The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...

• Dimetri Yhatzi
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Si khohaimo may pachivalo sar o chachimo
  • Thank Yous: 127
13 Feb 2018 22:37 #31 by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart)
Replied by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
My Staff for one...Morgan.

Dimetri Yhatzi
Viceroy of Ostcliff
Druid of the Conclave.
Master Merchant and Locksmith, The Purple Thistle
Mashkar le gadjende leski shib si le Romeski zor

Damian VanHart - OOG
Marshal

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune--they're all just ways of claiming your success without claiming your failures."
13 Feb 2018 22:38 #32 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
They wanted Dimetri's staff, The dragon eggs and the Verdrane blades if i am remembering correctly.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
  • Kaiva
  • “It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”
  • Thank Yous: 25
13 Feb 2018 23:20 #33 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Replied by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
They also wanted compliance as well.

[img

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

OOG (India Jackson)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
14 Feb 2018 00:28 #34 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but was not Arkovnia also where His Grace dispatched a diplomatic corps to negotiate with Lady Meldicia, then acting under the influence of a pact with dark powers? There may be a connection between the Arcane Sons and the Coven of the Eldritch Star.

~Nalick

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
14 Feb 2018 08:03 #35 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Nalick,

I so not recall if it was Arkovnia or Ravenhurst - one being adjacent to the other.
Either way, I would be willing to speak with Lady Meldicia, with others if need be, to take steps further than our current "non-aggression agreement" and perhaps secure an alliance from a former foe.

Father Ephrem

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Feb 2018 09:51 #36 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Part of the final negotiations were that the Meldicia family would gain control of Ravenhurst. The Barony we paid visit to through a portal, was either Fenrick or Arkovnia, and I believe I initially told someone that I would be going to Fenrick and being wrong in my prediction.

~Nalick

• Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
14 Feb 2018 12:05 #37 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
I'm so glad this matter is being handled by the professionals.
Donny, Duncan, I'll be joining you two. Father Donny planning bloody vengence is never a good thing. I'll check to see if letting that affect me fits into my agenda.
Reno, finish your damn signatures.

-Justé Noire

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
14 Feb 2018 12:11 #38 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
I resemble tha' comment, Leftenant Commander. I'll nae be asked ta sit idle whilst me family's in danger. should I have me clan an' sept move doon 'ere, inta Sassenach lands?

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
14 Feb 2018 12:24 #39 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
For those who can't read "happy hour" allow me to translate for Father Donny.

Should my people relocate?

My answer is absolutely. We could use more short, angry, blue-painted killers in our joint forces against Necrofightnight and his armies.

-Justé Noire

OOG-Reece Belmont
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
14 Feb 2018 17:09 #40 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Donny,

Do not send for them. The way across the Rift is a bit perilous right now and well... if we need to go to the Highlands, having allies there that can be trusted outside the Watch will be far more valuable than you know when its time to go give a kickin'...

Trust me.

Juste, you are more than welcome to come with. I've a feeling your talents will be very important in any house cleaning to be done. It will wait, though, until we get the Big Problem dealt with.

-Duncan

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
14 Feb 2018 17:45 #41 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
As ye wish. I'll send corrections back ta home.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
25 Feb 2018 23:52 #42 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Just got back from the Gate's Rest, we found a ritual in the basement being controlled by the Arcane Sons. These points represent access points the the hordes of undead that Necrophitus has been storing under the world. They can be destroyed, or at least deactivated.

-Orophin Earfalas

[hr]
-Tim P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth (Kurteth)
26 Feb 2018 00:42 #43 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
So, understanding this is probably a trap or some sort. I say lets proceed with destroying these locations, could be fun to call the bluff?
The question is how to get to all these locations.
Eh, Thinking like the Idle-Litch....

Give them the locations, so they think they are all traps and never investigate...
There could be some true and some false locations....
Or although confirmed in one place, they could all be a waist of time.

... Is this worth our time, or a waist of it... Thinking's fun, but only for the fun of it.

I say I'm honestly a bit antsy, and could go for a killing, opinions?

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Feb 2018 01:03 #44 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Venturing out to seek something to kill is something I cannot advise.

~Nalick

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
26 Feb 2018 01:18 #45 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Moostrov,

Assuming we could get to anywhere, it would be acting under the assumption that not all of these places were activated at once...
My biggest fear is that they have all been activated and Orophin was lucky to be at the Gate's Rest when it happened.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
26 Feb 2018 01:27 #46 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Leliana,
That is fair, personally i'm fine with doing nothing at all. There is plenty to keep me occupied, and even if the world ends, it is not over.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
26 Feb 2018 08:56 #47 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
And how would you propose we get to all of these places? Gates aren’t working, not since elemental magic was shifted and empowered last feast. The Weave is more complete and stable now, yes, but I have no more power to cross the rift instantly than you do. We must take this time to prepare for what is to come- protect the people we can and strike at Necrophitus hard. There is much planning to be done before we can defeat the Eidolich, and going in unprepared will certainly cause our end.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
26 Feb 2018 11:07 #48 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Cara,

Is tha' why me wife keeps yellin' at me 'bout me shockin' her every time I hand her somethin'? I dinnae ken wha's goin on.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
26 Feb 2018 11:43 #49 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Aye. There is much we must relearn about the Weave now, about how everything is tied together anew. And even that cannot be completed until that final chaos anchor is placed successfully. We have one month to prepare. We must all be ready.

Marshal
Card Staff
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
26 Feb 2018 12:34 #50 by Narcis (ChrisR)
We did in fact place the final Chaos Anchor.

However, that doesn't really matter considering how much power he has already stored or used.
We will brace our ourselves for this coming showdown. I can only hope that the rest of Palmydia does not come to ruin while we do so.

Storyteller / Marshal
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
26 Feb 2018 12:47 #51 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Before quibbling over the temporary loss of sorcery of the green strand and Godly flight, perhaps consider our other options:

Choyopa and the Emerald Path
Akran Palazzo and the Gates of Passage
The Dread Lord
Faerie Gates
Chaos Portals

I am certain that we can find a way to handle these threats.

At the very last resort... perhaps the Rituals of the Legacy are still in effect.

We have options.

Discuss them.

--Mantel Warrane

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
26 Feb 2018 12:50 #52 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Cara,

Unless I am mistaken, you used primarily Telemancy, not Green Sorcery, in the moderation of Fellika Malkavon's Void Gate. Could we try applying that "doing it live" experience to improvise a travel solution for the new Weave?

--Mantel

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
26 Feb 2018 13:15 #53 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Leliana- I apologize, I was under the impression that the town was unable to reach the final chaos anchor location successfully and was intending to place it in the near future. That was my misunderstanding, and I apologize for the mistake.

Mantel- I used a basic knowledge of Telemancy in order to reinforce the gate to prevent it from deteriorating, but the fundamental entergy was from manipulating green strands. I’m not sure we can recreate that knowledge directly- that would require power as strong as the Gates of Passage and I’m not sure even the Gnomes could build them within the time and with the materials allotted. That is magi-technology beyond what I think we are currently capable of. Hopefully that will change as we practice and learn, and apply new techniques, but I don’t anticipate us being able to do that before April.

Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
26 Feb 2018 13:19 #54 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Mantel- those are good alternatives to consider, but I don’t know how quickly we will be able to obtain/master them. They may get us to one location, but with so many circles we would need to prioritize unemotionally the most important to visit first. We already know that Corsair is relocating the town in April, we should take this time to prepare for that . We will be no help to our families, Travance, Kormyre, Palmydia, or Arawyn himself if we are dead.

Marshal
Card Staff
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
26 Feb 2018 13:25 #55 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Cara,
We only just placed it so it's not really wrong, I just forgot to update everyone.

Mantel,
The Ritual we used to Portal into where Cennius was defending himself, the portals he used, took us two weeks to prepare and activate. The Ritual was not a simple sheet, it was a tome.

Felika's Void gate, having experienced it first hand after, will literally place anyone in the void if not met with the right time. It would take someone merely seconds to die if was done wrong.

I agree, that in a perfect scenario we would be able to make it to these places and perhaps someone can find a way to. However I will hold my breath because we don't even know if the others have been activated yet, or when they will, or if we could even find the buildings they were in. While important, I must agree with Cara that we cannot divert full attention to these ritual portals, perhaps if some are willing to look into it sure, but we must prepare ourselves and our town to face the coming trials.

Storyteller / Marshal
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
26 Feb 2018 18:53 #56 by Mantel (sigma-j)
You will never hear me suggesting we divert full attention to any one Aspect of Threat, and I do wish that assumption would cease being the default.

Thank you for the clarifications on Cennius' Chaos Portals, and Fellika's. There are other kinds of chaos portals, however; Abyssal, for example. I've also been through at least one other kind.

I think this entire situation is wholesale a trap; Necrophitus will use it as a bargaining chip at his more dire moment. The moment we go to strike him down, he will reveal some sort of Dead Man Ritual; if we kill him, these pools of evil will be unleashed. We need to be prepared to go directly into war with them.

At the very least, we should beckon our allies with this information and prepare them for the impending threat.

--Mantel

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

26 Feb 2018 21:25 #57 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Mantel an' Cara,

I'll get on a plan. I'm a Blood Spirit an' a MacFhionnlaigh, this is wha' I do, this is wha' I was raised ta do since I was a wee bairn.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
26 Feb 2018 22:04 #58 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Mantel,

I will make a point to discuss this with my superiors. We should be ready or at least try to be ready for possible eventualities.

Taylor Meise
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
27 Feb 2018 11:17 #59 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Travancian forces are quick learners. We'll come to handle these new changes as we prepare ourselves against Necrofitus. And I highly doubt Travance's attention will turn from this abomination any time soon. I'm currently working with all other Blood Spirit heroes in an attempt to collect our bearings after this supposed universal change, that we may work together more efficiently as a unit. Our goal is the preservation of Kormyre, and Arawyn as a whole above all else. I believe that ALL of Travance should follow suit. Now is the time to set aside differences, be they national, racial, cultural, spiritual, or otherwise. All of us, united as one, have the potential of eliminating this threat for good. But we need to do it together.
And Mantel, Cara, Leliana?
I'll stand by each of you, and all others as you work hard for our efforts. The understandings magic are not my strong suit, but what I do understand is that it's going to be needed, you and three are some of the best to handle it. Nothing will stop you from success through your hard work. I will see to that personally.

Salem Noire

OOG-Reece Belmont
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
27 Feb 2018 12:16 #60 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Given the vision of Necrophitus I’m sure we all just shared, all the rituals have opened at once. Now is the time to make our choices. All of those we love are at risk. We must all band together in strength and unity, not scatter in fear.

Marshal
Card Staff
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.743 seconds