Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Annora (Karen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Moostrav Potrevski (), Django (Topgunwov)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
13 Feb 2018 20:49 #25 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Starling,
I would agree fully with you. My research from last summer gave me their personal phrase.
Should anyone overhear it you can probably assume it's them:

"From Death rises power. Our power is his power"

Maybe they will soon realize that in his final plan no one benefits besides him.

Storyteller / Marshal
  • Django
13 Feb 2018 20:49 #26 by Django (Topgunwov)
Thank you to both you, Starling and to you as well, Moostrav. I would say Moostrav's original plan of examining the targets on our side of the rift first is sound, the number of points of interest is a fraction of those on the opposite side and would allow us to focus our resources on a limited number of spots. I'd recommend sending scouting parties to all areas, as any settlements we have allies within (no offense to those who claim these lands as home) may have been compromised to the point where any information we receive back would be questionable in it's authenticity. Who knows what is currently happening within their walls? If the Arcane Sons are as dangerous as Lady Tartaros indicates, entire towns could be under their thrall.

Starling, could you tell us exactly which areas on your list fall on our side of the rift, for clarity to anyone following along?

-Django, the "Rooster"

Vassal to Kaladonia

The following user(s) said Thank You: Aleister (Aleister), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
13 Feb 2018 21:01 #27 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Friends,

This map is our chess board. The enemies pieces are displayed. We know our King - Valos with the blood of the God King - must be protected. He is hidden, castled if you will. Valestrezi is a powerful piece, our Queen no longer static making a bold move in uniting outer realms. Our clergy are about to strike on the oblique - champions of the gods ready to attack the enemy King, himself well castled. Some sacrifices may be necessary in order to take out his Queen, his most powerful piece, the Soul Devourer. Travance, our rook and home, moves itself head on straight into the Wastes in order to protect our knights who jump into the Chaos Wastes. Let us use the map to determine where his pieces lie; let us determine our allies to thwart the motion of his pieces.

This is a long game that has been played for millenia, and Necrophitus has made his move. We have forgotten the opening, perhaps knowledge of the beginning will help us. We ought to gain the initiative. For each of his positions, let us send emissaries to gain allies - one for one, or perhaps more in order to have more power directed to each square of the map. In the meantime, we aggressively move to attack the evil King.

The endgame is upon us.

Father Ephrem,
Flagellant of the Holy Light

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Sindarion (Steven SA), Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
  • Starling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
13 Feb 2018 21:15 #28 by Starling (starling)
On this side of the Rift: New Gaaldron, De'mentia, Drega'Mire, and what could be supposed to be Tamaria.

Viceroy of Drega'mire

Marshal, New Player Rep
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
13 Feb 2018 21:32 #29 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Moostrav,
What were the artifacts they wanted?

-Robert Morgan

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
  • Django
13 Feb 2018 21:43 #30 by Django (Topgunwov)
I would say New Gaaldron may be the most dangerous target to scout, after what happened this past moon, followed by Tamaria(?), as the exact location is unknown it will make scouting difficult and dangerous if we send our units out blind, I know little of De'mentia, so further analysis from myself would be impossible. Drega'Mire is a curious thing. If we send out someone with no affiliations to Drega'Mire to scout, it would be beneficial in that they have no connection to anyone living there, therefore the information we receive is less likely to be tainted, our reports received more clear and untouched by sense of loyalty to land or pride, and less information will be hidden from us out of shame of what's potentially become of the lands(again, no offense intended, i state all of this from an objective standpoint). However if we send someone familiar with the region it has it's own potential benefits, along with potential risks. More in depth knowledge of the land and it's secrets, more connections and networks to gain information from, all with the risk of having our scouts pulled into the vile web of these Arcane Sons and whatever they have done to this town (if they are not already involved).
-Django, the "Rooster"

Vassal to Kaladonia

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.733 seconds