The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...

• Kaiva
  • “It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”
  • Thank Yous: 25
27 Feb 2018 19:15 #61 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Replied by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
We must be strong friends. It is time to show what friendship, unity and trust brings. We can do this. I believe in you all!

[img

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

OOG (India Jackson)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
09 Mar 2018 08:49 #62 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Since I’m not sure how quickly this information has spread, and we only have a few days until Corsair relocates us to the Chaos Wastes, i am providing the following update:

Last feast, Corsair took me on a trip around Arawyn to every city containing Necrophitus’ undead. While they are numerous, they are not acting as we would expect. They are not needlessly slaughtering and pushing back against the living. Instead, they seem to be acting in a calculated manner- they are pushing back and trapping people, moving in ways that are clear to be a diversion. They were meant to distract us, to force us to attempt to split our strengths and tear us apart.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
09 Mar 2018 19:18 #63 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Cara,

Once we've done the work in the Wastes... I will be taking volunteers back to Fort McWilliam in the Highlands to clean up the mess there. One hopes without That One's power driving them, they will get rolled up without needless loss of life there.

You are absolutely right- it is absolutely a diversion of sorts but sometimes even they need to be dealt with as quickly and resolutely as possible.

Let us hope we can do whats necessary in a timely and efficient manner so we can all go to where the problems are to excise them like the cysts they be.

-Duncan

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
09 Mar 2018 20:18 #64 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Speaking as one who both knows undead and tactics pretty well...

This makes zero sense. If he truly meant these undead to be a distraction, why NOT let them rip, rend, and tear flesh from bone as their very nature demands? Why bother with the magical energy and attention needed to keep these undead at bay? Right now- these undead are not a distraction at all. Why would we literally care about them if they aren't even harming the people of Arawyn? Does Necrophitis have a vested interest in keeping a world population intact? Or are they rounding up these people in order for a use later- a sacrifice or a ritual perhaps?

Keep in mind that I am not calling your report into question- Im questioning our reaction to it and the possible tactics behind what it is that we are seeing.

Allyce

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
09 Mar 2018 21:00 #65 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
I imagine it has to do with his real goal.
His goal to extend his reach 'beyond the Stars'
Either they are being collected for a reason, or just to distract us as Cara says, however:

That level of intelligence in undead generally means either that they are sentient or that they are advanced in some other way.

I would postulate that if they are indeed using advanced tactics and organization and are not a mindless horde would mean that it might be impossible for us to discern their intentions by just looking at them. Who knows the complexity of the order they were given.

Just my thoughts on how they are acting. I am going to go back to preparing for our trip. The best way to deal with it all is to deal with the problem. At best, they will be destroyed, at worst they will all become feral.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
09 Mar 2018 21:40 #66 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
I never said they were not attacking nor killing people. I started they were not acting with the aim of mass slaughter. They are meant to divert our attention. If I had not been taken around the globe, we would not have known what they were doing. We would still be assuming they are slaughtering everyone and everything in sight.

There is a bigger plan here we do not know.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
09 Mar 2018 22:51 #67 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
Replied by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
many orc in gaaldron still not free in da pits, badddd orcs who if free help murder da ones you want dead, when we go der to gettem out, LET DEM CLAIM DER VENGEANCE

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
10 Mar 2018 09:41 #68 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Might I suggest the power of Augury, newly found within the priesthood of Eodra. Along with the psions, we priests could make use of this spell/prayer to coordinate efforts and communicate with whom we have once spoken in each one of the areas of concern.

Father Ephrem

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
10 Mar 2018 11:00 #69 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
Such tactics are a by-product of aberrant reanimation. It's not something Travance has honestly commonly seen, so it doesn't surprise me that many of you are unfamiliar with undead being used this way. The undead carry out long, complicated tasks with calculated thought due to the souls fueling them. As normally the brain of a reanimated creature such as undead breaks down to primal function, the soul has some way of imparting tactical knowledge to the construct.

In the end it's obvious that Arcane is positioning more than anything else, his move is coming very soon and has already begun.

-Orophin

[hr]
-Tim P
10 Mar 2018 21:55 #70 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
(OOG note: empathics are catching a whole bunch of rage and anger coming off of this.)

I care not wha' is causin' this. Something's gettin' a kicking fer messing wi' me homeland.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
10 Mar 2018 23:28 #71 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
((I don't know if they'd get that from written words, unless it were written such that it looks angry.))

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
11 Mar 2018 11:41 #72 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic The Map Provided by the Arcane Sons...
(yep. Mess with hibernians, you get the wolfhound's teeth.)

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.557 seconds